Versus Battle Naruto vs One Piece

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• R1: Naruto

• R1: One Piece

• R2: Naruto

• R2: One piece

Results are only viewable after voting.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
yep, the Itachi vs Sasuke had years and years of build up and hype and Kishimoto exceeded it imo. The reveal of Itachi true backstory I didn't see coming nor expect it at all and the fact that Tobi was narrating it made it even more epic. I am glad I wasn't in any forums back then because if I were it probably would have ruined the experience.
Yeah I think forums inadvertently have a negative effect on the experience of reading no matter how much one tries to isolate forum stuff and the manga, it's basically impossible.

And yeah I thoroughly enjoyed Itachi vs Sasuke. Still one of my fave battles. Gaara VS Rock Lee in part 1 was GOATED imo.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
โ€Ž
Which series do you think is better and which one do you prefer?

Some criteria:

-Plot
-Main characters
-Side characters
-Villains
-Character designs
-Power system
-Story arcs
-Incorporation of themes
-Art
-Imagery
-Panelling
-Originality
-World building
-Characterization
-Enjoyment
- Etc.

VS

@MarineHQ62 @lee33 @TheAncientCenturion @Natalija @Jiihad @ShadyOjiro @Shiroyru @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @comrade etc etc​
Iโ€™m biased to Naruto in all honesty. Like I would def reread/rewatch Naruto. Itโ€™ll be a cold day in hell before I reread/rewatch anything OP๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Narutoโ€™s characters(well tha ones that get real focus) are miles ahead of any OP characters(Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, Nagato etc) tha only One Puece character that comes close is Doflamingo and that was how many arcs ago?

Narutoโ€™s Villians are also heaven and earth better, name me a One Piece Villian better than Madara, Pein/Nagato, Pt1 Itachi, Zabuza, Sasori, Tobi?

Now as far as art and world building goes. One Piece def wins those

Now Kaguya and tha Fourth eat for fuck tha series up. But in all honesty, depending on how Imu is handled we going head first into that with One Piece

Op in all other than power system
Naruto was good but i wanted to drop it multiple times because of how pissed i was with talk no jutsu and had to stop myself
Until 1 or 2 years ago one piece would be in my top 3 and Naruto wouldn't even make it to top 10 but op has been going down more and more so one day Naruto might surpass it

Iโ€™m biased to Naruto in all honesty. Like I would def reread/rewatch Naruto. Itโ€™ll be a cold day in hell before I reread/rewatch anything OP๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Narutoโ€™s characters(well tha ones that get real focus) are miles ahead of any OP characters(Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, Nagato etc) tha only One Puece character that comes close is Doflamingo and that was how many arcs ago?

Narutoโ€™s Villians are also heaven and earth better, name me a One Piece Villian better than Madara, Pein/Nagato, Pt1 Itachi, Zabuza, Sasori, Tobi?

Now as far as art and world building goes. One Piece def wins those

Now Kaguya and tha Fourth eat for fuck tha series up. But in all honesty, depending on how Imu is handled we going head first into that with One Piece
:pepelit:

Both are different.

Hunter x Hunter is a mix of both, had potential to be the greater.

I always has seen One Piece as an old cellphone, useless. But on the hand of Oda, made from this Cell Phone a whole stroy, had use everything he could from that cellphone. Oda created a great story using it even though the story was poor since the beginning.

While Naruto was a smartphone, Kishi could do many things with it, had the potential since the base were very solid, but Kishi even though is great, couldnt handle to much technology so he made some mistakes in his plot IMO.

Both are ok and I love them, I still see Naruto with greater potential but they could handle it while One Piece started vague but made a great story of if.

I started Anime thanks to Naruto.. much more thanks to Minato lol.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
โ€Ž
The pain arc was the best arc I never have seen:
-increaible fights: pain vs jiraya, konoha, kakashi and naruto
-The best power up: naruto sennin
-Pain: his history, and cycle of hatred
-Deaths: jiraya, kakashi (yes I know he revived but in that time I was grazy)...
That arc is enough to put naruto above OP, becuase Op doesnยกt have arc near of that

People say that op is more plot driven, but I cant see it like that, naruto has very cool plot, with the evil organization akatsuki who is active since first part and constantly clashes with the main characters till the end+madaras second faction active just as much+ a ton load of good antagonists, zabuza, pain, itachi(for sasuke), orochimaru, obito, madara, all akatsukis members were clean, etc, those are more enjoyable to watch than the op villains generally, moria, arlong, don krieg, caesar, etc are casual villains and their design is kinda meh. Ofc there are villains like rob luci and crocodile, doffla and now kaido, but it feels that in term of antagonists Naruto is more goated so far.

The plot in naruto is also nice, it is war driven for world domination, we see relation forming between villages and the plot of the antagonists to get all the 9 beasts. In op we see Luffys journey from island to island to get the 4 poneglyphs and find one piece+ maybe defeating that kaguya level antagonist Im.

I vote for naruto because in 700 chapters they told more story than ops 1000+, in op there is to much fucking around, and most characters are kinda goofy, people say that Luffys g5 is goofy, indeed, but also look at 99% of kaidos army+Luffys own faction is full of goofy looking people. +In Naruto there is this legend ``Tobirama`` so yeah.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
Naruto was great before timeskip, an ok after timeskip, but so meh after Pain vs Konoha.

all the character are so much undeveloped when every single one of them got a big potential (especially every team in konoha), they have a huge gap compared to naruto, sakura, and sasuke.

Naruto was great before timeskip, an ok after timeskip, but so meh after Pain vs Konoha.
Just my opinion, naruto from start timeskip to end of pain arc was 10/10 ( minus that useless going after sasuke part ) gaara wrc, asuma's death jiraiya vs pain itachi vs sasuke and then pain vs naruto, i didnt got bored single episode

Yeah, wasnt the best story writing but i enjoyed the hype moments at least.
some of the fights were good ngl, but on the bigger picture it full of disapoinment, especially the part where every team besides team 7 are so freaking undeveloped, i mean the guy like Rock Lee or Kiba have a big potential if they were developed rightly.

some of the fights were good ngl, but on the bigger picture it full of disapoinment, especially the part where every team besides team 7 are so freaking undeveloped, i mean the guy like Rock Lee or Kiba have a big potential if they were developed rightly.
Fuck kiba honestly,but i agree that most of them disapointing, i was so mad for rock lee but then we got might gai shining and said who cares about lee now then ig lol...

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
I prefer One piece because I invested more times in it, itโ€™s characters etc. But I will give my honest answer.

criteria:

-Plot :

Both have okay overall plot : the whole akatsuki plot was nice and the whole PK race was okay too.

But while pre skip arcs were good for One piece, post skip arcs are really poor plot wise. Same formula again and again, lazy PU, lazy storytelling. The overall Yonko plot was logic and good but the inside arcs are really bad.

Only WCI was kinda different and original but in the end didnโ€™t deliver like it should.
But it was kinda a breath of fresh air.

OP really missed an opportunity. The setting was amazing but didnโ€™t lead anywhere.

But Naruto last war was lame as hell too and post Pain began to be worse and worse.

But Naruto shipudden till Pain arc is far better than Post skip OP until Wano.

Letโ€™s say equality. But I understand if Naruto takes it. Itโ€™s a bit unfair to Naruto because itโ€™s finished.
OP can be below Naruto if itโ€™s end is bad.

-Main characters

I hate Naruto. Objectively I canโ€™t stand him.

Sasuke had some appeal early on and Sakura isnโ€™t that bad. But the MC is unsufferable.

I prefer Luffy a lot especially part 1 Luffy.

But at least Naruto characters went from point A to point B even if it wasnโ€™t amazing. Some of them evolved etc.

While One piece character development is not top notch at all and non existent sometimes.

Equal too

-Side characters

I prefer One piece whole cast overall. Even if Jiraya Gai Kakashi etc were

-Villains

Orochimaru Pain Zabuza Akatsuki weโ€™re great and threatening.

East blue Shishibukai Admirals Bwere great too.

Kaguya and Madara and Obito were lame (sorry Nat).

But even good villains ended up average or bad : Itachi, Oro, Kabuto, Obito : all became worse and worse across the story.

So One piece as a nod here.

-Character designs

one piece

-Power system

Chakra > Haki

But I like devil fruits or Rokushiki

But Naruto has a lot of diversity.

But I canโ€™t stand Naruto clones each time winning the battle.

Naruto short edge.

-Story arcs

Part 1 vs part 1 : around equal

Part 2 vs part 2 : Naruto till Pain arc >>>

Naruto after Pain ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

best arcs for OP : Sabaody, Skypiea, Alabasta, Enies Lobby

Best Naruto arcs : whole akatsuki, Sasuke retrieval, chunin arc,

Ta their best I think they are around equal (even if I prefer One piece)

-Incorporation of themes

One piece. Slavery, fish men, liberty etc etc

-Art

One piece

-Imagery
-Panelling
-Originality

Both the same.

-World building

One piece

-Characterization
-Enjoyment

I prefer One piece

Overall equal I think.

But I can totally understand soemone saying Naruto

Naruto is goated up to pain arc bro
the hype was real but for me before timeskip is still the best.

tbh, i kinda hate talk no jutsu with Nagato lmao
Post automatically merged:

Fuck kiba honestly,but i agree that most of them disapointing, i was so mad for rock lee but then we got might gai shining and said who cares about lee now then ig lol...
Gai was absoulutelly stunning, but i expect more of Lee as the next generarion and Gai succesor, before shippuden he was one of the strongest genin, after that he just an ordinary side character lmao

Last edited: