By the way we should have forecast since Oda drew these scenes that he was going into a surreal route with Wano arc:

And to these ones we can add other surreal scenes that were not comical but still surreal: Denjiro changing face because of the demon of rage,Gyukimaru,a fox who can trasnform in human...altough those were inspired by the japanese folklore,they were still surreal moments for One Piece. I think Oda is doing it on purpose,he wanted Wano to be this arc that will be remembered as the most absurd arc of the story. Also,the fact that its divided between acts,with Hiyori playing the shamisen during the beginning and end of the acts,could it be connected to Luffy's powers? Who knows!

Oda is a mixture of Luffy and Sanji.
He’s a meat loving child and a pervert who smokes cigarettes
And he's also all of the other (male) strawhats.

He's a workoholic like zoro.
Brook reprsents Oda's pervert old man self.
He is a good artist but insecure deep down like usopp.
He is a money addict like Nami.
Researches history and mythology like robin....

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think Oda's insecure?
He is insecure about his appearance and like Usopp, he embodies the 'fake it till you make it' very well.

In some of his early author comments or aninterview he was asked as what he sees himself in 10 years and he responded "as someone amazing".
He generally seems to be a lot into star cult. I understand this in the way that he needs personal achievements in order to feel a sense of self value.
My interpretation might be wrong ofc

He is insecure about his appearance and like Usopp, he embodies the 'fake it till you make it' very well.

In some of his early author comments or aninterview he was asked as what he sees himself in 10 years and he responded "as someone amazing".
He generally seems to be a lot into star cult. I understand this in the way that he needs personal achievements in order to feel a sense of self value.
My interpretation might be wrong ofc
Oda using the fish avatar might also be for security reasons mandated by Shueisha

Getting more and more the feeling that most here are from a certain other forum. Nightmare fuel. Never want to see that place again. Even so it isn't too bad by any means but still.. *insert centurion's avatar*:hurry: :luffywat::pepeanger: