Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of a SCP entry where the SCP Foundation couldn't contain a Keter entity that was a little girl if she knew of her full reality warping potential. In order to keep her under their control the SCP Foundation gave the girl a made up story of her being some witch that can only utilize a select few powers so she herself can limit her own powers.

So what if Shanks immediately came up with the Gomu Gomu No Mi and it's properties so that kid Luffy limits himself and think that the stretching of his limbs was just the results of the Gomu Gomu No Mi and nothing more?

ZKK would have been better than this Popeye the Sailor Man

Luffy is a "Sailor" now, not a Pirate!

Woahhh, what a cool reference, Popeye was also a sailor, Luffy basically sail on seas, so Oda brilliantly refernced the legendary series here. He has been a big fan of Popeye, he was inspired by it in his childhood. Wooahhh I cant believe it, Oda you are a genius :myman:

look at his shirt , FoReShAdoWiNg

The way you describe it it DOES make a lot of sense.

I haven't seen many of the spoiler pics yet and I'm trying to avoid them until the chapter drops.
simply being able to change the environment into “rubber-like” is something that old animators used a lot as a gag for their characters. Oda trolled us again and people are not ready for this because they expected some badass power-up: literally oda stayed still till the end with the idea of drawing a goofy character that stretches and inflates. WOW

and the worst thing is that there are people who don’t understand how absurd it is. This is one of the greatest representations of freedom in any media, especially given the context in which it was made. And the author too is totally free to draw what he wants. I love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.