Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The World Government has always tried to get the "Gomu Gomu no Mi", but they have not been able to do it in 800 years.
So it’s an extremely high priority for the WG to get this fruit.

The Gorousei says that the "Gomu Gomu no Mi" is actually a Zoan-type fruit, and that its real name is "Hito Hito no Mi" (Human Human Fruit) Mythological-Model "Nika".
So the Gorosei know that Luffy has the fruit.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that if there’s no more context to these passages, then we literally have the biggest inconsistency in the entire story just staring us in the face.

I also think that even tho Admirals go out on missions they don't just blindly listen to the orders. Even with Akainu I doubt he would listen to Gorosei telling him to stalk some kids without killing them like let's be real.

Another point is them leaving arguably the strongest Devil Fruit in existence in fodder Who's Who arms like who the fuck does that?

Isn't this a contradiction btw? "Fruit has been running away for 800 years from us". Proceeds to give it under Who's Who.
But think about it. If the Fruit is supposed to be so special, they really can't make a big deal about it. People would start to ask questions. Like imagine if they sent Admirals to guard a single Devil Fruit. People are gonna start to wonder what the fuck is up. They were trying to keep it hidden from existence after all.

The World Government has always tried to get the "Gomu Gomu no Mi", but they have not been able to do it in 800 years.

The Gorousei says that the "Gomu Gomu no Mi" is actually a Zoan-type fruit, and that its real name is "Hito Hito no Mi" (Human Human Fruit) Mythological-Model "Nika".

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that if there’s no more context to these passages, then we literally have the biggest inconsistency in the entire story just staring us in the face.
Wait where's the inconsistency? They didn't know that the Gomu Gomu no Mi was Nika's fruit up until recent times it seems like

We have but Oda usually ties things up, for example, we need to know what was discussed during the Shanks/Gorosei meeting. I don't know if we will get everything in the near future but most of them I am pretty sure Oda will provide now if we will like it is a whole other story.

But think about it. If the Fruit is supposed to be so special, they really can't make a big deal about it. People would start to ask questions. Like imagine if they sent Admirals to guard a single Devil Fruit. People are gonna start to wonder what the fuck is up. They were trying to keep it hidden from existence after all.
This line of reasoning would be valid if Cypher Pol didn’t exist, and didn’t have agents massively stronger than arguably the entire pre timeskip crew.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
But like couldn't they keep it under a key in Imu's treasure room? I'm pretty sure Gorosei and Imu are not raided by enemies too often:pepeshit:

This line of reasoning would be valid if Cypher Pol didn’t exist, and didn’t have agents massively stronger than arguably the entire pre timeskip crew.
Again, the key here is to be low profile. Who's Who is no slouch by any means. Had it been anyone other than a Yonko who attacked him, he probably would have delivered the fruit to it's destination with no problems.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It was probably being transported to Mariejois when Who's Who was attacked by Shanks. And like I said, they were probably trying to be low profile, but that shit ended up backfiring.
What a coincidence that Shanks captured the fruit just when it was going to the Mariejois so they can hide it. I see you Oda:myman:

There is this other point as well that they couldn't kill Luffy otherwise the fruit would randomly reappear somewhere in the world and they would have lost track of it. If they choose to imprison him Dragon, Shanks and maybe even Whitebeard (with Ace's influence) could go to war against them.

And to me the Gorosei were sure the fruit was still in Shanks possession which is why they never took action against Luffy in the first place, they thought he just had a Gomu fruit because the Nika one was stolen by Shank's crew.

I also think that even tho Admirals go out on missions they don't just blindly listen to the orders. Even with Akainu I doubt he would listen to Gorosei telling him to stalk some kids without killing them like let's be real.

Another point is them leaving arguably the strongest Devil Fruit in existence in fodder Who's Who arms like who the fuck does that?

Isn't this a contradiction btw? "Fruit has been running away for 800 years from us". Proceeds to give it under Who's Who.
Shanks deceived WG once in the past by telling that its Gomu2 Fruit a useless rubber fruit, so WG put Whos Who to guard it. Knowing that, Shanks just stole it like taking a candy from a baby, and proceed to feign ignorance and put it in a flashy treasure chest, exactly in the same room as kid Luffy played, obviously luring the brat to eat that fruit.

Shanks playing Arrival-Style 4d Chess, intertwining past with future, confirmed.

Paper saying something might be weird as fuck oh God, Oda really fucked up big time:noo:
Lol, only if they don't explain why the Gorosei didn't go after Luffy prior to 1037.

But think about it, they were going after Robin until that chapter. Then something happened. Something made them realize that they needed to kill Luffy. Before this they knew Luffy was fighting Kaido (CP-0 did especially), but it was only after certain moment (Zunisha?) that it made them think they should kill Luffy. One of them even remarks "its impossible!" Indicating they never believed Luffys fruit was related to Nika. In 1041, they mention this was a rumor.

So something is definitely up here of the dialogue is this delibrate. But yes, it would be stupid for it to not be. So either this just because there is a lack of spoiler dialogue, or Oda is saving it for a later chapter because a he doesn't want to make obvious if someone (Shanks?) told them about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.