I don't think death is a bad thing at all.
i don't wanna sound like a flipin stereotype taliban wrapping a C4 and out to goo boom.. but in islam death is the only way to transition and attain the rewards of the deeds which entails a whole other set of beliefs holistically.. but in a nutshell death isn't a bad thing in islam but we're told to fear it so that.. that fear may divert us from sins.

coming from you, i suppose an agnostic /atheist, sounds surprising.. unlss I'm wrong about this assumption

if he's fighting shanks its occuring before BB
problem is shanks is weaker and has a lower threat level associated with him ( bounty) than who he is going to beat in this arc.
I dont see it happening.
This is a really naive way of thinking about the character, character intent or bounties for that matter lol.

We know nothing about Shanks, yet we do know he casually talks to the people Luffy is meant to take down. Funny that Oda never has Shanks mention Blackbeard, he cuts off the conversation before it starts.

We also need to stop powerscaling bounties. Shanks literally stopped Kaido and is regarded by Kaido as the "ceiling" by Kaido's own depiction with Luffy.

Stop underestimating Shanks. Literally nothing in this manga has painted him inferior to any other pirate.

No that doublespread implies he was WILLING to fight any of them, Blackbeard and Marines. Then Blackbeard walks away after he singles him out. Then Sengoku ends the war.

And you don't know if he's not the endgame ANTAGONIST or not. We know zilch about the character outside of suspicious allusions to him not being all "good".

And that scene with Im really doesn't mean much lol. Clearly he's cutting up the 2 major pirates with D.s on their Wanted posters. Shirahoshi is also there, considering the Joyboy prophecy.

If anything, Whitebeard's speech entirely contradicts Blackbeard being the endgame villain:

Seriously, read what he's saying in order. He says Blackbeard will not do x thing that Roger clearly told him about, and he will not be the person who changes the world and takes down the WG. A lot of people miss this point communicated by Whitebeard.

I'm also not even sure why people think Shiryu will be Zoro's last fight. He's not gonna get multiple fights in the endgame, it'll be with an associated group, and considering Shiryu does not have a black blade, while Mihawk does, it's weird to me that people think Shiryu gives endgame vibes to anyone here.

I've never felt Blackbeard was meant to be THE endgame villain, it's just been assumed for years because of his powers and what he did to Luffy
"No that doublespread implies he was WILLING to fight any of them, Blackbeard and Marines. Then Blackbeard walks away after he singles him out. Then Sengoku ends the war."

and he would get washed. you see how much it took to take down both kaido and big mom this arc who are undoubtedly a stronger force than him and his crew alone?
again the relevant part here is bb said its not time for them to fight yet.

I dont care about shanks being good or bad. there's a clear setup for blackbeard as the opposite for everything luffy stands for. He is growing he is part of the same worst generation, his island is based where xebec once ruled (another D that was roger's greates rival btw) , and imu has their bounty poster alongside an ancient weapon.
theres nothing else to spell out .

"I've never felt Blackbeard was meant to be THE endgame villain, it's just been assumed for years because of his powers and what he did to Luffy"

better claim to it than shanks
and you are right on one thing becoming the pk is one thing
the world government is another and shanks isnt one of the figures that stands atop that.
you have the gorosei and you have the marines . take the fanboy hat off.