Versus Battle Naruto vs One Piece

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• R1: Naruto

• R1: One Piece

• R2: Naruto

• R2: One piece

Results are only viewable after voting.
Overall, I prefer One Piece, I shit on it constantly in the Forums, but that’s because I care about the plot and characters, Naruto technically has a potentially very interesting plot but it’s squandered, and the characters are so blasè that I really don’t care about any of them, save for Tobi (pre-Obito reveal) Orochimaru (pre-Sasuke’s slutboy) Deidara, Madara, Tobirama and the raikage A.
I also cannot forget how Kishimoto didn’t know what muscles were for the majority of Naruto’s runtime, like, a character like Kakashi and Might Guy, are supposed to be powerhouse veterans, but have arms built like twigs, what the fuck :josad:

Overall, I prefer One Piece, I shit on it constantly in the Forums, but that’s because I care about the plot and characters, Naruto technically has a potentially very interesting plot but it’s squandered, and the characters are so blasè that I really don’t care about any of them, save for Tobi (pre-Obito reveal) Orochimaru (pre-Sasuke’s slutboy) Deidara, Madara, Tobirama and the raikage A.
I also cannot forget how Kishimoto didn’t know what muscles were for the majority of Naruto’s runtime, like, a character like Kakashi and Might Guy, are supposed to be powerhouse veterans, but have arms built like twigs, what the fuck :josad:
Their power comes from chakra mostly
But i think the reason is probably just because he liked the art style to be like that lol

Which series do you think is better and which one do you prefer?

Some criteria:

-Plot
If you Where to ask me this in 2004 I would've said Naruto, But Overtime I grew more attached to The Characters & The world together. Luffys Optimism Towards everything is contagious. Finding the One Piece feels Like a true adventure through & Through

-Main characters
One Piece Takes this Hands down. Luffy is emotionally intelligent and it shows very early on in the series. And speaks in specific situations only when its necessary. And if I was to talk about the rest of the StrawHats you'll have a great wall of text.

-Side characters
One Piece
The Side characters in the beginning is what got me hooked to Naruto quick until I realized there just there to look cool. After a certain point in the series. Were as one piece side characters makes it feel like where in a living breathing world

-Villains
Watching Naruto villains Fight was more entertaining then the actual characters themselves. Naruto villains feels like a means to a end. Were as One Piece Villians Make it feels like their Gears in the machinery to help the world spin. You can feel the lasting impact In the places One Piece Villains has been.

-Character designs
One Piece hands down let's go down the veraity of characters in Naruto vs one piece

-Power system
One Piece
Some people Hate Haki But I personally love it. It gives people a fighting chance in this world that wouldn't have one otherwise. Were as if you was born specific chakra threshold you can obtain godlike levels of strength. Leaving the rest of the ninjas world in the dust.

-Story arcs
Naruto Part one was close to a masterpiece but it seems like Kishimoto didn't plan accordingly for the long term. So I have to give it to One Piece. There are some story arcs that feels like they repeat. But it's for good reason. Let's look at alabasta & Dressrosa. While the are similar in play it's also a inversion. Dressrosa is what alabasta would've looked like if Crocodile would've succeeded

-Incorporation of themes
One Piece
The themes feels as attached to the story arcs As the limbs do in your body.

-Art
One Piece

-Imagery
One Piece

-Panelling
I gotta go back and look at some of Naruto panels I'm not gonna just blindly choose. This is definitely up for debate

-Originality
One Piece

-World building
One Piece.
The 4th great ninja war showed how small Narutos world really is. It was zombies & Plants vs ninjas. Were if you look it the Paramount war. The world government & The white beards influence was on full display.

-Characterization
One Piece.

-Enjoyment
One Piece

- Etc.
Naruto was fun. But in some points started to feel really forced. That last time I enjoyed Naruto through & through was during the pain arc. While One Piece can feel really slow at times when stuff comes to a conclusion it 10/10 fits the bigger picture of the One Piece World

Daniel

Elmarit
‎‎‎‎
At this point, One Piece is the better series overall.

That Wano Arc was adapted perfectly and the animators went above and beyond their usual workload in presenting that arc as epic as possible, and imo drew in a lot of new fans towards the One Piece fandom.

Meanwhile Boruto is kind of struggling to make a name for itself, basically.

I feel like naruto part 1 was completely carried by the anime. The openings, the art work. The fights. Part 1 of one piece is obviously better than naruto but part 2 of one piece isn't better than anything. It's not a single time since 2010 I thought damn thank God we let Oda cook. That's 13 years of sucking ass.

I won't blame boruto on kissing yet. Though everything I wanted to see Naruto do never happen. Use Chakra knives, mention jiriya. Like all I wanted to see Naruto do is change the hyuuga on screen. Even vote 2 they didn't show Naruto use sage kumite. Like how hard is it to know what og fans want to see.

I'll say shounens have a penchant for living you unsatisfied. One Piece is like game of thrones. It's hard to focus on the good because the middle and end have been so bad.

The story of One Piece is better than Naruto. For me, the concepts of One Piece, D, Joyboy, Ancient Kingdom, etc are way more interesting than anything Naruto has to offer. The issue is the plot has been stretched just for the sake of extending a 5-year story to 30 years. Thats why many characters and plots seem to be forced and less organic, mainly during the post-timeksip.

Naruto has more likable and iconic characters. Young Naruto was awesome. The story has been more fluid than One Piece till the 4th great ninja war. In fact, Naruto till the end of Pain arc is more enjoyable than One Piece IMO. That final war was so trash that it ruined the manga for me.

Last edited: