Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, shaky or bad writing aside and whether Oda explain it well or not. :nicagesmile:

I like Luffy's powers because unlike most I don't believe that edgy and dark = good thing all the time. The goofiness fit both one piece and Luffy
:akaman:
Though I don't think he affects environment but affects anything he touches
I mean i take laughter over another boring villain fight thats just about whos overpowering who at the end with their will power. I am loving the intention behind even if it lacks explanation at the end. Make us laugh Oda !

:suresure:

Once again, you lack context. You don't know why it's happening. I'm not saying it's good that Oda did this without explaining, but there is a reason for it

Read the last 2 pages of 1037:

Entire goal was to capture Robin

Then a page later it's about Luffy.

Then in 1041 they tell the CP-0 guy to drop his goal for capturing Robin and go after Luffy:

Something caused them to go from Robin -> Luffy.

We do not know what that "Something" is.

Let's take a chill pill. Oda is notorious for this shit (delivering revelations without explanation as to how its possible)
What is the scenario that they are referring to in "Though its a scenario we only know through rumor and hearsay"? I think it is referring to the fruit only awakening under some very specific conditions. This is not the first time that Luffy has faced defeat or near death experiences so that is not the only requirement. Getting ACoC is also not an option, not entirely, but Luffy did have it before being thrown/falling off of Onigashima. Maybe because he was not at his last breath that he actually fulfilled all the requirements. So I think the only way that it could be awakened was by fulfilling these requirements:
1. Must have prior mastery of the fruit (gears)
2. Must have weird imagination to use the fruits powers, like how Luffy started with the balloon when he was little
3. Must have ACoC (we see a blast of it from the rooftop to announce that he is still alive)
4. Similar to previous it needs to be awakened when fighting against a top-top tier opponent (a world class battle)
5. Must go to the extreme before being defeated/almost put to death
6. Must have the will to keep on going even when knocked out/near death. To not give up and to keep his nerve and not breath his last.

Clearly the bandages are there for fashion purposes
Nice logic :risitameh: i can count you in one hand the amount of times sanji was hit by queen throughout the whole fight, he was open completely to black maria and fought king and queen, and you tell me all of this just from queen ? :risitameh: sanji can heal his bones not his injuries thats why they still remained after his awakening, make 0 sense just to shit on a character smh

The thing is this fight is about freeing a country an opressive tyranic regime that choked the life out of its citizens for 20 + years. I expected stakes and tensions, and we got nothing. In fact we got worse than nothing. We got this goofy ass meme shit with eye balls popping out, poppeye supplexes,,etc
The stakes are there though, if they lose then the country is fucked even more and they'll die just like Kaido said the previous chapter.

Now tensions isn't the highest, but that's the problem not only the genre but the fact that we're reaching the final stretch of the story. No one who pays attention really believes that Luffy will die or that they'll lose. It's simply against what kind of story we're reading. The story acts that there are tension most of the time, but us knowing that Luffy will win just makes it feel like "there is no tension"

Now I agree that there should've been some deaths in the Scabbards though.

It depends on what they know and when they knew it. The WG tried to get the fruit for 800 years. That doesn't mean the Gorosei knew it was the Nika fruit until someone told them about it.

Literally the call it a rumor and say it's impossible in 1037/1041.

Again. Something changed in 1037. In 2 pages they went from being focused on Robin to being focused on Luffy. You can see when they change goals. They literally call CP-0 and issue them a new order.

It's not a plothole, we don't know WHY they changed goals. We don't know what information they were fed or what they already knew. We simply just do not know

"Again. Something changed in 1037. In 2 pages they went from being focused on Robin to being focused on Luffy. You can see when they change goals. They literally call CP-0 and issue them a new order."
yeah wg runts took down big mom
you realize the meeting with shanks was weeks ago right?

"It's not a plothole, we don't know WHY they changed goals. We don't know what information they were fed or what they already knew. We simply just do not know"
:milaugh:
yeah I agree
heck the world government prob didn't cover up the name of the fruit to name it gomu gomu no mi
it was someone and they didnt know the real name tbh . They prob just thought it was a random fruit on the government ship .

they are prob so dumb they described what the fruit does
and didnt put 2 and 2 together when the entire world saw luffy in marineford
it all makes sense now .

Required elixir to come back from a 2x emperor hit...
The context is a little bit different, eh?
He doesn't talk about that, zoro was healed fully after the elixir yet people think he mid diffed king even though he is on his death bad rn and was getting regdolled until his power up

"Again. Something changed in 1037. In 2 pages they went from being focused on Robin to being focused on Luffy. You can see when they change goals. They literally call CP-0 and issue them a new order."
yeah wg runts took down big mom
you realize the meeting with shanks was weeks ago right?

"It's not a plothole, we don't know WHY they changed goals. We don't know what information they were fed or what they already knew. We simply just do not know"
:milaugh:
yeah I agree
heck the world government prob didn't cover up the name of the fruit to name it gomu gomu no mi
it was someone and they didnt know the real name tbh . They prob just thought it was a random fruit on the government ship .

they are prob so dumb they described what the fruit does
and didnt put 2 and 2 together when the entire world saw luffy in marineford
it all makes sense now .
1037 is before BM goes down......

Like I said we don't know what was discussed. Maybe it's not about Luffy. Maybe it is and its about something else. Maybe he told them something they didnt believe until they heard Zunisha was there.

Something DID change in 1037. One page its about Robin. The next page, out of context, is about Luffy

I mean i take laughter over another boring villain fight thats just about whos overpowering who at the end with their will power. I am loving the intention behind even if it lacks explanation at the end. Make us laugh Oda !

:suresure:

Yup.

I understands people having problems with the writing since we're missing a lot of context yet. Whether Oda explains it later is something else.

However, I don't understand the hate against goofiness. I mean, come on! this is OP! Goofy shit has always been part of the world. Remember G4 and Luffy bouncing like an idiot? Water Luffy? Kaku vs Zoro and countless other examples. People were complaining that the Strawhats and story is more serious now... now they're complaining that Luffy is true to himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.