Manga Discussion Series better than One piece

1. Kingdom : If you are looking for a weekly alternative.
  2. Berserk : Masterpiece. Author recently passed away but you must read his work .
  3. Vagabond : Another unfinished Masterpiece.
  4. Feng Shin Ji 1 and 2 : Fantastic visuals. Similar to OP in powers.
  5. Full Metal Alchemist : Wonderful series
  6. HxH : Watch anime
  7. Bleach : Previous big 3 . Go for anime
  8. Steins ; Gate : If you are into scific and time traveling stuff
  9. Death Note : Masterpiece
  10. Monster : Masterpiece
  11. Cowboy Beboop : Anime Masterpiece
  12. Samurai Champloo : Anime
  13. Noragami : Monthly series , highly recommended
  14. One Punch Man : Monthly Series , highly recommended
  15. Seven deadly sins
  16. My hero Academia : Another weekly series
  17. Attack on Titan
  18. Beelzebub
  19. D Gray Man
  20. Hellsing

for me One Piece it not that good on some aspect... but its already manifested in me.. so its kinda hard to let it go lmao

But Cowboy Bebop, AoT, Death Note, Chainsaw Man are good

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Here is how I view it:

There is no better Shounen, and if there is then Demon Slayer is the closest competetor.

Outside of shounen anime there are still alot of anime that will top One Piece...writing wise, plotwise and fightwise.

I think Re:ZERO as anime and as written material is a nemesis to One Piece.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Dragon Maid is also a gem that quite contests all other anime and it came out of nowhere.

After decades my taste has refined and that's what I can say for sure.

Oh and then there is Berserk...its where art is topping One Piece in every single pixel of its panels. Didnt read it but I saw enough and heard enough.

One Piece isnt the sole top in anything. There will always be contenders and those contenders will have moments in which they outshine One Piece for sure.

Here is how I view it:

There is no better Shounen, and if there is then Demon Slayer is the closest competetor.

Outside of shounen anime there are still alot of anime that will top One Piece...writing wise, plotwise and fightwise.

I think Re:ZERO as anime and as written material is a nemesis to One Piece.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Dragon Maid is also a gem that quite contests all other anime and it came out of nowhere.

After decades my taste has refined and that's what I can say for sure.

Oh and then there is Berserk...its where art is topping One Piece in every single pixel of its panels. Didnt read it but I saw enough and heard enough.

One Piece isnt the sole top in anything. There will always be contenders and those contenders will have moments in which they outshine One Piece for sure.
Late reply but define better?

There are Shounen that have different emphasis and do stuff a lot better, and there is stuff One Piece does better.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Late reply but define better?

There are Shounen that have different emphasis and do stuff a lot better, and there is stuff One Piece does better.
Better...hmmm its just better for me and better on how I sense it around me. And I think once its done it will leave the biggest impact on the after generation than any anime show ever. But you are right too, that is also something I tried to tell when I mentioned that Demon Slayer is the closest competetor. Because it does something different and does it better. Same arguments can be thrown at Bleach, Naruto, MHA, Black Clover, JJK and Chainsaw Man.

Better...hmmm its just better for me and better on how I sense it around me. And I think once its done it will leave the biggest impact on the after generation than any anime show ever. But you are right too, that is also something I tried to tell when I mentioned that Demon Slayer is the closest competetor. Because it does something different and does it better. Same arguments can be thrown at Bleach, Naruto, MHA, Black Clover, JJK and Chainsaw Man.
I agree with that. Whoever has been in Japan has seen the huge impact One Piece has had on pop culture that frankly was not seen before in manga land. Dragonball had a huge influence as well but it was not remotely as widespread as One Piece, though the newer generation has moved to newer things for now.

Just saying that cultural impact does not necessarily have to correlate with being better.

Shounen off the top of my head that do particular things better than One Piece:

FMA - much tighter and well thought out narrative
SnK - Danger actually had consequences
HxH - much better powersystem and intellectually more satisfying for the most part
Slam Dunk/Beck/Eyeshield 21 - Much more satisfying hero´s journey

In turn OP really excels at two things: World-building and incorporation of themes. That´s why i will always rate OP high despite its shortcomings narratively, but at the same time can say there are other titles that do certain stuff better.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
In turn OP really excels at two things: World-building and incorporation of themes. That´s why i will always rate OP high despite its shortcomings narratively, but at the same time can say there are other titles that do certain stuff better.
that was beautifully said

Better is subjective and are you looking for bigger series or smaller ones?

Bigger --

--Tower of god
--Naruto/Bleach
--Saint seiya lost canvas
--Kimetsu no yaiba
--Jujutsu kaisen
--HXH
--Yu yu Haksuho
--Black clover
--Seven deadly sins
--Tokyo ghoul
--My hero academia

Smaller

--Death note
--Code geass
--Attack on titan
--Utawarerumono
--Hellsing

Last edited:
Ravages of Time seems pretty good if you read and liked Kingdom you will like that series also, tho I haven't read much of it I am only like 3 chapters in, but it's being recommended a lot and it seems underrated/lack of popularity yet so throwing it out there

Is there someone who considers HxH better? I don't see it except for the soundtracks and a few other things.
Lmao, are you serious?

In terms of actual storywriting the HxH manga alone is leaps and bounds ahead of the OP manga.

The only thing OP has on HxH is Oda's longetivity and work ethic (bringing out a chapter almost every week). Other than that - nothing.

If you talk anime only, it's not even a competition. HxH blows OP out of the park. There is a reason the HxH anime is ranked as the #37 series of all time on IMDB (third best anime behind only FMAB and Death Note), whereas OP is #89.