Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that fight was garbage, waste of panels, nothing memorable out of their "team" fight
Even calling it a fight is questionnable, it was basically two straw hats running away for 50 pages unable to to shit, for it to end with BM deus ex machina that basically one shot their opponents. No display of strenght, no display of strategy, no grow, fucking nothing. I honestly think they would have been better off fighting random headliners because IMO this was more insulting than anything. I have no problem with the idea that the weakest straw hats weren't vet level, but then why even pair them against such opponents to begin with? Stupid filler

Even calling a fight is questionnable, it was basically two straw hats running away for 50 pages unable to to shit, for it to end with BM deus ex machina that basically one shot their opponents. No display of strenght, no display of strategy, no grow, fucking nothing. I honestly think they would have been better off fighting random headliners because IMO this was more insulting than anything. I have no problem with the idea that the weakest straw hats weren't vet level, but then why even pair them against such opponents to begin with? Stupid filler
I think it was supposed to be a callback to the conversation that they had about being tortured earlier in Wano but it didn’t feel like it went anywhere, was dumb

I think it was supposed to be a callback to the conversation that they had about being tortured earlier in Wano but it didn’t feel like it went anywhere, was dumb
The thing is that it went for too long for something that peaked at the beginning. The only interesting moment is Nami's display of loyalty in Luffy, but that happened in the first round. Then the fight went on for 20 more chapters, :zosleepy:

Even calling it a fight is questionnable, it was basically two straw hats running away for 50 pages unable to to shit, for it to end with BM deus ex machina that basically one shot their opponents. No display of strenght, no display of strategy, no grow, fucking nothing. I honestly think they would have been better off fighting random headliners because IMO this was more insulting than anything. I have no problem with the idea that the weakest straw hats weren't vet level, but then why even pair them against such opponents to begin with? Stupid filler
Usopp, Brook and Chopper all better get legitimate fights next arc. At least Nami got "something" I suppose. I will forever be sad Oda didn't capitalize on this properly

Status
Not open for further replies.