What's the gorosei shitting themselves about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in general OP is losing more and more attractiveness.

One has to look at the sellings , Oda is too disconnected I feel.
I just want to be over ngl.
I don't understand what's going on I don't recognize One Piece anymore since the timeskip a lot of things have changed. I feel like Luffy got dumber, Zoro a fan service character.

Bad guys aren't scary anymore.

The spirit of adventure is gone and there is no tension. Compared to SNK it's totally different and I'm only on SNK anime season 2. That is to say.

You still love One Piece just as much as before ?
I think it's in large part because Oda's flaws have caught up with him and us with him failing to renew his story and formula, using the same plot tools of PIS and plot armor to help the Straw Hats and their allies but in too strong and too often and his overuse of secondary plot and characters who are boring or cringeworthy, as well as his horrible use of female characters with his treatment of Big Mom being the ultimate example of it.

I have been feeling the same, the manga has certainely declined and lost of its charm, though I'd say that Whole Cake Island may have been the beggining, at least the prelude of it.
After Dressrosa, it's the downward slope. When will there be real arcs like Skypea, Impel Down, Amazon Lily, Enies Lobby or Thriller Back? I think it's over, One Piece has become a total marketing product.

I'm not going to lie it's been a while since One Piece appealed to me. I'm really starting to lose interest with the manga.

I don't know what happens before One Piece since the Onigashima raid. There's too much ease, inconsistencies, slowness and hype for nothing. One Piece is no longer what it was before the timeskip.
Also Oda has flanderized the Straw Hat Pirates both in terms of personality and story, make the antagonists non-threatening and nerfed with them being the underdogs instead of the Straw Hats and their allies, with no tensions or stakes anymore, and he also made Luffy another messiah which is frankly annoying and the focus as you said isn't on adventure anymore.

I don't understand what's going on I don't recognize One Piece anymore since the timeskip a lot of things have changed. I feel like Luffy got dumber, Zoro a fan service character.

Bad guys aren't scary anymore.

The spirit of adventure is gone and there is no tension. Compared to SNK it's totally different and I'm only on SNK anime season 2. That is to say.
Well the adventure being over at some point always happens in Shonem.

Things must get serious ..the point is to find the balance to deliver pockets of story where some adventure is delivered.

Even Gintama got serious at some point.

I like how people hate the idea of Luffy havin a strong fruit when it was already the case since EB.
And it's not like there are like 1000 different scenes over 20 years where he did goofy ass stuff with his fruit. It's more than enough to justify Oda's way of thinking.
People exaggerate so much. What Oda meant with his message from back then is, that he did not intend to make Luffy an unbeatable force from the get go, like giving him the Goro Goro no mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.