Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee and Neji sould be the real MC. Lee is the real zero to hero who worked very hard with his own power. And Neji is genius one.
But instead we got Naruto and Sasuke who got godlike power because they're dying at the same time, while the main villain need post dying plan to have that power.

Yeah, P1 Naruto still better. Post ts Naruto too focused on uchiha with their almighty eye that can do everything and a lot of people have Hashirama cell bullshit for power up.
:catcry:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Loving the Zabuza praise out there. Waves and Zabuza+ Haku perfectly set up the series. Established what it meant to be a shinobi, what the world was like, but it didn't leave it bleak and depressing. Opened up that window of hope that things could and will get better.
Definitely. Was just about to talk a bit more on it. The hand to hand fighting, the ninja-esque techs, stealth, silent killing, kunai, etc, was what made Naruto great for me in part 1. I do like the latter battles, but it became a battle of who has the bigger megazord. I miss the ninjas in Naruto lmao.
Hand to hand and the ninja tools gave combat a very visceral and realistic tone which I appreciated, including added elements of strategy. Not to say later Naruto didn't possess those, but the more chakra/elemental based abilities was different. I like them both, I just wish later Naruto was a better blend of big jutsu and hand to hand.

N

NeutralWatcher

I remember being bored out of my mind when we were focused exclusively on the 2 brothers fighting the Cloud Ninjas. I get wanting to show the scale of the war, but the Cloud Ninja were so underdeveloped and their opponents so uninteresting, what was the point? More time could've been spent on giving several of the Konoha rookies needed fights and development.
I think to hype Kumo. None of Akatsuki is from Kumo. I agree Konoha rookies are so underdeveloped.
Definitely. Was just about to talk a bit more on it. The hand to hand fighting, the ninja-esque techs, stealth, silent killing, kunai, etc, was what made Naruto great for me in part 1. I do like the latter battles, but it became a battle of who has the bigger megazord. I miss the ninjas in Naruto lmao.

Yup. That fight in the anime was brilliant. Hand to hand combat, no throwing huge jutsu at each other, but truly a ninja fight.

Gated Lee can give him a run. 6/7 gates I mean. With the 8 gate he deffo wins.

Neji was hype all through part 1. He didn't deserve to die to bring closer Naruto and Hinata.
I think Lee hasn't mastered 8 gates. I think he will win but dies later on kinda like double edged sword.

Neji is the strongest rookie in part 1. He should be as strong as Gaara. I think there are many ways for Kishimoto to bring Naruto amd Hinata together instead of sacrificing Neji.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Ginkaku and Kinkaku were there so the Juubi could be reborn without killing Naruto. Both possessed portions of the Kyuubi's chakra, and them being sealed in a way that even Edo Tensei couldn't dispell allowed for Obito to not kill Naruto and bring the Juubi back.,
Lee and Neji sould be the real MC. Lee is the real zero to hero who worked very hard with his own power. And Neji is genius one.
But instead we got Naruto and Sasuke who got godlike power because they're dying at the same time, while the main villain need post dying plan to have that power.

Yeah, P1 Naruto still better. Post ts Naruto too focused on uchiha with their almighty eye that can do everything and a lot of people have Hashirama cell bullshit for power up.
:catcry:
That Ashura bullshit annoyed me to no end lmao.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I tried getting into Boruto, but it's a tough pill to swallow. There is zero emotional connection with any of the new characters:kayneshrug:
Same here. I don't get it. No investment in it. What gets me is the fact that Boruto will probably be stronger than Naruto. That was a turn off for me immediately.

Loving the Zabuza praise out there. Waves and Zabuza+ Haku perfectly set up the series. Established what it meant to be a shinobi, what the world was like, but it didn't leave it bleak and depressing. Opened up that window of hope that things could and will get better.
Precisely. As @KiriNigiri said, I rarely, almost never get emotional over manga panels or anime scenes, but damn that Zabuza and haku got me.

That hype moment when Zabuza takes care of the people on the bridge with a kunai in his mouth was amazing.

Hand to hand and the ninja tools gave combat a very visceral and realistic tone which I appreciated, including added elements of strategy. Not to say later Naruto didn't possess those, but the more chakra/elemental based abilities was different. I like them both, I just wish later Naruto was a better blend of big jutsu and hand to hand.
Hit the nail on the head. I like the latter battles, it's just that they could have incorporated more hand to hand combat in it, there was a glimpse of it in the early stages of Naruto vs Pain, and then became who can dish out more chakra.

I think to hype Kumo. None of Akatsuki is from Kumo. I agree Konoha rookies are so underdeveloped.

I think Lee hasn't mastered 8 gates. I think he will win but dies later on kinda like double edged sword.

Neji is the strongest rookie in part 1. He should be as strong as Gaara. I think there are many ways for Kishimoto to bring Naruto amd Hinata together instead of sacrificing Neji.
Hmm, I'd have to check, but I think it's likely that he already mastered it. Yeah, he dies after using it for sure.

Neji was promising, only to go out like that.

N

NeutralWatcher

Same here. I don't get it. No investment in it. What gets me is the fact that Boruto will probably be stronger than Naruto. That was a turn off for me immediately.

Precisely. As @KiriNigiri said, I rarely, almost never get emotional over manga panels or anime scenes, but damn that Zabuza and haku got me.

That hype moment when Zabuza takes care of the people on the bridge with a kunai in his mouth was amazing.

Hit the nail on the head. I like the latter battles, it's just that they could have incorporated more hand to hand combat in it, there was a glimpse of it in the early stages of Naruto vs Pain, and then became who can dish out more chakra.

Hmm, I'd have to check, but I think it's likely that he already mastered it. Yeah, he dies after using it for sure.

Neji was promising, only to go out like that.
I refer to Rock Lee in 4th Ninja War. In Boruto he should have mastered it.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Thank God it;s a good list.

I am staring to appreciate Kisame more and more as time goes.
Lmao. Of course it's a good list. My taste in Naruto characters is top tier.

Kisame gave me Zabuza vibes, but so much greater. It could be the shared, Kiri background and all that involved in the Bloody Mist, or his ultimate sacrifice. But he's easily my fave in Naruto and possibly anime.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Lmao. Of course it's a good list. My taste in Naruto characters is top tier.
Key word Naruto.

It's widely known that you have a peculiar taste, to put it nicely.

Kisame gave me Zabuza vibes, but so much greater. It could be the shared, Kiri background and all that involved in the Bloody Mist, or his ultimate sacrifice. But he's easily my fave in Naruto and possibly anime.
Didn't really feel him at first. He was overshadowed by Itachi, and that could be the reason why I didn't notice him at the beginning, but he's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.