Character Discussion One Piece fans that mocked Naruto for destiny bull shit look like clowns now

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
This is a bad take given current information.
  • Who's Who was punished severely for losing the Gomu Gomu no Mi.
  • The Gorosei implied that Luffy's Devil Fruit is legendary.
    • So legendary in fact that the World Government changed its name.

The Gomu Gomu no MI is likely a Top 10 Devil Fruit now.
Literally Katakuri's fruit which isn't even in the same class as the best fruits in this verse, was both narratively and featwise shown to be the superior version of Luffy's fruit.

Luffy being a chosen one is honestly fine. One piece was never about hard work or anything.

The problem is that one piece is about freedom, found family, and inherited will, but Oda is moving in the direction that luffy's dreams/achievements/personality stem from the fact that he is a literal reincarnation of someone else which basically just shits all over all 3 of these themes.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
When it was revealed that Naruto was a reincarnation of Ashura, and everything he’d done had been pre-destined, people lost their fucking minds.

“What happened to themes of willpower and effort overcoming adversary?!!”

“The appeal of Naruto being a protagonist who overcame more powerful antagonists with creativity and effort is ruined!!”

Does any of this sound familiar?

It should, because what happened with Naruto’s character is literally happening to Luffy before our very eyes.

For an entire decade, One Piece fans have shit on Naruto for the MC becoming a tool of destiny.

This is a bruh moment of epic proportions.
:ihaha:
You should at least credit me alongside you. I've been talking about this shit ever since I registered on this forum.

"Kishimoto deserves an apology from One Piece fans" was more than loud spoken by me.

Anyone who thinks One Piece is better than Naruto, is lying to themselves. Naruto is objectively better than One Piece. Naruto has better character development, better plot, better main characters, better secondary characters, better story progression, better setting, better themes, list goes on. Almost every criteria Naruto is better at except for maybe world building however One Piece hasn't had a world building arc the entire post time skip except for maybe the 3 chapters of the Reverie.

In regards to the destiny theme, I don't mind it only if the author handles it well. If the author continues to force feed us the destiny thing then yes it is annoying. Oda dreams about Luffy in his sleep so he is definitely going to continue to force feed us his destiny theme. Oda loves to add unnecessary shit to his story. Kaido wasn't enough so let us bring in Big Mom. But why Oda? Kaido and Big Mom threat wasn't enough so let us have Kaido drop a massive island onto Wano. But why Oda? Kaido and Big Mom and a massive island dropping isn't enough so let us create a bomb subplot. But why Oda? Kaido and Big Mom and a massive island dropping and a bomb subplot isn't enough so let us create World government coming over. But why Oda? The destiny theme is only going to get worse from here on out.

That's entirely subjective, I think Bleach is just as good as Naruto or One Piece and One Piece specifically as of late has definitely dropped from what it once was
Why are we talking about those three btw?

If we only want to talk about actual storywriting (!) HxH beats all three of them with both eyes closed and one arm tied on the back.

It's such a shame that Togashi has those insane health issues.