Manga Discussion Series better than One piece

Baki slaps the shit out of Mid Piece. :cheers: Perfect blend of meatheadism with educational and interesting content + worldbuilding. What the fuck is One Piece now but a cringe-inducing shitshow lol

Not even Vergo can truly make One Piece even one tenth of Baki. :steef:

Vergo is a Baki-like character truly :goyea:
There's just too much male body exposed in Baki, making it unpleasant to see.
If at least the characters wore interesting clothes instead of fighting almost naked, then I would give it a try.

I watched the Beserk anime and now this thread has convinced me to pick up the manga and give it go.

To answer the question I consider many series better than One Piece. One Piece has the best story telling and world building but thats pretty much it. I much rather Bleach and the hype around the fights.

I highly recommend:
1. Tower of God (TOG) - Has in depth story and good world building and has no lack of fights or feats so it has what OP is lacking and is better IMO.
2. Eyeshield 21 - Sports series but my personal favorite, you will become invested in the characters and their dream just like One Piece.
3. Hunter X Hunter - I think everyone explained this one already
4. The Heroic Legend of Arslan - I love kingdom but this is better story telling and has the same author as FMA. Check it out.
5. Vinland Saga - Has a nice slow start with a great build up. An amazing historical series.
6. Sololeveling :steef:

Lmao, are you serious?

In terms of actual storywriting the HxH manga alone is leaps and bounds ahead of the OP manga.

The only thing OP has on HxH is Oda's longetivity and work ethic (bringing out a chapter almost every week). Other than that - nothing.

If you talk anime only, it's not even a competition. HxH blows OP out of the park. There is a reason the HxH anime is ranked as the #37 series of all time on IMDB (third best anime behind only FMAB and Death Note), whereas OP is #89.
What about their manga rating on mal dirty ass larry ?
Post automatically merged:

There is no manga better than op , so you can just reread it .
Plus what are you talking about is repeated formula not plot

I watched the Beserk anime and now this thread has convinced me to pick up the manga and give it go.

To answer the question I consider many series better than One Piece. One Piece has the best story telling and world building but thats pretty much it. I much rather Bleach and the hype around the fights.

I highly recommend:
1. Tower of God (TOG) - Has in depth story and good world building and has no lack of fights or feats so it has what OP is lacking and is better IMO.
2. Eyeshield 21 - Sports series but my personal favorite, you will become invested in the characters and their dream just like One Piece.
3. Hunter X Hunter - I think everyone explained this one already
4. The Heroic Legend of Arslan - I love kingdom but this is better story telling and has the same author as FMA. Check it out.
5. Vinland Saga - Has a nice slow start with a great build up. An amazing historical series.
6. Sololeveling :steef:
Tower of god is goated :steef::steef:

As far as Shonen battle manga go? There is not much that compares and competes with One Piece.
Shonen (like) manga:
Kingdon (ongoing) - probably the most consistent manga I read currently. The story is historical fiction and is amazing and the art this man puts out on a weekly basis is damn good.
Feng Shen Ji (manhua) - I love everything about this story. It also helps that my favorite anime/manga character of all time hails from this series as well. Excellent fights, power system, and plot.
Tower of God - the world that SIU has built is one of the deepest and most expansive. Many great characters and the plot are fantastic. I have read this series religiously since it was recommended to me back in 2012. SIU is also one of the most dedicated authors who produce high quality work on a weekly basis and has an extensive blog post he uses to convey many different things to the fans

Non-Shonen manga:
Monster and Pluto - pretty much anything by Naoki Urasawa. This man is a God among Mangaka. Billy Bat is also amazing, and I am currently reading 20th Century Boys
Berserk
- it's Berserk if you do not know what this is you should really take a look. Not much to say that has not a
VInland Saga (ongoing) - I am still reading this on though I am not fully caught up. The first major saga is one of the best and on par with Berserk imo
Kiseijuu (aka Parasyte) - this manga was written in the 80's and 90's. Great story from start to finish and great characters. Just a treat that doesn't get the praise it deserves, even though the anime adaptation was recent and basically a perfect 1:1 retelling just updated for the modern day.

Tower of God - the world that SIU has built is one of the deepest and most expansive. Many great characters and the plot are fantastic. I have read this series religiously since it was recommended to me back in 2012. SIU is also one of the most dedicated authors who produce high quality work on a weekly basis and has an extensive blog post he uses to convey many different things to the fans
TOg is goated :steef::steef:

Personally naruto and bleach are superior imo