General & Others Overall Which Fight was Better? Zoro Vs King or Luffy Vs Katakuri?

Which Fight was Better?

• Total voters
it did
Because of Enma telling Zoro to stop being a bitch
Zoro unleashed all his Haki
Enma is the reason Zoro needs to hold himself back.

Your headcannon clearly doesn't know that haki unleashes and blooms during extreme situations like Hakai. That moment was pretty much where Zoro unleashed ACoC and used against Kaido with Ashura. No Enma related, extreme situation only.

I have my issues with Luffy vs Katakuri (Luffy withstanding tons of punishment for literal hours when outclassed greatly, Brule being there for him to take a break) but it's still one of, if not, the best One Piece fight(s). Katakuri was great, the action itself was fantastic, at key moments early on things looked desperate for Luffy with Kata outclassing him with his own version of Luffy's moves and Snakeman was amazing. Plus, it has some of my favourite panels in the manga (Kata on his back with Luffy standing above him was so satisfying).

Zoro vs King is a really good fight (I wouldn't place it as Zoro's best but it's up there for sure). King was good, him dominating Zoro was surprising and exciting and Zoro figuring out King's weakness and dominating King was wonderful.

I'd give it to Luffy vs Katakuri anyday of the week. Only fights I feel compare are Luffy vs Lucci and a few other pre-timeskip fights from the Monster Trio.

He struggled more than he should for someone that was suppose to win that fight.

Zoro only struggled because of King's hax and Enma nerf. Which makes sense once he understand the hax and Enma is not nerfing him that much(he still got tired faster than should) to low diff King.

Unlike Luffy that understood Katakuri, learned FS(but didn't used at the end) just to get hit multiple times, fail to outspeed Katakuri got knocked out first, stood up after Katakuri and got free pass to ran away from BM's territory. Not only that but Katakuri went down by just a few hits while King was tanking rounds of Marco then tanked a lot of Zoro's strongest attacks and also 1 or 2 ACoC attack of him(flames off).
We are not discussing who fought better,the question asked was which fight was more exciting.I liked the Katakuri fight more.

Zoro vs King fight is definitely more entertaining fight between the two. I personally prefer that approach Oda went with, but it is short-lived. Usually the antagonist wait a bit before getting serious, but not King. perfect challenger for someone like Zoro, but for King to shine that bright versus Zoro, was like Kaido also had a "zoro", and he's a God from legend. King fighting style is very versatile, where he constantly use everything he has to offer to get the job done. He was still confident when zoro unlocked acoc(king>yamato)

Luffy vs Katakuri is a great fight, and I would say it's the best choreographed out of the two, but there are two reasons why it falls short for me: plot armor, and pacing.

Katakuri nerfed himself because his family interfered, but I dnt understand, that's what it means to have home advantage. :nicagesmile:Oda wrote himself in a corner, because Katakuri had everything to win that fight, but instead choose to lose. Idk about that...

The fight pacing was an issue for me. The fight lasted too long.. Luffy running away from Katakuri, after running out of haki, was a drag reading thru that.

Zoro vs King edges them out. I watch fights to be entertained, and I enjoyed every moment with zoro overcoming his struggle, to becoming the KOH.
:ace:

Last edited:
King vs Zoro start pretty good and even had a great good battle, one of the best for Zoro and for me the number one in wano so far.
But it had few let downs...
First: It end to fast, both Zoro and King deserve a longer and better battle.

Second: King not having CoC and awakening was one of the biggest nonsense of Oda ever, especially when Zoro had adv CoC, we could have such a good CoC clash but nope Oda rushed it, also as firstmate and someone with 1.39B bounty and 47age old, awakening should be given.

Third: The story around King weakeness was too waste, overall the face and the whole background story feel so lackluster afterr Queen hyped up in his own battle. I want to see more of the character King, he kinda end with very short paneltime, Queen and Jack had their own arcs. Again waste of potential.

Last Point: Fight end to fast as said, the worst part, when Zoro learn his adv CoC, he kinda defeat King very fast, his weakeness was not even a point anymore, it felt like King was not a match for adv Zoro. I wish that after Zoro cut him with adv CoC, that King found answer to Zoro adv CoC but he didnĀ“t, in the moment when Zoro had adv CoC, it was over for King... It was to one side battle in the endphase and I kinda dislike fights where the Hero just need a powerup to be able to overpowering the villian pretty easily...

And in compare to above, Katakuri vs Luffy had all these what I dislike about King vs Zoro.

First: Katakuri vs Luffy was a long battle, great build up and lot of twists, Katakuri became a fandom top OP character.

Second: Katakuri had anything, he was destroying Luffy for 15chapters, he had strong CoA, he had future sight(adv CoO), at top he had CoC and even a great awakened power, also he could used his weapon prefectly, he was overall the monster allround fighter.
What I wish for King(Like CoC+Awakening), all these had Katakuri in his battle.

Third: Katakuri weakeness was a major part, had 2chapters for us reader to understand it, Oda build up it very slowly and good, not rushed it and even when his weakeness was exposed, Katakuri pretty much find very fast a answer, he didnĀ“t let his emotions controll him, a reason why G4 was pummeled. King couldnĀ“t do it, Zoro even state it and show that King was actually nervous and scared about Zoro finding out his weakeness. Katakuri was shown as perfect fighter, while with King I feel it like he was scared and lose the controll of the battle.

Last: Even when Luffy had his powerups(Future sight and G4 Snakeman), he couldnĀ“t controll and beat Katakurii easily like Zoro did with King. Katakuri directly understand Luffy power, he directly found a counter and perfectly fight back. For the firsttime finally a Villian wasnĀ“t trashed in the moment when someone got a powerup. Hell even with the powerup, Snakeman was pummeled, Katakuri had the upperhand. And the fight end in a way, which a villian in OP never got so far!! Both he and Luffy fall, he was still standing after Luffy finisher. Katakuri got so much love of Oda, I doubt any villian of the strawhats who arenĀ“t named as Luffy, will ever got such a threatment. A villian who was standing after the last attack of Luffy and even then got a epic portrayal.

In compare Katakuri vs Luffy was better then King vs Zoro, duo the reasons what I write above.
King vs Zoro had the potential to surpass Kata vs Luffy, but sadly Oda rushed it so he could make his volume count perfect...

King vs Zoro was in all honesty a low budget Luffy va Kata letā€™s be honest

No disrespect to the homie TAC cause ik how much he loves king but the whole ā€œI am the most serious and badass of the commandersā€, ā€œI have a cheap gimmick to where I canā€™t be hitā€ and ā€œI will kill anyone who seeā€™s my true faceā€ things are so lame and chiche+copy and pasted

King goes from piss diffing zoro the entirety of the fight just like Kata did Luffy only for Luffy and Zoro to get a flashback+plot induced power up to win

King legit is a dollar store Kata šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø and thatā€™s just that. It pales in comparison to the original, a completely rushed and sloppy flop

Luffy vs Kata wins no competition

Zoro vs King fight is definitely more entertaining fight between the two. I personally prefer that approach Oda went with, but it is short-lived. Usually the antagonist wait a bit before getting serious, but not King. perfect challenger for someone like Zoro, but for King to shine that bright versus Zoro, was like Kaido also had a "zoro", and he's a God from legend. King fighting style is very versatile, where he constantly use everything he has to offer to get the job done. He was still confident when zoro unlocked acoc(king>yamato)

Luffy vs Katakuri is a great fight, and I would say it's the best choreographed out of the two, but there are two reasons why it falls short for me: plot armor, and pacing.

Katakuri nerfed himself because his family interfered, but I dnt understand, that's what it means to have home advantage. :nicagesmile:Oda wrote himself in a corner, because Katakuri had everything to win that fight, but instead choose to lose. Idk about that...

The fight pacing was an issue for me. The fight lasted too long.. Luffy running away from Katakuri, after running out of haki, was a drag reading thru that.

Zoro vs King edges them out. I watch fights to be entertained, and I enjoyed every moment with zoro overcoming his struggle, to becoming the KOH.
:ace:
It was fucking shit. The Pis
Kata falling in love with luffy
The shit end where kata won but fell over for no reason
And the pathetic princess line at the end
Please come back for me
Don't even try
Kata did win the physical battle
Even after the fight Kata was still stronger

But Luffy won the mental battle. He had a reason to continue fighting, Kata didnā€™t so overall he lost

Both are Conquerors so when one loses the will to continue, it just means Luffyā€™s will was stronger
Post automatically merged:

Kat vs luffy was a fodder fightboth of them.would get KO if they near Z v K fight
Sanji would piss on Zoro and King fuck u mean?