General & Others The go to lines for any criticisms targeted at One Piece

This forum is also becoming similar to reddit with it's cult like mentally amoungts it's users.

You easily get labelled a hater for criticism of it and the mob attacks you for being legitimately critical.
Lol nah, I wouldn't go that far. This forum by far is the best, even the mods are chill. But you do definitely get labeled and attacked here but that is okay with me as long as it doesn't get too personal like HA001 dude. Not sure why he gets so offended or bothered.

I didn't prove your point, I corrected it. Yes, there's a million pointless things going on - that doesn't mean the pace is slow, it just means that you get too many (unwanted) happenings.

So it's pointless characters which are the issue, not the pace. The Scabbards are a waste of space. Oden is an abomination. But, Beast pirates are hella fun, and so are the SHs this arc so for me the Scabbards don't matter as much.
So this is when we should define pace because I think you and I have different definitions.
Post automatically merged:

He's just cranky 24/7 :catblush:
Lol the guy needs to chill a bit and go get some exercise. He acts like I insulted his mother.

Like for example, answer me a very simple question
Give me 5 Arcs that you love from One Piece?
@Salah WG Almost every arc pretime skip I liked. I even kinda liked Fishman Island other than the Hody Jones nonsense. I also liked Zou.

Last edited:
I just want to address this because I see these one liners all the time. The go to lines for any criticism targeted at One Piece:
  1. It's because you're reading it weekly, wait until the arc is over then reread it.
  2. If you don't like it, then stop reading it.
  3. Did you even read the manga? This is how One Piece always been.
  4. Reading is subjective.
  5. It didn't go your way therefore you are mad.
  6. One Piece is popular therefore it must be good
The counter arguments:
  1. I read Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, Demon Slayer, so many other mangas weekly and guess what I didn't have the same issues with them as I did One Piece. Also, I reread Dressrosa and WCI and it was even worse in the reread because you notice lots of pointless story lines.
  2. If someone stops reading the manga, it doesn't magically make the story stop being bad. Also, you are admitting you don't want to hear criticism and just want to hear positivity which I totally understand because you don't want someone to ruin the experience for you HOWEVER it's been 25 years and over 1000+ chapters, so at some point there are limits.
  3. Yes, and that is the issue. It is the same copy and paste of previous arcs over and over again but with a larger, boring cast and a longer time span. Why would we want a cut, copy and paste of a Walmart version of Alabasta but with double the length?
  4. If Oda draws Luffy taking a number 2 would it still be "subjective"? There are certain aspects of story telling that isn't subjective and Luffy taking a number 2 is one of those aspects that aren't subjective and is just bad writing.
  5. When an author spends 8 years hyping up a single arc, then spends additional four years on that same arc, you expect certain big reveals because that is what the author has been setting up. If he doesn't meet those expectations then it is totally acceptable to criticize it and start questioning the point of the huge amount of build up.
  6. Britney Spears was very popular, that doesn't make her a good singer. Ashley Simpson was very popular, that doesn't make her a good singer, etc.. Popularity has nothing to do with quality.
Yes its trueee
And pne piece in this forum are toxic
They constanly butt heart by small criticism
One piece its not even that good anymore
One piece suck because of wano arc
The hype of wano arc are really huge, oda even said wano are more bettee than marineford
But what we get??
A stupid plot armor and lazy story
This is the worst arc because they failed to deliver what hyped that they created

Will you ever stop crying ?
Will you ever stop be a simp ?

You are right to a degree.
But why are your still reading a series that you don't enjoy? Genuinely curious.
It just feels so disappointed when you hype for a decade but what they deliver are garbage story

You hate op we get it
But you’re trying too hard to make hating one piece a personality
No, OP are telling the truth
You just simp a garbage story and doesnt want to hear a criticism

This coming from the guy who constantly makes threads on something he hates
Just to cry
Heed your own advice loser
OP not a loser, I am too are big fans of one piece but OP telling the truth, I agree every single opinion he said. But you in other hand are just a simp
And butt heart when hear criticism
What a baby

Last edited:
I just want to address this because I see these one liners all the time. The go to lines for any criticism targeted at One Piece:
  1. It's because you're reading it weekly, wait until the arc is over then reread it.
  2. If you don't like it, then stop reading it.
  3. Did you even read the manga? This is how One Piece always been.
  4. Reading is subjective.
  5. It didn't go your way therefore you are mad.
  6. One Piece is popular therefore it must be good
The counter arguments:
  1. I read Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, Demon Slayer, so many other mangas weekly and guess what I didn't have the same issues with them as I did One Piece. Also, I reread Dressrosa and WCI and it was even worse in the reread because you notice lots of pointless story lines.
  2. If someone stops reading the manga, it doesn't magically make the story stop being bad. Also, you are admitting you don't want to hear criticism and just want to hear positivity which I totally understand because you don't want someone to ruin the experience for you HOWEVER it's been 25 years and over 1000+ chapters, so at some point there are limits.
  3. Yes, and that is the issue. It is the same copy and paste of previous arcs over and over again but with a larger, boring cast and a longer time span. Why would we want a cut, copy and paste of a Walmart version of Alabasta but with double the length?
  4. If Oda draws Luffy taking a number 2 would it still be "subjective"? There are certain aspects of story telling that isn't subjective and Luffy taking a number 2 is one of those aspects that aren't subjective and is just bad writing.
  5. When an author spends 8 years hyping up a single arc, then spends additional four years on that same arc, you expect certain big reveals because that is what the author has been setting up. If he doesn't meet those expectations then it is totally acceptable to criticize it and start questioning the point of the huge amount of build up.
  6. Britney Spears was very popular, that doesn't make her a good singer. Ashley Simpson was very popular, that doesn't make her a good singer, etc.. Popularity has nothing to do with quality.
I don’t hate OP, I still love the main characters and the world and everything about it. I just absolutely despise everything to do with Wano. The side characters, the plotlines, the fights. Even Kaido has been boring and disappointing to me until the latest chapter. I’m reading weekly just to get to the end of Wano so I can actually see the good stuff I like about OP again

Last edited:
Sheesh.

Threads like this are why worstgen is the literal trash bin of the One Piece fandom.

Nothing but trash takes and fake critics.