Questions & Mysteries Will Luffy lose yet again?! Or will the fight stop? Luffy vs Kaido

I am making a post about why Kaido vs Nika Luffy is more important than it seems but for now i want to see what you might think of the possibility of Luffy losing again or postponing the fight.

So why i and many others might think that this fight could result in Luffy's loss or the postponement of the fight.

1- We still haven't seen the teased Flashback of Kaido.
- If a Villain has a flashback Oda always teases it.
- If the Villain has no flashback like Crocodile Or Enel Oda only touches on their intentions.

2- We still don't know the reason why Kaido chose Wano.
- Why is that important you might ask. Every Villain so far in One Piece reveals their intentions before their actual demise in Luffy's hand.
- It usually triggers the flashback of the Villain or the Lore of the Country/island.

3- The Lore behind Wano and Momonuske / Zunesha's plots are still running.
- Momo's hesitations on opening Wano after reading Oden's Journal is interesting and it could be tied to the reason why Kaido chose Wano.
- Why is Zunesha here? It can't be just to destroy fodders ships. I have a feeling its tied to "Opening the borders" of Wano.

4- Luffy's awakening have removed every tension Kaido caused after his descending in the Live Floor.
- The moment Kaido acted like an actual tyrant to give us readers the feeling of tension have been removed and reduced to gag/funny fight scenes which can't result in a serious impactful defeat for Kaido. Unless that is what Oda wants from Luffy vs Kaido for now. ZKK maybe?

5- The islanders/Citizens of Wano are still in the safe zone and Oda made sure they don't get to notice anything even BM's explosions was rendered silent for no one to hear.
- Every Major Villain always includes the Citizens of the island they "rule/or wish to rule" to create this massive chaos and push the feels of danger and actual fear into the characters of the arc only for Luffy to break everything and beat the Villain. This should include Momo's decision about Wano.

6- Lastly Kaido as a character and as a Villain is quite unique "Big Post soon hopefully".
- Kaido to me looks like a Luffy who lost his way and turned evil.
- Kaido is a Villain which luck seems to have robbed him of earning victories himself which translate to him having honor and as a Villain its something special.
- Wano is the only arc that featured a dual Villain Orochi/Kaido. Many readers point all the blame towards Kaido forgetting the fact that the reason Kaido is here is Orochi and the fact is Kaido was handed everything by doing nothing other than being the muscle behind Orochi according to their deal. It was all Orochi and now Kaido is making an actual move towards Wano.

Now yes i know that some of these plotpoints can be addressed after Kaido's defeat. But the question is what is more impactful ? Before or After?

There are 2 extra thing that can be skipped or addressed in a flashback:-

1- Big Mom said in 1038 that she still hasn't heard Kaido's usual Victory Cry yet. Are we going to see this in a flashback? Or the plot of him being robbed of 2 major victories over people he deemed worthy "Oden and Luffy" will be resolved in his Major Victory over Nika Luffy?

2- Kaido in 1045 might have confirmed that Zoan users have an awakening form? I still suggest that the Dragon Form is the Strongest/Durable/Physically powerful form but is the slowest in terms of speed and Hybrid is a the middle ground between Durability and Speed. Now if Zoans have an awakening form i am curios to see how the balances of the known forms will be. And lastly if Luffy is going to surpass Kaido and if an awakening form exist for Kaido then there is no way the fight is over without Kaido using that form.

So what do you feel?

Is Luffy going to lose? Is the fight going to be postponed? Or Nah Nika Luffy Bazooka Kaido out of Earth?

@kenedyfake @Topi Jerami @Sentinel @comrade @Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @SinOfGreed @KiriNigiri @Den_Den_Mushi @trav @Demongodzolo @Marimo_420 @MarimoHeado @Aknolagon @Cyrus the Cactus @Rivaille @Monet @Pantheos @Garp the Fist @Gol D. Roger @Afroking @ImmaIvanoM @MarineHQ62 @Luffy bin Dragon @Luffy is the mc @Rmstorm @Fenaker @yj @Fiji @playa4321 @Guan Yu @Ice devil slayer @Sword God Ryuma @Zenos7 @Akai2 @MasterD @Jew D. Boy @RayanOO @Haoshoku @Dark Hound @Camie @Thabeast @style @Queen @zorojurou @RyumaZoro @Gon’s Missing Arm @Yo Tan Wa @Orojackson Refugee @Sunita @IceWitch @ShadyOjiro @wordyworm @LolonoisZolo @Grumpy Zoro @HA001 @HAJIKATA @Dragomir @Natalija @Enma @Rukusho @Sade @Sadistic Senpai @stormylife @Geo @Reborn @BossYimz @Cinera @ShishioIsBack @Shishi @Nidai_Kitetsu @Mikail @mly90 @The White Crane @Gauntlet @LordWhis @Kuro Ashi @Jo_Ndule @sanjikun @Extravlad @Inflamed Haki @Buusatan94 @AL sama @Patryipe @Kiwipom @Owl Ki @Salah WG @stairs-kun @BOCCHI @EtenBoby @Fujishiro @Bogard @LadyVados @Punpun @Titty Croissant @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @I'mTired @Gensui Sazid @Marco @Erkan12 @Blackbeard @Alpha @matt245 @God D usopp @Shanal @ConquistadoR @Jet Pistol @Captain Luffy @Brendan Schaub @park_min young @Daikenki @WesMidnight @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @serialwinnerv7 @Malick the last Light @Worona Woro @yorosenpai @Shinsekai @King of the world @ShadowStyle369 @Tyki_Mikk @Daikenki @HAJIKING @Seth @LadyVados @BornInAbyss @Fuckthis3 @ShiNoGekai @DoctorIndigo @hayze moya @Meeyori @Franosuke @wys @Lor D. Coast
@Steven @SkySanji @nik87 @Sanji D Goat @NAMELESS @Finalbeta @AkainuTheGrimReaper @humanbeing @Money D Malio @MonsterKaido @Garps tekkai @sneko @mugiwalaw @Mummykun @Mr. Anderson @solis

Maybe, after being pushed to his limit, the flashback occurs and it becomes an all out fight between awakened Kaido and awakened Luffy.

I think the amount of times Kaido wasted Luffy isn't funny anymore, lol. If Luffy gets wasted again, I think only Zoro can save the day with ZKK.

Maybe, after being pushed to his limit, the flashback occurs and it becomes an all out fight between awakened Kaido and awakened Luffy.

I think the amount of times Kaido wasted Luffy isn't funny anymore, lol. If Luffy gets wasted again, I think only Zoro can save the day with ZKK.
Even being pushed to his limit. It still won't solve the other plot threads unless the fight change location to the flower capital.

Yh i know Luffy losing again ain't it lol. But i don't know why Oda is holding off on resolving everything else for the climax to happen it just feels weird to me.

Last edited:
Nice Post :cheers::cheers::cheers: My Hc feels we will hear that victory cry in current manga not in a flashback i would like it to be so loud that it makes the people look up and notice the island lmao.I think ultimately if luffy loses here though thats pretty much it for me he needs help to take down kaido so something with luffy/zoro as the frontrunners and then the strawhats or hell every pirate there as backup i am fine with whatever at that point it will all end with zkk anyways :steef:

If Luffy loses AGAIN after all of the recent bullshit and having his devil fruit retconed into literally being the embodiment of a god, Luffy has no business becoming Pirate King next arc or the one after that. There has to be a limit on how many times he can consecutively lose against the same villain. For most people, including myself, it has already been reached!

Ask yourself, what would Oda even do to make Luffy fight Kaido again this time? LITERALLY make Joyboy or Nika posses his body and finish the battle for him? Because that seems like the only logical conclusion left at that point. If Luffy keeps fucking up Nika, Zoro, a somehow revived Ryuma, Blackbeard or some Admiral showing up and finishing off Kaido seems like the only viable action left to take.

But you know what? I sincerely hope he loses again because the amount of salt some of the "Luffy is Top 3 in the verse" people would produce after another L would be truly glorious.

If Luffy loses AGAIN after all of the recent bullshit and having his devil fruit retconed into literally being the embodiment of a god, Luffy has no business becoming Pirate King next arc or the one after that. There has to be a limit on how many times he can consecutively lose against the same villain. For most people, including myself it has already been reached!

Ask yourself, what would Oda even do to make Luffy fight Kaido again this time? LITERALLY make Joyboy or Nika posses his body and finish the battle for him? Because that seems like the only logical conclusion left at that point. If Luffy keeps fucking up Nika, Zoro, a somehow revived Ryuma, Blackbeard or some Admiral showing up and finishing off Kaido seems like the only viable action left to take.

But you know what? I sincerely hope he loses again because the amount of salt some of the "Luffy is Top 3 in the verse" people would produce after another L would be truly glorious.
The King of Lightning salt would be hilarious

Luffy will win, wether the fight stops or not for a couple chapters doesn’t really change that this is the final round
i don't get how most feel this is the final round do you feel like kaido is awakened??? Or has been using it this entire time unbeknownst to anyone knowing??? Because if you think kaido is still holding on to awakening and he is still doing good against gear 5th currently in hybrid won't awakened kaido be to much for even gear 5th luffy???
Post automatically merged:

I genuinely do not know what would make me more happy if ZKK happens. It happening alone, the salt from some clowns on here, or the huge temper tantrum some Youtubers would throw over this. KOL would probably still argue whether or not Zoro is a Top Tier at that point!
Bruh i swear KOL gonna be like the blue flames from sanji could also accomplish the same feat ,the blue flames are hotter than king and akainu he would burn kaido to death.:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

i don't get how most feel this is the final round do you feel like kaido is awakened??? Or has been using it this entire time unbeknownst to anyone knowing??? Because if you think kaido is still holding on to awakening and he is still doing good against gear 5th currently in hybrid won't awakened kaido be to much for even gear 5th luffy???

Bruh i swear KOL gonna be like the blue flames from sanji could also accomplish the same feat ,the blue flames are hotter than king and akainu he would burn kaido to death.:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
Kaido’s drunk forms are his awakening, Oda has clearly drawn them differently than his regular hybrid form

Kaido’s drunk forms are his awakening, Oda has clearly drawn them differently than his regular hybrid form
Okay, but even by this logic which i don't agree with because i feel oda would definitely make a announcement that the wsc is awakened and using said form but that's besides the point, kaido is not currently in that form from 1042 he is in regular ole hybrid the same form we saw in 1008 for the first time. Doesn't it stand to reason that if kaido goes back into drunk mode which u think is awakening for him he is dominating luffy either way because currently he fighting luffy in regular hybrid not his awakened form and he is doing just fine???

People are way too into the victory cry thing lol. He already won twice.

But anyway, Luffy is gonna punch him and tell him to leave ahyashishi. And he's gonna be like you know what, I've been here twenty years and I'm not pk yet so might as well
Sure, Kaido, the motherfucker that has been screaming about wishing to die since his first appearance, will be okay at the idea of Luffy not killing him. Yup!

:kailaugh:

Get a grip. If Luffy ain't killing Kaido, somebody else will. Does not even have to be Zoro before people jump down my throat. Momo, any of the scabbards, Zoro, fucking Killer for all I care, but SOMEBODY will slice and dice Kaido by the end of this story. The only character I cant see killing him is Blackbeard since him getting the same fruit Kaido has would be too redundant in a visual sense for Oda to pull.

Oda cant pull his usual Luffy crushed the villains spirit bullshit with Kaido this time. Kaido has his ass whopped seven times already. If he isn't killed, it has been explicitly hammered how he will continue to be a threat. And Luffy sure wont be sticking around Wano like Ryuma did to defend them. So he either kills him or somebody else does.

Okay, but even by this logic which i don't agree with because i feel oda would definitely make a announcement that the wsc is awakened and using said form but that's besides the point, kaido is not currently in that form from 1042 he is in regular ole hybrid the same form we saw in 1008 for the first time. Doesn't it stand to reason that if kaido goes back into drunk mode which u think is awakening for him he is dominating luffy either way because currently he fighting luffy in regular hybrid not his awakened form and he is doing just fine???
Oda didn’t make the announcement for Doffy’s awakening until later in the fight and currently Luffy is beating Kaido up. Awakening will even the field

Oda didn’t make the announcement for Doffy’s awakening until later in the fight and currently Luffy is beating Kaido up. Awakening will even the field
Maybe i'm misunderstanding you what's your point with doffy??? He wasn't using awakening prior to luffy going into gear 4th once luffy did that and beat him up some then he uses awakening in 785 and explains it. Personally i don't see this fight as Luffy is thrashing kaido it already seems pretty even to me they are trading blows,both tired,etc nothing luffy has shown me has me yet has me thinking its kaido thats on his back foot and if he doesnt awaken soon to match luffy then its his loss but maybe this will happen soon with the thunder bolt luffy is holding.

I think the ideal scenario would be;
- Luffy lands his strongest attack and sends Kaido flying to the capital
- Kaido seems defeated, the citizens celebrate
- We get the Kaido flashback
- Kaido's awakening takes over
i like this scenario a moment of kaido awakening in front of the citizens, and assuming its a new form seeing the citizens react in absolute horror would be nice

Maybe i'm misunderstanding you what's your point with doffy??? He wasn't using awakening prior to luffy going into gear 4th once luffy did that and beat him up some then he uses awakening in 785 and explains it. Personally i don't see this fight as Luffy is thrashing kaido it already seems pretty even to me they are trading blows,both tired,etc nothing luffy has shown me has me yet has me thinking its kaido thats on his back foot and if he doesnt awaken soon to match luffy then its his loss but maybe this will happen soon with the thunder bolt luffy is holding.
wrong

And yes, Kaido is getting trashed by Luffy, even had him on his knees huffing and puffing. Awakening form Kaido will even it out, maybe even giving Kaido the slight advantage until he loses