Did Kanjuro Kill Big Mom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think people need to wait until the see pics. Clearly most of the chapter is still their fight and based on what's shown, the art is probably decently climactic.

Glad I'm not one of those people that "needs" to feel like everything be in accordance to headcanon powerscaling or my brain can't enjoy a chapter

Seriously. This sounds like a good chapter to me. :akasalt:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
This forum is a dumpster fire. I like clowning and memeing on some stuff from the chapters as much as everyone. But it's pretty telling when the so called writing experts and people who care about quality of the manga spend hours having childish arguments over who is stronger than who, without even mentioning the part in the spoilers that talks about Zunisha and Joyboy, That is HUGE.
I mentioned it in passing lol
The Zunesha/Joy Boy/Momo scene was expected. If you keep up with the anime, every Momo scene gets extra care with OSTs and direction. It feels telegraphed. As if they've received instruction from Oda's team to highlight him on purpose.

Was just talking about this
Honestly, I have so much to say but no energy. It has nothing to do with powerscaling/meming tho.

I think the real sin is how uncreative Oda was with this fight. You have three of the most fluid and inspiring fruits out there — magnetism, Opi Opi and a Soul Fruit — and it comes down to a slugfest, constant kroom stabbings (they did get cool) and banal scrapmetal structures. I'm convinced anyone in this thread with an hour time limit could've made a meal aesthetically pleasing fight out of these fruits.

Narratively this fight might've held as much or less weight than King v. Zoro but should've been much better to read.
Oda has always sucked at drawing fights.

Big Mam will survive after this arc but she will never be the same. She will lose many years of her lifespan and she will be like old Garp/Whitebeard/Sengoku/Ray. Far away from her prime..

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Honestly, I think people need to wait until the see pics. Clearly most of the chapter is still their fight and based on what's shown, the art is probably decently climactic.

Glad I'm not one of those people that "needs" to feel like everything be in accordance to headcanon powerscaling or my brain can't enjoy a chapter

What's your take on the reveal of Zuneshia being Joy Boy's nakama? I'm interested in what you think here.
:zorothink:

It’s a good chapter for all Kidd Law BM fans. Kidd and Law get their W, Linlin implied to return in the future as potential threat once again. And for OP lore fans too. :steef:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I think the real sin is how uncreative Oda was with this fight. You have three of the most fluid and inspiring fruits out there — magnetism, Opi Opi and a Soul Fruit — and it comes down to a slugfest, constant kroom stabbings (they did get cool) and banal scrapmetal structures. I'm convinced anyone in this thread with an hour time limit could've made a meal aesthetically pleasing fight out of these fruits.

Narratively this fight might've held as much or less weight than King v. Zoro but should've been much better to read.
Oda was creative to some extent with Law. His awakening was awesome.

It's clear to me that Oda nerfed BM and didn't want her to go all out thus the reason why she fought like this

I am more disappointed with kidd. Most of his attacks were just bigger version of his usual attacks. Only at the end he fired electromagnetic gun.

His df feels like totally underwhelming especially awakening.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Told you not to wear the avy lmao

OT - Law is clearly the mvp of this fight. His attacks were clearly portrayed more damaging than kidd

And, BM isn't even done. She is coming back.

BM is here to stay with us forever:josad:
I took the bet knowing Big Mom wouldn't be out of the story of course. I knew Law and Kid will just put her out of commission temporarily. That's what I meant by her "defeat". So, in my case, I count Big Mom as "defeated".

The bet was on a specific chapter number, and I thought that was a long shot. Turns out Pantheos lucked it out lol

For others, I think it's fair not to count this as a Pantheos W if they took the bet on Big Mom being out for good. I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.