Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t think this arc could get any worse but it actually is:catcry:

You know what, Luffy being the messiah is whatever, he’s the main character, if Oda wants to go that route it’s what it is but this whole “he can’t die for whatever reason bcoz he’s the messiah" ting is so fcking ass. Like we know Luffy won’t die coz he’s the main character but it’s been shoved down our throats so much this arc that it’s getting a bit disgusting to be honest. Also not really liking the implication of the narrator’s box declaring Kaido as the winner in this bout btw Kaido and Luffy as there is a strong implication here that Luffy lost the fight but Joyboy wins against Kaido 🤮. Not even gonna get started on Luffy’s DF suddenly turning out to be the best ting since sliced bread:lawsigh:. Dude might actually turn out to be some kinda Logia the way tings are going.
Yeah even though I’m a Luffy fan. Did not like this revelation about Luffy being Joyboy (literally like reincarnation and his DF being suddenly special).

I don't mind the Chosen one plot I just want Oda to finish the story and this arc on a high note. Would have preferred if he had not gone down this path but the lore and story of One Piece is much richer and more important than that, so I'm not all to disappointed from this. The chapter was pretty great

What's the problem again with Luffy awakening his fruit and saving himself from near death?
Because pre TS we had shit like the random thunder on Loguetown saving him from Buggy and Imma tell you I much prefer this awakening stuff than that shit lol
Dragon saving him in Logtown (why the heck was he there to begim with?). Also, we saw with Enel its possible to restart the heart, just need some explaining from Oda

What's the problem again with Luffy awakening his fruit and saving himself from near death?
Because pre TS we had shit like the random thunder on Loguetown saving him from Buggy and Imma tell you I much prefer this awakening stuff than that shit lol
Those two situations are not at all comparable.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
This was a really good chapter. Great cliffhanger to leave on the break and plenty of cool character moments.

Kaido shows just how much of an ice cold mother fucker he is by heading to the live floor to start attacking the allies right away. This event alone has me really interested in how it will go down. The idea that this fight might include most if not all the allies on Onigashima is really exciting.

Kid and Law get a nice moment as they are ready to rumble despite being tired from their fight with Big Mom.

Mr. Go and his CP0 friend get an oddly touching moment as he accepts his fate as his friend pays his respects.

Yamato gets a really nice character moment as well showing her guts as she would rather die fighting than surrendering to Kaido. Really good moment to develop her more.

And of course, Carrot gets another panel and will also be involved in the event on the main floor. I'm really happy with that as it's been far too long since she's done something.
:stealthblack:

Status
Not open for further replies.