Status
Not open for further replies.
Westerners dont understand humbleness, we value narcissism more than humbleness which is why a humble character like Oden who is willing to humiliate himself to save the innocent is seen in a bad light.
This forced West vs East cultural war again :seriously:
Oden is humble in a way.
And in another, he is not.

Oden thinks he is so great that he has to do everything by himself. He doesn't even allow the scabbards to know about what's going on during his deal with Orochi. He doesn't want them to join him in the raid on Orochi's castle.
He doesn't ask for help.

Oden bases his whole self-value and self-esteem on his capability to do everything by himself. He values his own strength too much.

G

Gorosei Informer

Monster Chopper vs Monster Kaido, the battle of the century! Like King Kong vs Godzilla! The battle to to be the King of the Beasts! The World's Strongest Creature/Monster!

:cheers:

And on that day, WorstGen forum received a grim reminder of how overwhelmingly long @Ghostly Reflections 's posts can be. (As if you guys need a "reminder" LMFAO!)

:doffyou::kailaugh:

I get what you're saying, but as an American, my perspective is that its a dog eat dog / cut throat world.
Especially since I worked at wall street. It's survival of ourselves first. Which is probably why I vehemently despised Oden.
The worst attitude on the planet here imo, sorry.
Defeat everyone else and then, what do you still have? You think you will survive?
No, you won't survive.
You will die like everyone else and nothing will be left of you.

This attitude of yours is self-destructive and meaningless and you should try to change it.
If it takes a Japanese children's comic to make you realize that we don't live in a '''dog eats dog'' world, then Oda's manga served a purpose.
Try to learn from other cultures and be open for what they can show you.
Maybe it's something you're been missing and been looking for all along, without even knowing.

Oden is humble in a way.

Oden thinks he is so great that he has to do everything by himself. He doesn't even allow the scabbards to know about what's going on during his deal with Orochi. He doesn't want them to join him in the raid on Orochi's castle.
He doesn't ask for help.

Oden bases his whole self-value and self-esteem on his capability to do everything by himself. He values his own strength too much.
I think it's because he blamed himself for not saving the country earlier but instead wanted to follow his dream of quitting the country and explore new worlds. He wanted a time where he could forget his responsabilities as a lord and sail the seas. It's even represented in the famous scene of him supporting the scabbards on his back while he was boiled.

Oden is humble in a way.

He doesn't ask for help.

Lol pero is a westerner tho
Post automatically merged:

The worst attitude on the planet here imo, sorry.
Defeat everyone else and then, what do you still have? You think you will survive?
No, you won't survive.
You will die like everyone else and nothing will be left of you.

This attitude of yours is self-destructive and meaningless and you should try to change it.
If it takes a Japanese children's comic to make you realize that we don't live in a '''dog eats dog'' world, then Oda's manga served a purpose.
Try to learn from other cultures and be open for what they can show you.
Maybe it's something you're been missing and been looking for all along, without even knowing.
Real life isn't shounen.
There is no one to defeat.
Lol but Japanese culture is exactly that tho :milaugh:
The very reason they closed off the borders is because there was a force they couldnt defeat
Even within their borders theyve had internal strife that led to the defeat and subsequent death of their "light" in Oden

There's no counter argument. He's making an ad-hominem because he has nothing to say.

Luffy is a clown who has taken dozen of Ls and not a single W in this arc

Oda humiliates him in new ways, he keeps stating he'll do shit and proceed to fail every time :kobeha:
In Wano, Luffy has grown as a man and a leader: being an important mentor figure for Tama and Momo, being able to rally the samurai in Udon prison, listening to Oden's full backstory where he wouldn't care in the past, letting the Scabbards take action first etc. He's willingly taking on the burdens of an entire nation to fight not just a Yonko, but the strongest character in the series alone. Luffy taking multiple losses before achieving the all-important victory over the main villain is also nothing new, otherwise you should be calling Alabasta Luffy a loser too. This arc is also the first time Luffy got a fully-fleshed out "training arc", and he has achieved multiple powerups to propel him to the highest realm of power in the verse.

Now, do you have any real arguments as to why you think Luffy has been portrayed badly in Wano, besides losing multiple times to Kaido? If you don't, then I will continue to think of you as a moron and part of the reason why Worstgen gets such a bad rep.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
GIGANTIC ESSAY I KNOW AND APOLOGISE BUT I NEED TO VENT

Well said man, I can definitely relate to and understand your frustrations here. I genuinely appreciate how unapologetically honest you are and criticisms like these are a godsend for me to not feel so alone in them and "crazy".
I remember we got no Sanji for absolutely ages, several months or so? That was absolutely ridiculous of Oda.
Honestly if I didn't enjoy Queen so much as a character in general and Sanji didn't destroy but embraced the raid suit, I would be even more furious than I have been lately with this arc.

I completely agree with what you've said, it's so cathartic to see it honestly and I'm very grateful for it.

Depending on how next chapter goes, it will be the breaking point for me with OP. Never mind Shanks and Mihawk who I've waited well over a decade to see in their own arcs by now, OP is breaking me bad lately like I'm Walter White/Heisenberg or when Joker broke Batman finally. Not becoming homicidal ofc but more like the Broken Bird trope and just completely fucking fed up with Odas childish decisions and writing.

OP was much better imo when it was far less extreme, grander, convoluted, dragged out, bigger, oversaturated etc. It used to have the most wonderful spirit, charm, atmosphere, adventurousness (is that a word? Lol) or sense of adventure and such.

There is stuff I love post TS but it's far and few between even and I feel like Oda is punishing us instead most of the time.

It's ironic in a series all about ambition and success, that OP is getting crippled by its own over ambitions and success.

It probably makes me a hipster or whatever, but I still appreciate how much simpler and more grounded OP was early on/pre TS.

I've seen other series fall to over ambition and its hard to watch it happen to OP especially, my own personal favourite series growing up and becoming something I cannot recognise anymore.

OP feels so shallow ironically now, so soulless like it's trying too hard, trying too hard to be dramatic, shocking emotional, clever, complex etc.

It feels like a completely different series to me now, like how someone you know and especially love dearly changes and you don't know who they are anymore, there's just this uncomfortable emptiness and unfamiliarity and whatever you had with them is dwindling for dear life/by a string, feather or so or long gone.

Sorry to be so bleak, pessimistic, mood killing and such but Drizzt himself has said some certain Youtubers aren't happy with or less happier with OP for a long time now or at least lately. Outbursts and complaints by certain Youtubers here but especially on Twitter verify this too.
One certain big Youtuber admitted they exaggerate their reactions as expected and feel frustrated with OP.

I'll always feel like I'm trying to push a boulder up a hill to say and argue these points in the OP community, especially outside of here but posts and comments like yours help me massively.

I really wish OP wasn't being milked to absolute high hell and wasn't burdened by giving Dragonball, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail etc fans something to help make up for their series ending and thus focusing their attention on OP now.

I was a fan of Bleach, Naruto and FT and I watched all of them fall apart for their own reasons and it was painful, upsetting and difficult.

Now I feel OP and especially Oda ofc are far too burdened in many ways and affecting for it too. Between that and far too uncontrolled ambition/greed.

OP was always in a league of its own but its gotten to the point where the long hyped Yonkos and their arcs are extremely divisive and widely hated still. Wano, the most hyper arc of OP which was also gassed bybthe editors and such has turned out to be another Dressrosa for all the wrong reasons and dragging out far more than it did already.
I wanted to see Wano desperately since Thriller Bark was airing. Now I want it long gone and to never see/read/visit again. More so than any other arc before. How the hell did that happen?!

I look at Okami and I see the wasted potential of Wano and OP and it infuriates me. No way in hell I could ever claim to write or do better than Oda, not even remotely close probably but it's tearing me apart to see the current state of OP.

People can call me a hater if they like and as they've done before but ironically they're ignoring my arguments and judging me at a surface level, just like they claim i do to OP.

They have no godamn idea how much I lived, breathed, worshipped this series for many years and I feel somehow I'm also responsible for wanting so much more out of it and from Oda too. After all, isn't Oda also trying to fulfil the overwhelming expectations of his fanbase and try to recapture lightning in a bottle as he did before, to repeat the meteoric rose and success he accomplished before and or maintain it at least?

Champions stagnate, get cock and vulnerable to newer, hungrier, more youthful/full of life underdogs and that's that's I feel has happened to OP for years now.

These are all just my opinions ofc and I don't expect anyone to read this mega essay too but I really needed to vent so much.

Some certain people convinced me to stay and give the next chapter and Luffy a chance, to still have faith in Oda but we'll see.

If we get a raid failing or a confirmed loss for Luffy at least, I'll genuinely quit this series, not even take that long break I was saying I would lately, I will just absolutely quit and never look back again.

I can't tolerate Odas BS anymore. He's won over me at least and anyone else who has already given up on and abandoned OP. I'm also dangling by a thread and depending on next chapter, I'll either cut that thread myself and fall and move on with my life or I'll climb back up regretfully and continue this rollercoaster of abuse by Oda.

Pre TS may have had similar flaws to post TS ofc but it was far more enjoyable, charming, entertaining, easier to follow and digest and so on.

It's like how I prefer simpler games and movies to more complex, layered and time investment needed games, movies, series etc.

I really miss the spirit pre TS OP had. I could do a massive post or and video on why the timeskip and FMI arc caused me so much despair, anguish, frustration and such and maybe I will soon.

I know if do a video like this though, the OP youtube community will cause at least a figurative blood hunt on me though.

Can't wait for the posters who also spend considerable time on here ironically to say, "just drop the series/stop reading bro", "its not that serious", "touch grass", "muh Shonen manga/teenage boys demographic, muh Japanese cartoons, muh children's story, you're just a hater etc".
All actual insults I've seen on here and elsewhere plentifullly.

OP has some extremely tonal dissonance issues lately and it's driving me crazy too.
I would never say something as irresponsible as "give the rest of Wano a chance".
Honestly, just assume it's gonna be a "bread and butter disney shounen formula" and keep your expectations pointed towards the future arcs. That's what I've been doing for the last chapters and, to me, it worked wonders.
To be fair, OP reached this point due to Oda, for the better or worse. He's the proud author that doesn't like suggestions because "the story wouldn't be mine anymore". lol.
Dude's developed a narcissistic complex it it isn't even funny.
He hates when people criticize him due the women's bodies, so he double down on the aberrations he calls "women's bodies" that look like they have no internal organs due to lack of space.
He hates that people talked shit about Zoro, so he makes Zoro up until Wano a complete unidimensional character that just doesn't strive anymore and whose path to becoming strong was basically cheated out of our perspective due to the Time Skip.
He hates when people tell him to tone Sanji's pervert level down, so he goes PLUS ULTRA on the japanese sex offender gag like that Meliodas from 7 deadly sins.
Dude's on a pedestal and he tries to make people acknowledge it every chance he gets.
"I WANT TO DRAW USELESS AND BIZARRE GIFTERS THAT ADD NOTHING!" What about the readers? "FUCK THE READERS" is Oda's mentality.
Those letters of "thank you for sticking with Luffy and me" are more "Yes, keep worshipping me, you fucking maggots, and I, as a benevolent entity, might give your favorite character some feats as a treat."
The reasons I hate Wano have nothing to do with the theme itself, but the narrative decisions and how he conducts the story and characters throughout the arc.

I think it's because he blamed himself for not saving the country earlier but instead wanted to follow his dream of quitting the country and explore new worlds. He wanted a time where he could forget his responsabilities as a lord and sail the seas. It's even represented in the famous scene of him supporting the scabbards on his back while he was boiled.
Oden always valued his own ego too much. He had always been a larger than life personality. This is the whole point of his character.

Oden's travels laid the groundwork for the eventual liberation of Wano.
Albeit it might not have seemed that way during his time but rather the opposite.

Oden's seemingly selfish actions lead to the scabbards finally getting in a position where they can take action in their own right: gather necessary allies to make Wano's liberation a reality.

On the first look, Oden's behavior was responsible for Wano's misery.
On the second look, it was exactly the thing needed.

Orochi's and Kaido's rule is one thing. But the centuries-long 'winter' that Wano had been living in due to their isolation following the events of the void century would have never even gotten a chance of ending, had Oden not been the outlier that he was.

Oden's personality was special since the day he was born.
He was the accumulation of Wano's freedom spirit, and if you will 'pioneer' spirit, in an age that otherwise saw nothing but conforming, superstitious, hypocritical and spineless subordinate-type citizens.

Real life isn't shounen.
There is no one to defeat.
Lol but Japanese culture is exactly that tho :milaugh:
The very reason they closed off the borders is because there was a force they couldnt defeat
Even within their borders theyve had internal strife that led to the defeat and subsequent death of their "light" in Oden
Complete misinterpretation of my post but ok.
Some people can't be saved it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oden always valued his own ego too much. He had always been a larger than life personality. This is the whole point of his character.

Oden's travels laid the groundwork for the eventual liberation of Wano.
Albeit it might not have seemed that way during his time but rather the opposite.

Oden's seemingly selfish actions lead to the scabbards finally getting in a position where they can take action in their own right: gather necessary allies to make Wano's liberation a reality.

On the first look, Oden's behavior was responsible for Wano's misery.
On the second look, it was exactly the thing needed.

Orochi's and Kaido's rule is one thing. But the centuries-long 'winter' that Wano had been living in due to their isolation following the events of the void century would have never even gotten a chance of ending, had Oden not been the outlier that he was.

Oden's personality was special since the day he was born.
He was the accumulation of Wano's freedom spirit, and if you will 'pioneer' spirit, in an age that otherwise saw nothing but conforming, superstitious, hypocritical and spineless subordinate-type citizens.
Peak analysis:finally:

Status
Not open for further replies.