Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mistake people make is thinking Big Mom is a fighter, she isn't. She's just some overgrown child that was naturally a top tier. She hasn't honed a single one of her weapons to perfection, she's not efficient in battle, that's what Oda is trying to portray for quite some time now. Her natural stats carry her, and that's fine that's how she's made to be, her ability to absorb damage is insane, but that one thing alone can't gift you victories against other top tiers. We sometimes forget this isn't an organized boxing arena, Big Mom has proven she's a top tier and that's good enough, she doesn't have to be able to defeat the other top tiers.

It's a very different take from the Admirals who are well oiled killing machines, built /trained for battle.
This is a pretty interesting take, I just think Oda doesn't do a good job at portraying this when he allows her to fight equally with Kaido (a fighter) for three days straight.

what's always been so great about big mom and kaido esp offensively has always been their physical strength
which is why acoc works so well with the way kaido fights
amplifying his physical attacks to something even more devastating.

i just cant understand why big mom would defer to her homies so much
ikkoku coated with coc would have been something to bite on .
its like kaido using boro breath and destructive winds and not his club
misery was a waste of time
reminiscent of king's flame dragon
did absolutely fuckall.

big mom's endurance tho and durability/toughness is really something.

glad the fight is over tho
law and kidd should get their deserved massive bounty bumps/recognition at the end of the arc

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
what's always been so great about big mom and kaido esp offensively has always been their physical strength

did absolutely fuckall.

law and kidd should get their deserved massive bounty bumps/recognition at the end of the arc
Kidds bounty should get lowered

I didn’t like this chapter. I don’t like this fight, but last week at least had some cool fighting and big attacks to make up for that. This week has instead went dialled right back on that, diminished their efforts last week with Big Mom’s recovery and ended with, tbh, a whimper.

One thing- Law using Cora’s skills. Most probable answer- bullshit powers as the plot needed. A more interesting theory- all D’s can to an extent absorb the powers of a DF user if they are near them when they die. Luffy’s used fire attacks- his Red stuff- only after Ace, Blackbeard has Whitebeard’s fruit, now Law can use Cora’s abilities.

But most likely just asspulling.

Avoided the grim reaper speculation cause I don’t have a clue where Oda’s going with it, but one thing is clear, Zoro’s way more fucked up now. We’ll see if he’s caught.

Looks like the entire bomb plot can now be put next to Zoro hunting antibodies as just a huge stalling waste of time to keep a character busy.

Big Mom will be back. Probably as Olin. Potentially the worse route that Oda could have went with this? I wanted them to be unable to beat her but use a cunning plan to get rid of her, others wanted them to outright beat her, instead they just damage her and fluke their way to a victory thanks to a bomb they know nothing about. Big Mom has to complain about Roger as her probable last words as a villain because she has zero connection with Kid and Law. Pretty shit state of affairs all round.

At least I like Void Century lore drops.

Think my fake spoilers were better

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
This is a pretty interesting take, I just think Oda doesn't do a good job at portraying this when he allows her to fight equally with Kaido (a fighter) for three days straight.
I take those offpanel events with a grain of salt, it's just Oda telling us both are top tiers, both are Yonkou. On panel is when he fleshes out what they are as fighters.

did absolutely fuckall.

Because, she's not nearly as fast or as skilled as Kaidou in CQC. Whether it's because she relied too much on her homies to train in those departments or simply needs them because she can't excel in those departments, either way she wouldn't find much use with advCoC. Her homies allow her to land attacks on characters effortlessly, without them she barely has a shot at landing anything. Don't let a single page against an off guard giant target fool you, that's not Big Mom's fighting style for a reason.

I didn’t like this chapter. I don’t like this fight, but last week at least had some cool fighting and big attacks to make up for that. This week has instead went dialled right back on that, diminished their efforts last week with Big Mom’s recovery and ended with, tbh, a whimper.

One thing- Law using Cora’s skills. Most probable answer- bullshit powers as the plot needed. A more interesting theory- all D’s can to an extent absorb the powers of a DF user if they are near them when they die. Luffy’s used fire attacks- his Red stuff- only after Ace, Blackbeard has Whitebeard’s fruit, now Law can use Cora’s abilities.

But most likely just asspulling.

Avoided the grim reaper speculation cause I don’t have a clue where Oda’s going with it, but one thing is clear, Zoro’s way more fucked up now. We’ll see if he’s caught.

Looks like the entire bomb plot can now be put next to Zoro hunting antibodies as just a huge stalling waste of time to keep a character busy.

Big Mom will be back. Probably as Olin. Potentially the worse route that Oda could have went with this? I wanted them to be unable to beat her but use a cunning plan to get rid of her, others wanted them to outright beat her, instead they just damage her and fluke their way to a victory thanks to a bomb they know nothing about. Big Mom has to complain about Roger as her probable last words as a villain because she has zero connection with Kid and Law. Pretty shit state of affairs all round.

At least I like Void Century lore drops.

Think my fake spoilers were better
Oda nerf her on purpose
She wasnt supposed to be In wano original draft

Her character ends at Elbaf tho

Status
Not open for further replies.