Hes known to not like the way BM is treated and specifically disliked 1038/1039 before spoilers came out.

Now he says he likes this one and has voted she gets up in the poll and made other suggestions/allusions to it.

You decide what you want to believe. Lance will post spoilers in a few hours probably

Last edited:
This is a really naive way of thinking about the character, character intent or bounties for that matter lol.

We know nothing about Shanks, yet we do know he casually talks to the people Luffy is meant to take down. Funny that Oda never has Shanks mention Blackbeard, he cuts off the conversation before it starts.

We also need to stop powerscaling bounties. Shanks literally stopped Kaido and is regarded by Kaido as the "ceiling" by Kaido's own depiction with Luffy.

Stop underestimating Shanks. Literally nothing in this manga has painted him inferior to any other pirate.
whats there to underestimate
you dont like facts?

seems like you didnt read closely
I dont need to use bounties to powerscale
I am telling you if they have a bounties , luffy's major villains would have one higher than the prev one. circumstances where one had a bounty frozen are the only counterexamples but clearly not the case here.

"Shanks literally stopped Kaido and is regarded by Kaido as the "ceiling" by Kaido's own depiction with Luffy."
shanks and his crew stopped kaido and king
again another take without context

"No that doublespread implies he was WILLING to fight any of them, Blackbeard and Marines. Then Blackbeard walks away after he singles him out. Then Sengoku ends the war."

and he would get washed. you see how much it took to take down both kaido and big mom this arc who are undoubtedly a stronger force than him and his crew alone?
again the relevant part here is bb said its not time for them to fight yet.

I dont care about shanks being good or bad. there's a clear setup for blackbeard as the opposite for everything luffy stands for. He is growing he is part of the same worst generation, his island is based where xebec once ruled (another D that was roger's greates rival btw) , and imu has their bounty poster alongside an ancient weapon.
theres nothing else to spell out .

"I've never felt Blackbeard was meant to be THE endgame villain, it's just been assumed for years because of his powers and what he did to Luffy"

better claim to it than shanks
and you are right on one thing becoming the pk is one thing
the world government is another and shanks isnt one of the figures that stands atop that.
you have the gorosei and you have the marines . take the fanboy hat off.

This has nothing to do with me being a fanboy. I really don't stan any character. The reason I have my avatar and sig is because I got tired of explaining the concept to people, that's it. It goes away when the theory is validated or disproven.

My belief in Shanks being the endgame has to do with actual allusions in the story from Chapter 1 and weird/off things on how Oda has progressively depicted the character over time.

You can try to call me out on that shit, but the point still stands that Shanks is Oda's most consistently portrayed characters in this series since Chapter 1. He stops wars, talks to Gorosei, is amped to meet Luffy (and not in a way that has them shaking hands) and has literally the most egnimatic presence in the story (we have no idea what the fuck he wants). I have reasons to believe what I believe, not just "ME LIKE SHANKS, SHANKS STRONG, SHANKS BAD" mentality.