Did Kanjuro Kill Big Mom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
This is actually a legit possibility coz why else would she leave Wano otherwise. Honestly I hope Blackbeard makes an appearance or sumin to make her retreat. Think we’ve all had more than enough Linlin plot convenience for one arc💀 . Would only make the thought of her appearing on Elbaf even more depressing:catcry:
Linlin's arc is incomplete. That includes all aspects. Her family, psychology, fate, etc... SO whether you enjoy it or not, that side of her needs closure.

I thought Weevil and Blackbeard would've been on Wano already. Now not sure if they'll even make it lol

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
No that doesn’t make sense, O-lin is permanently coming back. She even had her flashback of Roger, and Oda did show her full capabilities except showing aCoC on screen. The bombs are just a flashy nail in the coffin similar to how Luffy ends fights (Enel punched through a bell, Croc punched through bedrock, etc)
Her having flashback of roger doesn't equate to anything.

Her being O-lin doesn't serve any purpose in story.

But her being as antagonist does because WCI is unresolved.

Everyone having a go at Midd and saying dumb shit like Lanji > Midd but no one is talking about how a completely fucked up Izo is taking on 2 CP-0 agents, weren't these guys supposed to be cannon fodder for the sneaking cook, is he doing anything at all after fainting against Queen? :saden:

No disrespect, some of y'all really had way too many expectations from Kid in this fight:

• Not only is he not a Straw Hat, but he's also been mostly irrelevant in the story until this point
    • Unlike Law, he has not gotten much character focus at all nor has he been traveling alongside the Straw Hats for several arcs
    • Law had a connection to Doflamingo, the main villain, in DR which set up his whole backstory and his place as a prominent character in the story...and he is a D.
  • The expectation for Kid to use ACoC in this fight is somewhat baffling
    • He has not even shown haki on-panel as far as I'm aware
    • He already got a DF awakening, something Luffy does not even have yet. For him to get awakening on top of the same exact PU that Oda gave to Luffy, when he isn't even part of the main cast, is crazy
    • ACoC also seems to require knowledge of Ryuo principles/CoA emission. If Kid suddenly found out how to use ACoC, it would be significantly more of an asspull than Luffy's or Zoro's usage which have already received heavy complaints
  • It made zero sense to expect Kid to outright 1v1 Big Mom when there was no clear portrayal or indication that he had more of a role in the fight than Law

You finally accepted that Yamato is going to join the crew. :cheers:
yes she can. However , we are limited time. Yamato is not deep character . Why do we need to want Yamato ? To add one more fight ? we have already seen , more fight does not mean quality . Moreover , whoever attend SHs , the three of strongest people of next arc will be taken by monster trio again like ummmmmm 20 years :)

Big Mom won’t be O Lin but I bet she retires once she gets her closure on elbaf. She likely chases Luffy and Co to get her revenge but learns what happened to Mother Carmel and who she really was and changes her mind somehow
Post automatically merged:

Luffy isn't losing again.
The victory cry is a Chekhov’s gun and Luffy usually suffers a setback right after the final fights before his.

I’m pretty sure he does

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Her being O-lin serves the purpose of getting her monsteous ass out of the final war without the need for killing her
You don't need to kill her.

But, You need to give proper resolution to her story.

She deserves it after being on panel for years.

She can turned to o-lin after her plot is resolved but not now

No disrespect, some of y'all really had way too many expectations from Kid in this fight:

• Not only is he not a Straw Hat, but he's also been mostly irrelevant in the story until this point
    • Unlike Law, he has not gotten much character focus at all nor has he been traveling alongside the Straw Hats for several arcs
    • Law had a connection to Doflamingo, the main villain, in DR which set up his whole backstory and his place as a prominent character in the story...and he is a D.
    • He already got a DF awakening, something Luffy does not even have yet. For him to get awakening on top of the same exact PU that Oda gave to Luffy, when he isn't even part of the main cast, is crazy
    • ACoC also seems to require knowledge of Ryuo principles/CoA emission. If Kid suddenly found out how to use ACoC, it would be significantly more of an asspull than Luffy's or Zoro's usage which have already received heavy complaints
  • It made zero sense to expect Kid to outright 1v1 Big Mom when there was no clear portrayal or indication that he had more of a role in the fight than Law
The expectations were reasonable. The fight is an important one...and we are given bits of information..but never used....like whats the point of giving Kid CoC at all?

who cares if law and kid got a small boost from yamatos bombs and the fire spirit vs a basically fresh big mom

luffy is getting a boost from scabbards, zoro, law, killer, kid, "even mountains can be worn down by rain" etc. it evens out imo
Yeah but it does kill the awakening = coc agenda which is good enough for me

Nah...oda proved he doesn't have to use Haki to defeat someone strong...he just needs a new attack :kayneshrug:
no this proves nothing because if you see oda nerfed her by not using haki to defend. If she used her haki do you really think law and kidd is able to use their awakening as they pleases. I think her haki is strong heck even comparable to kaido which luffy has trouble dealing even with his strong haki. So yes i agree with you that kidd and law did not use haki. But even if they use haki .Do you really think kidd and law have haki comparable to bigmom?. Admirals are able go against and hold on because they have both haki and awakenings of their OP fruits.

who cares if law and kid got a small boost from yamatos bombs and the fire spirit vs a basically fresh big mom

luffy is getting a boost from scabbards, zoro, law, killer, kid, "even mountains can be worn down by rain" etc. it evens out imo
not to mention she was fresh at the start of the fight while kid and law weren’t, and she has the ability to heal herself. The bombs are just for dramatic effect

Its not might fault when Oda practically said that he always had big plans for Kid. I thought he'd be important now because Law was important in dressrosa whereas Kid still hadn't got his arc. And it made more sense for Kid to have ACoC than yamato.

The expectations were reasonable. The fight is an important one...and we are given bits of information..but never used.
It genuinely was not reasonable to think he would use ACoC on top of awakening and take all the spotlight by getting a 1v1.

To be disappointed with how he was handled is one thing, but to be disappointed because those things in particular did not happen is what was bound to happen
Post automatically merged:

Its not might fault when Oda practically said that he always had big plans for Kid. I thought he'd be important now because Law was important in dressrosa whereas Kid still hadn't got his arc. And it made more sense for Kid to have ACoC than yamato.
Kid hasn't even shown any haki usage though...we don't have the details on how Yamato learned all her shit but it kinda makes sense considering her father is Kaido

Status
Not open for further replies.