• ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 40 21.1%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters
J

Joy D. MADS

Yeah I’m pretty much done with this fight. We’ve gotten a good grasp of G5, we’ve seen why Kaido’s the WSC- guessing big nose Kaido is indeed his Awakened form- time to finish it off.

Probably won’t be next chapter (although I won’t complain if the giga punch is the final hit). I imagine that’ll be Momo’s big moment and finishing Orochi. But hopefully after that we can finish it off. The sky lanterns rising should be one of the very last things we see.
Do you really think that this was his awakening? I don't think so, because nothing suggests that, like Luffy, Kaido, Yamato or someone else did not make any comment at this being his awakening. . . so no, it can't be that simple.

I am afraid that we won't probably see awakened Kaido, because IMO Kaido is gonna be defeated next chapter (Luffy is grabbing Kaido to not let him escape, and is doing the massive punch imbued in Hakis, so it's useless).

This chapter has confirmed that Luffy is going to be so stupidly broken come EoS in comparison to all other characters its not even funny.

Kaidos dialogue about Roger and haki is what solidifies it. As it currently stands, Luffys Devil Fruit puts him on par with the most elite of the elite. But there is one character where that Devil Fruit will be useless against, and that is Blackbeard.

That means the only way to stand up against Blackbeard will be to have absolutely broken haki.

So not only will Luffy have a broken devil fruit, but he will also have God Tier haki.

This man is going to put everyone past and present to shame. So fucking amped for this.

J

Joy D. MADS

Luffy other arm grab Kaido while the other hand prepared to attack Kaido with a giant fist.✔

i think Kaido will took this attack but somehow still tanked it or this will be the end of the fight sadly.✔

but, there is still 2 major reasons why Kaido will not lose after this attack :
1. We still not see Kaido's flashback
2. And he already talking about awakening, its so odd if we didnt see Kaido use awakening.

J

Joy D. MADS

It's obvious, but don't expect it to be the end of the battle anyway. . "My audience will not be satisfied if Luffy defeats Kaido just because his punch is so strong"
Dude. . . this shit is serious business, an island punch imbued with AdCoA and AdCoC! Think about this, even Luffy said it's his final blow while he grabs Kaido.

Yamato said to us that Kaido is at his limit a few times. . . so don't know how many more proofs do you need guys.

He is gonna be defeated next chapter.

Flashback could come even after his defeat, or even through Oden's journey in Yamato's hands (while she reads it, we will revive the events).

This chapter has confirmed that Luffy is going to be so stupidly broken come EoS in comparison to all other characters its not even funny.

Kaidos dialogue about Roger and haki is what solidifies it. As it currently stands, Luffys Devil Fruit puts him on par with the most elite of the elite. But there is one character where that Devil Fruit will be useless against, and that is Blackbeard.

That means the only way to stand up against Blackbeard will be to have absolutely broken haki.

So not only will Luffy have a broken devil fruit, but he will also have God Tier haki.

This man is going to put everyone past and present to shame. So fucking amped for this.
My prediction is Usopp delivering the final blow/shot on Blackbeard.

Loved this Chapter. Blatant as fuck set-up for raid fail/big loss.

Oda usally ends final fight chapters on a dire note until Luffy wins, but here Oda keeps ending chapters of this fight on hopeful notes.
It's also really fucked up how the people of Wano are just accepting a return to slavery
imagine Wano concluding with them just being freed and not learning to stand up for themselves

Like, that's just not how Oda writes. People in One Piece get rewarded for fighting for their dreams.
The people of Wano need to rebel on their own.
Oda writes the people of the islands being involved in their own stories. While Luffy saves the day, the people of islands go through a collective character arc of wanting to be free, fighting for themselves, not just giving up. Oda just writing the people of this island being like "yup we're stuck in slavery, we're passive and won't try to do anything about it" leads to it being extremely unsatisfying if this is it.
The people of Wano still believe that Kaido is a benevolent loser. Them choosing to fight will only have meaning if they do so after a big loss, when they should believe it's hopeless. They'll choose to fight anyway.

Like, beyond Wano, beyond the people of islands, you have to understand the fundamental way Oda writes. As far back as how Coby only gets helped by Luffy after he stands up to Alvida. Oda universally writes to emphasize themes. Characters get rewarded for their actions being in line with the themes and punished if they aren't. Characters who don't fight for their dreams don't have good things happen to them. Characters who do fight for their dreams are rewarded.

Coby stands up to Alvida. The people of Skypeia pray for freedom. Robin gets saved after she declares she wants to live. The people of Cocoyashi village show up to fight for their freedom. If your point is "Oda doesn't write like this" you aren't paying any attention to how Oda writes.

Like, let my friend outline this. If Luffy wins here, then the people of Wano, who accepted slavery, get freed without any will of their own.

Let's look at it if Luffy loses. It's absolutely possible for Oda to write that loss and still avoid the flower capital falling and killing everyone, obviously that's not going to happen. What happens next? Kaido enacts the plan he talked about to change Wano. Revealing the lie that he was a benevolent ruler to the citizens. And he takes away their one festival, the one bright spot in their life, the thing that makes them think "i can't wait for next year when we do this again." Now they have nothing to look forward to. Now they have nothing left to lose. And with nothing left to lose, they stand up.
The dissonance of the Wano citizens being willing to go back to slavery and everything is so fucking weird that there's actually zero chance that Luffy just defeats Kaido and the next thing we get from them is "oh it's so great that we're free now"

Like literal basic writing and dramatic stakes states that we need to get them actually wanting it, actually feeling the despair of having their last light of hope snuffed out, before we then get the day being saved. That's the thing about raid fail/another big loss. There are so many dramatic beats like this that just feel completely incomplete if this is the final stage of the final battle. It's just literally not how Oda writes, there's zero chance of that not being developed further.

"Well, we still have hope, I hope I'm still alive for the next year's festival" is so on the nose setup.
For them finding out that there won't be one next year
"You can't use oda doesn't write like that" yet you use oda doesn't write like that to fit your agenda the rail gotta fail before kaido defeat when oda gave no indication of that happening whatsoever lol the hypocrisy

J

Joy D. MADS

"When Kaido appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can’t defeat such a strong character yet. And I’m yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaido. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaido is just because Luffy’s punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow.”
:quest::watchout:
Aren't you satisfied by this MONSTRUOUS ATTACK!? Holy fuck, man. . .

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Do people really think this is how it ends? :nicagesmile:
Like countless things are left to finish up...

Marco's purpose in this war.
Zunisha's purpose.
CP0 invasion.
Big Mom pirates vs the waterfall.
Kaido's awakening.
Orochi.
Kaido's flashback.
Flower capital being clueless about everything.
Countless plots with Zoro.

Just to mention some of them...
And you think we see the end of it next chapter when Luffy uses another punch? :toximoji:
I know y'all cant wait to see the end of it but we have 9 chapters more until just the fighting wraps up.
Plus the chapters after the fight and whatnot...