i don’t think shanks is Luffys endgame. Luffy is supposed to surpass Shanks, but not to fight him. It always felt strange to expand them to fight.

but I can see kid fighting him, Luffy wants to interfere, but both (kid and shanks) stop him.

„this is something personal.“
It's literally been set up for them to fight. Luffy has said he wants to fight Shanks twice now, once on PH and again in Wano to Hyou.

The problem people "see" with them fighting is because nobody knows Shanks' full motivation yet as a character, so they only see him as this fully good mentor like Rayleigh.

However, he never trained Luffy or mentored him. He only saved his life for a reason we still don't understand because it's not been elaborated on.

Recall that the drive for Kid wanting to go after Shanks was before Apoo betrayed them for Kaido
Post automatically merged:

Dude, if you have zero idea what went down just shut your mouth and sit back you POS.

I didn't post anything concerning redon.

I quoted a source from mangahelpers not connected to him and a tweet from Yonkouprod.

Both got deleted and later claimed by Lance.
Proof?

Im a POS? Good one lmao. Funny how this only applies to you and nobody else. Not one other person has complained about this or verified your claims. You call an entire room of people assholes, chances are you are the asshole solely here.

Fuck off.

Has kid career peaked?, shanks and bb are for luffy, 2 admirals are for zoro/sanji, maybe gorosei?
Maybe he fights an admiral for all we know.

We know Fuji became a Luffy fanboy, maybe Ryokugyu follows him too as it was hinted they both don't like the WG system much, so fights aren't set for anyone when it comes to WG, we have characters like Revs, Kidd (and with him Killer), Law (he will want payback for what they did to his hometown), then the main characters, grand fleet.

G

Gorosei Informer

i don’t think shanks is Luffys endgame. Luffy is supposed to surpass Shanks, but not to fight him. It always felt strange to expand them to fight.

but I can see kid fighting him, Luffy wants to interfere, but both (kid and shanks) stop him.

That's what I was thinking too, I can see only see Shanks fighting Luffy to test him, to see if he is worthy of Laugh Tale, the One Piece and Pirate Kingship but Kidd has way too personal stakes vs Shanks now and wanted to take him down first, so I can see a potential major conflict between him and Luffy over this, especially with Kidd most likely openly wanting to and trying to kill Shanks in front of Luffy, declaring he will do it or so and this will piss Luffy off naturally.

I can't see Kidd becoming an ally of Luffy like Law has but he will work together with him when necessary though. A sort of friendly but still somewhat hostile rival. Frenemy or whatever lol. Sort of like Luffy's equivalent of Grimmjow from Bleach but more equal in strength to him than Grimmjow and Ichigo and with more role and importance ofc.

Shiki is mad underrated imo and I regard Kidd as Luffy's Shiki and like Shiki, Kidd is underappreciated and still will be in future imo sadly. Oda wasted Shiki but he was still iconic/memorable, entertaining/fun, funny and badass. I hope he does appear properly in the story in some form, along with Zephyr and Tesoro.

I think Kidd has a few arcs to come like Law had so far and is Luffy's direct rival for PK aside from BB ofc, but I can see Kidd focusing on PK but BB will want to go for Imu's position, King of the World or so and thus also try to be the next Xebec too ofc, so Luffy and Kidd can focus on Shanks and also Laugh Tale, the One Piece and Pirate King and Blackbeard can focus on taking down the Marines, WG and especially Imu and the Gorosei ofc, most likely the Celestial Dragons too naturally. Also trying to take over or even destroy as many countries as he can too.

I'm honestly surprised Wapol isn't an official ally of Blackbeard too, especially with his surprising comeback and success and the black theming he has now too.

Law is probably going to die at some point unfortuantely at least temporarily due to the Eternal Youth Surgery Chekovs Gun so this might happen soon and lets Kidd get more spotlight too but I think Law will die more towards EOS with Imu if he does die. There's also if the Eternal Youth Surgery requires awakening in the first place or if its affected by his awakening if it doesn't require it to use it originally.

People who slander Kidd don't even realise the blatant parallels Oda has been setting up with him and Luffy in this arc as well as some subtle ones before that and also some in Stampede. I also think he's gonna play a major role in Film Red as he was in Stampede too ofc and a Red themed film surely must have Kidd in it too?

I like the Davy Back Fight theory tbh. They‘re not fighting, but still competing against each other. I can‘t see Shanks wanting to hurt Luffy in a fight tbh.

G

Gorosei Informer

Thanks! If you can find a cooler avy, let me know, pls. I decided to wear either a Law set or a Kid set, depending on who of them defeats her lol.
Haha sure! Hopefully more art of Kidd will start appearing now with all the hype and screentime he's getting and thus the new moves, powerups and such he's shown too.

It might take the anime to catchup (after freaking ages unfortunately) before we get a lot more art for him too unfortunately but I'll keep an eye out! I've got a few art sites I use and I'll go have a browse on them for any potential cool Kidd art later, if I find any I'll let you know!
:cheers::rosismile::kata::kidsmile:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
It's literally been set up for them to fight. Luffy has said he wants to fight Shanks twice now, once on PH and again in Wano to Hyou.

The problem people "see" with them fighting is because nobody knows Shanks' full motivation yet as a character, so they only see him as this fully good mentor like Rayleigh.

However, he never trained Luffy or mentored him. He only saved his life for a reason we still don't understand because it's not been elaborated on.

Recall that the drive for Kid wanting to go after Shanks was before Apoo betrayed them for Kaido
Post automatically merged:

Proof?

Im a POS? Good one lmao. Funny how this only applies to you and nobody else. Not one other person has complained about this or verified your claims. You call an entire room of people assholes, chances are you are the asshole solely here.

Fuck off.
As far as I remember, correct me, he said he wants to fight all 4 yonko, but never specifically said shanks. It seems for me he meants the institution of the yonko, not the specific persons. He also doesn’t seem to give a damn about Linlin anymore.

I get your arguments and don’t deny them. I just think of Kid as a kind of rival to Luffy which has some unknown connection to Shanks. And since I assume kid being the other side of the medal of Luffy, I could imagine Kid has a troublesome connection, something like a angry brother.

Just some random thought, what if Kid blames his older brother Shanks for the death of their parents (f.e. For being Roger pirate), so Shanks could never build up some connection to his brother, which hates him. And to compensate, Shanks build this connection to Luffy. Maybe Luffy is what kid should have been for shanks, but Shanks couldn’t reach him anymore emotionally.

I like the Davy Back Fight theory tbh. They‘re not fighting, but still competing against each other. I can‘t see Shanks wanting to hurt Luffy in a fight tbh.
You guys need to open your mind on this lol, we know far too little about the character at this point in time, something which Oda is not consistently teasing at Jump Festa and the new movie

Same crew tore Kid's arm off.

Haha sure! Hopefully more art of Kidd will start appearing now with all the hype and screentime he's getting and thus the new moves, powerups and such he's shown too.

It might take the anime to catchup (after freaking ages unfortunately) before we get a lot more art for him too unfortunately but I'll keep an eye out! I've got a few art sites I use and I'll go have a browse on them for any potential cool Kidd art later, if I find any I'll let you know!

:cheers::rosismile::kata::kidsmile:
Thanks! He used to be my fave during the Sabaody Arc and I hope for more hype chapters. He‘s still Top 10 for me and might even be Top 5 again.