@Ghostly Reflections now we see the problem with Oda and his incapacity of finishing things.
He's amazing at "setting the stage".
My favorite moments in Wano are the "setups". The setup chapter of the Calamities raining down on people on the Live Floor, then Sanji and Zoro fighting them.
The Rooftop setup, with the 5 SN's staring at the 2 Yonkos, etc.
And, on a bigger scale, I like how Oda setups future conflicts. The SSG replacing the Shichibukais, the future conflict against the Navy, the new Admirals, etc.
BB going after "something, etc.
What I fear is the pay off.
Man....Oda really, REALLY likes to blue ball some developments and rush things. Then he wastes time on a bunch of useless stuff.
Have I said how much I hate the Scabbards today already? No. Well, fucking hate them. Every panel with them, or Hyori, or Momo, get on my nerves.
:whitepress:
wanna talk about setting the stage?

Zoro vs Mihawk might be one of the biggest setup fights in shounen

i can only hope he can finish it well

Or shanks meeting luffy again :brootea:
Also a pretty big setup time :kobeha:
Yeah, this one too.

I have 0 faith that I'll be satisfied with Zoro vs Mihawk.
So I don't even create any expectation.
Which might actually be what allows me to enjoy it when it happens. LMAO.
I wish i could do that. But Zoro vs Mihawk was one of those early moments of One Piece that made me really get into it. So it's tied to my enjoyment of the series as a whole. Kinda hard to eliminate my expectations for it.

G

Gorosei Informer

After all that speech from Jinbe in FI about "with Akainu on the lead, the Navy is a much more vicious force of justice".

So far...not impressed.
Exactly. With such a brutal iron fisted leader, who kills anyone without mercy and with absolution, I expected him to truly go gung ho on his extreme hate boner for pirates.

Flash forward to Punk Hazard and Dressrosa, one of the strongest Marines that we've seen was a traitor, Fujitora hard carried the Marines after they all became incompetent fodder especially Smoker, Tashigi and Maynard. Maynard was maned after the guy who killed Blackbeard IRL, ffs.

Despite how extremely impressive he was to me too and is anyway, people still clown on Fujitora out of sheer ignorance.

The Birdcage plot really didn't get that too.

With Akainu in charge, I expected for more aggressive Marine action, seeing the SSG in action too, the SHs being actively targeted and pursued due to Enies Lobby, Sabaody, Impel Down, Marineford etc.

Greatly improved and more powerful Buster Calls. More Admirals too. Completely BS excuse that they didn't have enough room for Chaton and Momousagi to join as Admirals too. Only problem is fitting them in the plot successfully I guess.

I really hope Logias and Admirals really get to live up to the hype and wank that Mythical Zoans are getting right now, somehow. People clowning on Akainu due to Kaido especially his new fire form melting Onigashima's horn and almost Luffy too.

Kaido feels more like the final boss/EOS villain tbh.

People can tell me my expectations were too high but they keep calling it peak fiction, the greatest, most unique, most untouchable series, that it's perfect and free from criticism, that OP should never end and such, but why can't Oda with all this stalling, oversaturation, expansion and such, actually give involvement to his long established, significant, idolised, hyped up characters that we've all wanted to see be relevant for YEARS on end now?

Don't get me started on waiting 2.5 decades for Shanks and Mihawk too. Although for me it's more 17 years or so. Maybe a little more.

Last edited by a moderator: