Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the idea of "wokefying" a franchise. If you think it's too white or too male centric why not make a new one
It's intended to bring a new audience but usually it makes the old audience pissed and new fans are nowhere near as loyal as old ones. No one will be talking about this new show even months after it finishes unlike LOTR.

It's bait for lord of the rings fans.. Gotta love a cash grab that'll flop
Those forcefully woke agendas are never good. They don't know how to actually write these themes.
They just insert them in places where they don't fit and don't actually UNDERSTAND themes such as gender diversity, women's rights, anti racism etc.

Makes me think that they don't really care about the topics and just insert them because they want money from the 'minority' fanbases.
Worse....

One thing I gotta give Oda props for, is the racial diversity. It's not forced at all like Hollywood.

With Hollywood it always feels like it's some white producer behind the scenes being like "Look at how awesome I am. I casted black people in white people roles".

It's intended to bring a new audience but usually it makes the old audience pissed and new fans are nowhere near as loyal as old ones. No one will be talking about this new show even months after it finishes unlike LOTR.
yeah I understand the general gist of it but the thing is if your product is good you'll bring in a new audience regardless.

Here's how I see it, if you're using a brands name you're already trying to cater to the established audience, why alienate them by going against the lore? You're throwing away your guaranteed viewers

I don't get the idea of "wokefying" a franchise. If you think it's too white or too male centric why not make a new one
It's all about the "Message" now. They take and ruin famous franchises because they have a big fanbase to spread their stupid idiologies to. Doesn't matter how much money they'd lose or how much their creation will flop, the "Message" needs to be spread at all costs. And the sad thing is, they're succeeding.

Those forcefully woke agendas are never good. They don't know how to actually write these themes.
They just insert them in places where they don't fit and don't actually UNDERSTAND themes such as gender diversity, women's rights, anti racism etc.

Makes me think that they don't really care about the topics and just insert them because they want money from the 'minority' fanbases.

Worse....
That IS literally all it is, minority fanbases are what they are aiming for and that's all they care about.. They think older fans will just eat the series up just because it's the next part of the tale, 9/10 it fails and they lose the old fanbase and the new fanbase is mostly gone after a few months

One thing I gotta give Oda props for, is the racial diversity. It's not forced at all like Hollywood.

With Hollywood it always feels like it's some white producer behind the scenes being like "Look at how awesome I am. I casted black people in white people roles".
I absolutely HATE this.:lawsigh:
It's like whitewashing but the opposite, but just as bad.

It's all about the "Message" now. They take and ruin famous franchises because they have a big fanbase to spread their stupid idiologies to. Doesn't matter how much monet they'd lose or how much their creation will flop, the "Message" needs to be spread at all costs. And the sad thing is, they're succeeding.
Art is a way to convey messages tho, that is not really the problem. Problem is these shit writers don't know how to convey those messages without beating you over their had with it lol

Story> Message should be the goal, they do it the other way around

Status
Not open for further replies.