General & Others Yonko crew: the Big Mom Pirates

I think that this crew is really belittled because of their looks, but they are one of the deadliest there is. Their main weakness is how prone to tampers their captain is, because it hamper their ability to trust each others to save their lives.

But their might, combined with the variety of their powers and abilities and their network of spies, makes them truly a deadly force for almost everyone !

Since the chapter when she met Streussen when Linlin as 6 years old
I always asked myself how big the crew of Big Mom truly is

I mean its the oldest crew of the 4 yonkos out there
she started her career when she was 6 years old so before her children were even born
she had prob a main crew with whom she conquered the seas out there

chapter: 868

So the question is when she didn't have her children and even after she bore then until they would grow to be a real asset
many years or even decades would have past

if we assume she was 5-6 years old when she started her career and had her first child with 18 ( 12 years without children and until they grow to be a real asset lets say 20 years old ( which is still young)

32 years past in the meantime who were Linlins executives that sailed with her ?

though one can assume some retired even then the second generation who should be around 60 years old and should still be active
I mean what we saw until from her crew even at the tea party where just her children even her detour to the Rocks Pirate, when she was 28 years, doesn't change the fact she had an active empire and crew at the same time

We will prob see her officers or saw some of them

chapter : 829

there is a lot of more probably

I also think amongst the yonko Big Mom easily has the strongest military might
she doesnt just have a crew like Shanks or Whitebeard with whom she sails

She is like BB and Kaido
Though BB is on a city island ( small Island) and Kaido controls a big island like alabasta but her HQ is even bigger than them
she has 35 islands as one territory plus islands she protects like territories other as other yonkos but just having 35 islands makes her territory the biggest we saw until today I mean Wano and Alabsta are also many times bigger than dressrosa , zou or BB-Island but compared to her 35 islands not that big

Kaido and Whitebeard started 33 years ago as captain but Linlin started before 63 years nearly double the time
So Big Mom is also not like the others she has a big kingdom and a pirate crew

So if we separate empire and crew and then if we take alabasta or Sandy Island as a comparison which has a population of 10 Milion and an army of 600.000 though fodders and if we consider Totland at least that big or bigger
and the loss of 10.000 armies which weren't a big deal for them
Totlands Royal Army prob has 300.000-1.000.000 soldiers though to add there not that strong fodders like the 100k of fishman island or alabasta kingdoms army

And the crew, if we add information about the BP and the Infos about WBP in the novel, is prob also has several ten thousand members

So her crew is prob not bigger than Kaidos or Whitebeards but add her kingdom and she has more manpower though I think the crew are compromised of elite warriors and the army is more like fodder like the one germa trashed or alabastas army

So Big Moms advantage is her large kingdom but also since its large she can't move out such a big army which prob just exist to protect her large empire and her crew is handling external matter outside the empire

I'm amazed how big Big Moms empire is and let's just hope the alliance of Kaido and Big Mom will terrorize the world so we can see the full might of her and Kaidos combined armies

So to sum it up we barely saw her full might be it her executives, army, crew or her own true strength people tend to underestimate Big Mom because she is a bit stupid but just think about the possibilities she can use her soul power she could easily replicate Enels lighting rain add large hurricanes ( look at how large a hurricane can be ) or create siberian weather conditions or give her soul to the earth and change the terrain

she could let it rain create and tornado and add thunder there she would combine water , lighting and wind and spam those attacks

People need to respect Big Mom more
Oda severly nerfed otherwise she would destroy any island in blink of a second

Last edited:
I think that this crew is really belittled because of their looks
Can't speak for everyone else, but their designs have nothing to do with their rep, I personally think they're the worst crew because:
1.) They are massively incompetent/underwhelming as antagonists. Can't get Brook away from Big Meme? Eh, put in a replacement skeleton, I'm sure she won't notice it now has seaweed for hair. Vinsmokes are being held at gunpoint? Hm, have Perospero turn into a brainless fool and copy Dio or Meruem's speech while taunting them even after another order from Katakuri. How can the SHs get out when Smoothie is there? Easy, just have her practice her vanishing act with Compote. Katakuri is on the Sunny? Um, have him kind of forget it'd be a good idea to destroy it until after he's off of it. Big Meme is chasing the SHs? Uh...turn her into a laughingstock who can only hit part of a tree, and have one of her personal Homies get stolen by Nami, I'm sure this will sit well with the fans.
2.) They didn't live up to their hype. Compare them to Baroque Works, who pushed the SHs to their limits, Magellan, who had the entire escape team running for the hills, the C3, who gave the SHs some of their worst defeats, etc. The Big Mom Pirates are a top 4 crew, they should have been a lot tougher/menacing than previous foes, but they weren't. Whenever the likes of Magellan or Kizaru showed up, I thought to myself, "oh shit, it's Magellan/Kizaru! How are they going to get out of this?!" But whenever Big Meme or the Meme Team showed up, I thought, "oh shit, it's Big Meme/the Meme Team. How is Oda going to screw them over now?"
And 3.) that Oda hands them Ls at every opportunity he can get. In Wano alone, Big Meme and her crew got wrecked by King as soon as they arrived, Big Meme became Chopper's personal plot device, and then Queen brought her to Kaido wrapped in Seastone chains. As @Owl Ki mentioned earlier, if their own creator doesn't care about them, why should we?

@Rmstorm "Whitebeard's crew with his allies was already confirmed to be largest amongst the Yonko. His forces were 100 000 strong. "
I didnt read that he has 100k men but Big Mom has an large empire and a crew
The empire didnt even flinch that they lost 10.000 men against Germa 66 but quality over quantity
her royal army is like alabastas or dressrosa her crew which has prob several ten thousands is inferior to WBs army

I can't stand the hate BM gets. She and her crew make the new era. It pisses me off hearing that Kidd or whatever as any chance of killing her. Eutass ain't got nothing on BM sass. Lola. Well I would of abandoned that piece of scum daughter too. Organizing some dick and you make BM look like the prick? Ungrateful c u and t word.

I can't stand the hate BM gets. She and her crew make the new era. It pisses me off hearing that Kidd or whatever as any chance of killing her. Eutass ain't got nothing on BM sass. Lola. Well I would of abandoned that piece of scum daughter too. Organizing some dick and you make BM look like the prick? Ungrateful c u and t word.
Why? Kidd is the Shiki of the worst generation. He'll easily be one of the top 5 strongest pirates by EoS and he is consistently portrayed as a rival of Luffy.

As of now, there are only 4 CoC users in wano. two on the Rocks alliance side, Kaido and Big Mom, and two on the pirate-ninja-mink alliance side, Luffy and Kidd.

When you look at how much Oda has paralleled Luffy and Kidd, I think its clear to see what he is setting up.

Yep they managed to defeat Pedro Crew, Urouge Crew, Apoo Crews and Capone Cree

Yep I am pretty sure that Big Mom will be present during Elbaf arc and Kid is far from being strong enough to take her on.
Plus his beef is with Kaido and he will surely help Luffy take him down.

I don't understand why Big Mom and the Big Mom pirates attract so much blind hatred.

While I had my issues with it, WCI was still a pretty good arc and had a lot of really interesting moments. The Big mom pirates were the first pirate crew, at least to my knowledge, to take Luffy as a serious threat and not underestimate him. They weren't incompetent, lol. They only lost because they were betrayed by their own crew and were at times seriously unlucky.

Like look.
  • When Luffy first came to WCI, BM spared no time in sending scrubs to take out Luffy. She sent Cracker, one of her strongest subordinates to take him out. Luffy struggled greatly against cracker and most likely would have never defeated him if not for the fact that the combined power of Nami's weather abilities and Luffy's bottomless rubber stomach could coincidentally counter Cracker's DF, as well as BM's vivre card making the homies, who would have otherwise killed Nami, into pawns that Nami could control and use against cracker. Honestly if not for that vivre card, Luffy would have been dead.
  • then there was the enraged army which captured Luffy and Nami. They only broke out of the book prison because they were saved by Jinbe.
  • Then again at the tea party where the Luffy x Capone alliance failed to kill BM in her weakest possible state, BM would have killed them yet again if not for the tamatebako conveniently exploding
The thing I love about the BMP is that even when the enraged BM was chasing after the SHP, you still had Katakuri going to the Sunny to make sure that even if the SHs could survive BM, there was absolutely zero chance they could escape.

they're many things, but incompetent isn't one of them.

What about Hawkins ? He could be considered the rookie gen shiku. So could easily Drake and Law.
Because Kidd has better portrayal than all of them. Out of the entire supernovas, only two of them have CoC. Luffy and Kidd.

In the case of Hawkins specifically, we know he's far from being the strongest supernova with both Law and Zoro getting better portrayal than him. Hell, even page 1 got better portrayal than him.

Drake isn't even a pirate. Law might be but isn't portrayed as a rival to Luffy on the same extent as Kidd.

Yep I am pretty sure that Big Mom will be present during Elbaf arc and Kid is far from being strong enough to take her on.
Plus his beef is with Kaido and he will surely help Luffy take him down.
If both Luffy and Kidd focus on Kaido then that leaves nobody to take out big mom. Which means that Big Mom would have to, yet again, be taken out by plot.

after all the hype Rocks 2.0 has been given, it would be such a waste for Oda to not give BM a true defeat. After being a main antagonist two arcs in a row, BM deserves to fall in Wano and she deserves to fall good. Could Kidd beat her 1v1? No. But I think Oda made a point where he had both Kidd and Law reacting to the BM kaido alliance and not Luffy.

I think you'll see a thing where despite Kidd doing a majority of work and taking a majority of the credit, Law will also play a big role in taking down BM. I could also see Zoro helping out as BM is a swordsman.

If both Luffy and Kidd focus on Kaido then that leaves nobody to take out big mom. Which means that Big Mom would have to, yet again, be taken out by plot.

after all the hype Rocks 2.0 has been given, it would be such a waste for Oda to not give BM a true defeat. After being a main antagonist two arcs in a row, BM deserves to fall in Wano and she deserves to fall good. Could Kidd beat her 1v1? No. But I think Oda made a point where he had both Kidd and Law reacting to the BM kaido alliance and not Luffy.

I think you'll see a thing where despite Kidd doing a majority of work and taking a majority of the credit, Law will also play a big role in taking down BM. I could also see Zoro helping out as BM is a swordsman.
As I have said before I strongly think that Big Mom is bound to return to Elbaf and it would not make sense or have a real symbolic if she is defeated while most of her crew and children, including the one who's the most likely to succeed her as the new captain of the BMP and ruler of Totto Land Katakuri and the one with who her pirate career started Streusen, and one of her Special Homies Prometheus, are absent from Wano.
And Luffy may need all the help he can to take down Kaido who may be his hardest fight so far and knowing all the twists and ridiculous plot things he used with her I wouldn't be surprised if BM doesn't get defeated during the battle against Kaido or that she gets another O-Lin moment.