Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, you lack context. You don't know why it's happening. I'm not saying it's good that Oda did this without explaining, but there is a reason for it

Read the last 2 pages of 1037:

Entire goal was to capture Robin

Then a page later it's about Luffy.

Then in 1041 they tell the CP-0 guy to drop his goal for capturing Robin and go after Luffy:

Something caused them to go from Robin -> Luffy.

We do not know what that "Something" is.

Let's take a chill pill. Oda is notorious for this shit (delivering revelations without explanation as to how its possible)
This doesn’t seem like intentional or explicit hiding of key details for the reader to speculate, this just seems like incoherent storytelling. I could be wrong, but I’m chalking this up as an asspull until/unless Oda gives more info.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Once again, you lack context. You don't know why it's happening. I'm not saying it's good that Oda did this without explaining, but there is a reason for it

Then in 1041 they tell the CP-0 guy to drop his goal for capturing Robin and go after Luffy:

Let's take a chill pill. Oda is notorious for this shit (delivering revelations without explanation as to how its possible)
:josad::josad::josad::josad::josad: Mr. Go's panic hurts my heart

you are right ,it doesn't make sense
shanks telling them doesn't make sense either
they acknowledged the wg have been after the fruit for 800 years

but the answer is staring at you in the face ; Not sure you want that answer tho.
luffy's devil fruit being this important is starting to look like an adjustment oda made fairly recently likely as a solution to beating kaido.
It depends on what they know and when they knew it. The WG tried to get the fruit for 800 years. That doesn't mean the Gorosei knew it was the Nika fruit until someone told them about it.

Literally the call it a rumor and say it's impossible in 1037/1041.

Again. Something changed in 1037. In 2 pages they went from being focused on Robin to being focused on Luffy. You can see when they change goals. They literally call CP-0 and issue them a new order.

It's not a plothole, we don't know WHY they changed goals. We don't know what information they were fed or what they already knew. We simply just do not know

I know some people will hate this chapter, but I have to say
This is One Piece to its very core

I NEVER thought in a million years that Oda will make Kaido have an Enel face during the climax of his fight with Luffy...

I have to hand it to Oda for having big balls to not be afraid of fans in turning the fight into goofy way LOL

Luffy one one of the panels reminded me of Tom & Jerry scene

By the way.... the fact that Luffy turned the ground into rubber like is not scary.... it's the fact that he was able to return Boro breathe that it's scary...

Luffy in his rubber body was not able to return back attacks like fire.... usually rubber wouldn't be able to return back attacks like fire...

But now he can? that makes you think... what else can he bend and return back now?
Ice? magma? lightening? can he reflect attacks that are hard.

Gorosei are saying stuff like his powers allows him to fight the way he imagines.... that is some scary shit.... That means there is LITERALLY no boundaries to what he can do......
That means if he wanted.... he can do a Gear 3 the size of an entire planet....

And knowing Oda.... he has to put some restrictions on Luffy's power, otherwise, he is now a God among Yonko themselves... which is not farfetched to say cause that's what Gorosei are literally saying and that's why they preferred Kaido winning over Luffy awakening....

This doesn’t seem like intentional or explicit hiding of key details for the reader to speculate, this just seems like incoherent storytelling. I could be wrong, but I’m chalking this up as an asspull until/unless Oda gives more info.
This happens all the time though. I've stated this before.

They talk, out of context in 1037 and 1041 about a secret fruit awakening and killing Luffy. You, the reader, have zero context of what this is meant to be until literally 1043 (unless you connect the dots). They don't explain themselves fully until this chapter, and even then shit is missing here.

Something is not right. They went from Robin to Luffy for an unexplained reason. Think about it for a minute. Literally mid chapter they did this

kaido as a villain has had close to a similar effect of what you see with an eos villain.
Kinda like when you got to madara in naruto and he was so strong the author almost had to make naruto and sasuke god tiers to give them a sliver of a chance. I get a similar vibe just seeing the amount of power ups luffy has had to beat him .
That world strongest creature "rumor" , he really might be it.

Need that backstory asap
thats all I really want from this fight now. no matter how he's beaten from this point on
gag faces and all
heck of a monster.

The problem isn't with Zoro fans, but more with people who were not thrilled about Nika's Loony Force. Even I can tell this goofyness is too much, and it will greatly affect all Luffy future matches. But yeah, I can't really complain. One piece pre-TS has always been goofy. To be honest, it just surprises me that Oda reintroduced all of this suddenly. Let alone with more gag power. Right now, I'm still unsure about how I feel about this; I still need more chapters to decide. I just find this direction to be a little disappointing.
I think it’s better this way
It fits the genera of one piece and the general theme of the manga since its beginning, as well as the personality and goofiness of the main character that we have always been familiar with

We had one piece diverting so much from its early vibe especially after the time skip that it felt completely different now, so the way Oda made the awakening was refreshing to me

I can understand the emotional shook of Zoro fans who are used to the serious/ badass portions that inflated on the majority of the time skip, precisely the Yonko saga arcs

This happens all the time though. I've stated this before.

They talk, out of context in 1037 and 1041 about a secret fruit awakening and killing Luffy. You, the reader, have zero context of what this is meant to be until literally 1043 (unless you connect the dots). They don't explain themselves fully until this chapter, and even then shit is missing here.

Something is not right. They went from Robin to Luffy for an unexplained reason. Think about it for a minute. Literally mid chapter they did this
Here's is the thing my guy. They already know what the Nika fruit does and that the gomu gomu was the name change. This would mean someone told them. This would mean someone that has WG conenctions had this information, which means no matter how you slice it this is info the WG should of had

Only plausible reason is Shanks a snitch:risitameh:

Luffy's fight with Blackbeard is going to be totally ridiculous. Remember BB fighting Ace, and rolling around on the floor going "ow ow" while in pain? The guy has the comedic theatrics down for a toon fight with Joyboy. Cant wait to see it.

:leohah:
Honestly, shaky or bad writing aside and whether Oda explain it well or not. :nicagesmile:

I like Luffy's powers because unlike most I don't believe that edgy and dark = good thing all the time. The goofiness fit both one piece and Luffy
:akaman:
Though I don't think he affects environment but affects anything he touches

Status
Not open for further replies.