General & Others What is Oda's Best "New Luffy Form" Chapter?

Best New Form Chapter?

• Total voters
Diminishing returns but that's the nature of the beast.

I remember when almost every thread was wondering how they could break Tekkai. It went from thinking about a timeskip to thinking they'd adopt Rokushiki to a mix of that and grinding it out.

Which turned out to be partially right, but on another level starting from Luffy's "dame da." The spoilers of 388 hit just before my morning jog and I was so damn pumped. It was about halfway through junior year. There's really no way to beat that novelty and nostalgia

Diminishing returns but that's the nature of the beast.

I remember when almost every thread was wondering how they could break Tekkai. It went from thinking about a timeskip to thinking they'd adopt Rokushiki to a mix of that and grinding it out.

Which turned out to be partially right, but on another level starting from Luffy's "dame da." The spoilers of 388 hit just before my morning jog and I was so damn pumped. It was about halfway through junior year. There's really no way to beat that novelty and nostalgia
Wow Very interesting , a rare gem who read Enies lobby weekly. Sounds like people saw CP9 Kind of like how we saw Kaidos crew before the raid. Wondering how the strawhats we’re gonna beat them 1v1. Wondering How they would break the Ancient Zoan Durability

G2 was the best one cuz it introduced the possibilities of transformations into the series, which is something always hyped up in shouen mangas. My second choice would be G4 Boundman because it was one which was always hyped since the start of the timeskip.

H

Herrera95

G2 probably will never be outmatched. That was a whole new level of possibilities for One Piece we didn't had anything like that until G2. After that people could already expect G3, G4 and now G5.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
G2 was cool because it would feature a level of speed that was pretty neat in that moment of the series. Nothing like that had ever been spotted at the time so it felt extensively impressive until it was found out how slow Luffy stil was in the Big picture.