Character Discussion One Piece fans that mocked Naruto for destiny bull shit look like clowns now

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
Bro I didn't knew there was some kind of a destiny in Naruto... Tho I watched Naruto and shippuden, I read the manga but it was so long ago that I might just forgot that cuz I didn't found even once that thing in it. Just a kid who got into good terms with his demon and said „Let's beat those assholes!" and „SASUKE COME BACK YOU COWARD I miss you bro :(" Which is bonkers and funny.

Tho IDK where you people find those guys who say such bullshit all the time :luffywat:

The difference between One Piece and Naruto is that One Piece told you from the very beginning that Destiny was going to play a large roll in the overarching theme of the series.

Naruto spent 10 years hammering into everyone's head that you need to fight against Destiny, and you don't need to be special to achieve great things, only for Kishimoto to go "FUCKING GOTCHA!".

Kagu Nyan

✨✨✨Hibernation mode on 🎵 ✨✨✨
?

He did choose his own fate...he chose to die to protect Naruto.

And Naruto also broke the cycle of the Indra/Ashura reincarnates battling endlessly because he resolved things with Sasuke, which directly goes against what his "fate" was supposed to be
Are you sure it was the fate Neji chose or Kishi chose to off a character like him with literally no developments in entirely the second half of the series? No new power ups, no new techniques, no development whatsoever except adding to the band of his cheerleaders. Infact Kishimoto himself admitted that Neji was killed off because he had nothing better to do with him and he was used to strengthen the relation between Naruto and Hinata.

Are you sure it was the fate Neji chose or Kishi chose to off a character like him with literally no developments in entirely the second half of the series? No new power ups, no new techniques, no development whatsoever except adding to the band of his cheerleaders. Infact Kishimoto himself admitted that Neji was killed off because he had nothing better to do with him and he was used to strengthen the relation between Naruto and Hinata.
What does that have to do with your original point though? You were implying that Neji's death contradicted the whole "choose your own fate" thing but it didn't. Even if Kishimoto's reasons for killing Neji were stupid, the in-universe outcome didn't override Neji's past development

If anything it confirmed it

The difference between One Piece and Naruto is that One Piece told you from the very beginning that Destiny was going to play a large roll in the overarching theme of the series.

Naruto spent 10 years hammering into everyone's head that you need to fight against Destiny, and you don't need to be special to achieve great things, only for Kishimoto to go "FUCKING GOTCHA!".
This is fair. There is definitely more emphasis in Naruto.

Although I would argue that some of the novelty and charm of One Piece is lost imo if it turns out that Luffy had the Jesus fruit all along and not the condom one.

No one piece did not tell you at the beginning that the destiny would play a huge factor. One piece was a manga about people realizing their dreams and friendship. One piece now is about incestuous throne wars and a main character that does not care. Naruto had an essence One piece is a sellout

No one piece did not tell you at the beginning that the destiny would play a huge factor. One piece was a manga about people realizing their dreams and friendship. One piece now is about incestuous throne wars and a main character that does not care. Naruto had an essence One piece is a sellout
"Inherited Will" "The Man Who Roger is waiting for" Whitebeards speech in Marineford....

Yeah... It's been there from the beginning.... Don't pretend like that shit was supposed to mean anything else that what it does.

Kagu Nyan

What does that have to do with your original point though? You were implying that Neji's death contradicted the whole "choose your own fate" thing but it didn't. Even if Kishimoto's reasons for killing Neji were stupid, the in-universe outcome didn't override Neji's past development

If anything it confirmed it
My point is that the contradiction is clear. Changing fate is bullshit. The fate has been decided by the author.
Also is my memory serves me right, Hinata was also present when Neji was trying to shield the attacks of the ten tails. So it's not really changing fate when you are still doing the same thing - protecting the main branch.

My point is that the contradiction is clear. Changing fate is bullshit. The fate has been decided by the author.
Also is my memory serves me right, Hinata was also present when Neji was trying to shield the attacks of the ten tails. So it's not really changing fate when you are still doing the same thing - protecting the main branch.
You are mistaking changing fate with freedom of choice. If you believe in freedom of choice naruto chose to train hard and struggle,naruto fought hard ,naruto was kind etc. In the other hand luffy does not care and chooses nothing while is expected to be a god and a king. Seriously get a grip

But it was about a kid with a bizzare fruit overcoming overwhelming adversity through creativity. We have literally multiple indications of that being the case from Oda.

Well that’s a joke now.
Oda implied on chapter 1 that Luffy was reincarnation of Roger. This was our start.

That bullshit of creativity and bizzare fruit is fan made. Luffy DF was OP since beginning. Being immune to normal attacks, bullets and cannon balls is one of the best powers anyone would want it.

Kagu Nyan

You are mistaking changing fate with freedom of choice. If you believe in freedom of choice naruto chose to train hard and struggle,naruto fought hard ,naruto was kind etc. In the other hand luffy does not care and chooses nothing while is expected to be a god and a king. Seriously get a grip
What makes you think Luffy doesn't train? What has he been doing two years during the time skip? What did he do in Udon prison?

It's not like Luffy has a broken ability which makes him invincible. He also does his part of grind.

"The Pirates who Roger has been waiting for" literally mentioned by Crocus during the Twin Capes.
There are fundamental differences between naruto and luffy as main characters.

Naruto's path is correspondent to his destiny. The part that is troubling is not the part that they have a destiny but the part that is it correspondent with their character.

In luffys character it is not because most of that destiny is carried by narration a.k.a filler. That amount of filler is hurting the story that it once was about dreams and nakamas. I can go on and on about it but I will not.

Accept it oda is milking his manga for profit.

What makes you think Luffy doesn't train? What has he been doing two years during the time skip? What did he do in Udon prison?

It's not like Luffy has a broken ability which makes him invincible. He also does his part of grind.
Stages of grief - Stage 1 denial

80% of the comments are just dumb.....they have selective amnesia or just started reading since wano....the chosen one thing is way exaggerated by the dumb fandom here....creating scenarios out of their asses to justify their dumb agendas....