Who is a better character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it actually does tell you to expect tension though and people that make this argument are being dishonest. One Piece is CAPABLE ot being goofy, just like its CAPABLE of being serious.
One of my favorite moments in One Piece is Luffy punching the celestial dragon. Reason being the fishmen subplot was introduced 400 chapters prior, and yet the discrimination of the fishmen was something that was finally revealed during an arc where the HIGHEST authority of the World Government (Celestial Dragons with Admirals) was at their peak. This caused EVERYONE else (Including Kid and Law) to look the other way during the mistreatment, oppression, captivity, and enslavement of creatures who were supposed to be be lesser then. Luffy then challenges the status quo by punching the Celestial dragon, and this is further explored through the pain the very same world government caused Boa Hancok and then Jinbei. Which then further lead to the serious overtones during the fishment island arc and ALL of that will eventually lead to the fishmen being liberated by Luffy on a large scale.
When Luffy finally liberates the Fishmen, should I expect a serious moment there? Or should I expect Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes?

If I should expect a serious moment, STOP acting like its silly to expect tension from One Piece. It balances between silliness and tension, and with an arc of this importance, people were expecting more tension and less goofy, and yet we got the opposite.
Pointless fucking argument

Scene immediately after Luffy punched the CD:

:gokulaugh:

The problem isn't seeing serious moments or comedic moments. The problem is YOU expecting them when YOU want them to happen.

Not your manga. Its Oda's. Get over it.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Reminder that this forum exploded more over Ifrit Jambe being Blue than Gear 5 in general.

Legit no one cares about this looney toon shit
This forum doesn't represent the OP fandom as a whole. If it did, Sanji would never have lost to Nami in the global popularity poll:hapnoel:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Kaido having something else up his sleeve would be insane. Luffy should never beat him then tbh
He will be it's as clear as day lol. Look at Kaido each time Goofy gets an asspull. Kaido is literally the same, he allows Luffy to get hits in and later proceeds to fuck him up again. Kaido doesn't look tired or beaten af.

He will be it's as clear as day lol. Look at Kaido each time Goofy gets an asspull. Kaido is literally the same, he allows Luffy to get hits in and later proceeds to fuck him up again. Kaido doesn't look tired or beaten af.
I would say he looks pretty beaten right now from Gear 5 but I also think he will probably reveal his awakening next chapter

am beginning to understand marineford truly was special because its intended purpose wasnt to show when you are up against top brass, heavy consequences follow but moreso a cumulative conclusion to the events that showed the strawhats arent on the stage to fight amongst the top brass as an incentive for the 2 year timeskip.

knowing that I have fully accepted even the villains that come after , wont deal much more damage to the morale of the strawhats than kaido has done because the point of this stage isnt ultimately to realize they're not ready anymore. if they arent they just powerup sometimes in justified or unjustified ways before they have to pay dearly with consequences.

temper expectations of death and such folks.
am sure people will quote me with pedro who was well on his way to the grave anyway with bare life left.

Status
Not open for further replies.