[FNZ] Role Madness Game 04: Bleach Soul Society Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Host: @Flower .
Coached by: @AL sama .

Welcome everyone to Soul Society! A place where the dead gather and Shinigami fights are daily routine.
This is the game thread!

Rules and Gameplay:

1. Claiming: Claiming is NOT allowed. This will be a complete non claiming game. This includes character
claiming and info sharing. If you go against this rule I reserve the right to mod kill you.
2. Voting: To vote, please bold your vote and post "Vote lynch..." . Tagging me is not required, but I strongly
recommend that since it ensures I won't miss any votes.
3. Posting: You must post at least 5 times a day phase. Less posts will result in mod block for the following night
phase and the next time will result in replacement or mod kill.
4. Cycles: This game will feature a 24h DP followed by a 24h NP.
5. Plurality Lynch: The Player with the most votes on them at the end of the DP shall be lynched.

WARNING: THIS GAME MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN BASTARD MECHANICS!

Players:

1. @Denim
4. @Kiwipom (sub for Neutral Watcher)
6. @Jack
7. @All_Red
8. @Reborn (sub for Al)
11. @Akai2
13. @krogothwolf

Phases:

Dead players:
@Finalbeta (Town, lynched D1)
@playa4321 (Town, killed N1)
@Noctis (Town, killed N1)
@TheAncientCenturion (modkilled D2)
@Rej (Town, lynched D2)
@Finalbeta 2.0 (Town, killed N2)
@Celestia (Third Party, lynched D3)
@MonkeyD.Luffy (Town, lynched D4)

DO NOT POST!!!

Last edited:
"The Ryoka have invaded Soul Society! Everyone, capture them! Dead or Alive!"

Alarm bells were heard throughout Soul Society, warning the Shinigami of the invading threat.

They have come to save Rukia from her imminent execution.

With that, DAY 1 has begun. There are 4 DAYs remaining until the execution.

You have 24h to discuss among yourselves.

So any clue? How many indie, mafia and townie do you guys think?
Very hard to tell at the first stage of this early game. The last one we had 15player as right now, then we had 4 scumms and one-two indies(if we count Doffy as special one) and also two townie groups with different group.

I think we can expect again 3-4scumms and two indies..
We must look about character descript when people her get lynched, so we can get more informations.

N

NeutralWatcher

Very hard to tell at the first stage of this early game. The last one we had 15player as right now, then we had 4 scumms and one-two indies(if we count Doffy as special one) and also two townie groups with different group.

We must look about character descript when people her get lynched, so we can get more informations.
From last game, DR resident is townie. Do you think Soul Society or Ichigo team is townie in this game?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
This game can potentially feature bastard mechanics. A common bastard mechanic I recall going by my experience consisted of the host providing fake character reveals, in order to confuse the game. So Town will have to be particularly careful about such possibility.

N

NeutralWatcher

So 10-3-2 or 9-4-2. I can see that possibility.

Do you think Soul Society or Ichigo team is townie in this game?
Can´t still say much in this early stage of the game, we need first to check up the roles.
And pls not forget this big note:
1. Claiming: Claiming is NOT allowed. This will be a complete non claiming game. This includes character
claiming and info sharing. If you go against this rule I reserve the right to mod kill you.
Claiming is not allowed as in the last game, pls users take care!!

N

NeutralWatcher

With claiming not allowed, the best we can do is see reactions of each players to determine whether they are townie or scum.

N

NeutralWatcher

Going by manga logic whoever is sided with Rukia is supposed to be Town. Last game didn't follow it, but this doesn't necessarily mean this is going to be the case here.
Townie doesn't always mean protagonist. Townie can also resident of Soul Society.

C

Celestia

so I think also role claiming is banned so it's only on reads

also 4 mafias -> 3x4+1 = 13 townie which don't make a sense considering only 15
so I guess 3 mafias with 10 townies and 2 indies or 3 mafs 1 indie and 11 townies
4 mafias is unlikely and 11 town (cuz 4 mafia and indie will be too much)

also guys character claiming is not allowed so we shouldn't consider now which char is mafia or not

so I think also role claiming is banned so it's only on reads

also 4 mafias -> 3x4+1 = 13 townie which don't make a sense considering only 15
so I guess 3 mafias with 10 townies and 2 indies or 3 mafs 1 indie and 11 townies
4 mafias is unlikely and 11 town (cuz 4 mafia and indie will be too much)

also guys character claiming is not allowed so we shouldn't consider now which char is mafia or not
Agreed.

3 mafia is most likely the ideal number
Knowing Al the indies could be more side aligned then simple survivor. So could be town aligned, mafia aligned or a straight up murderer.

I see...what are these bastard mechanics possibly? Anyone wanna reference me some old ones? Im used to playing regular mafia :catblush:
Al had a game where every role had hidden mechanics, as in the player didn't know about them and a role that could investigate tghem. The person with the invest ability was an idiot and didn't explain that to people so he revealed the hidden mechanics of townies by making it seem like the person knew about them. Even defending by explaining why didn't help and townies had to town and lynched people based on that.

I see...what are these bastard mechanics possibly? Anyone wanna reference me some old ones? Im used to playing regular mafia :catblush:
From mafiascum wiki:

Bastard Mod

Bastard Mod, usually shortened to Bastard, can ambiguously refer to a type of role, a type of game, or a mod who runs bastard games and/or uses bastard roles.
The exact definition of "bastard" varies from person to person according to their likes and dislikes; however, the following traits are usually common.
  • The moderator lies to players, either in their Role PMs (as in False roles) or in their revealed information (as in Death Miller).
  • The game incorporates significant game-changing mechanics (Cult being a notorious example) that affects players who may not know about them.
  • The game incorporates roles that are inconvenient to play with, such as Votelessor Suicidal.
A common shorthand definition of a bastard mod game is that it is designed mostly for the moderator's amusement more than that of the players.
Bastard games are notoriously difficult to do well. Most moderators' bastard setups will be imbalanced or not fun for some other reason. This doesn't stop them many moderators from trying to run them, though.
Bastard Mod games should not be confused with bad games, which are self-explanatory. However, the line between the two tends to be dangerously thin. If players called your game "bastard" when you were not actively trying to make it one, you should consider getting your next setup looked over by better reviewers.
On mafiascum.net, several Queue threads require a game with any of the mechanics in the list below to be labelled as "bastard":
  • Cults
  • mid-game alignment changes
  • moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine, but telling someone they are a Reflexive Doctor when they're actually a Paranoid Gun Owner is not)
  • secret win conditions
  • un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation
  • direct moderator influence during the game
This is best seen as a list of mechanics that are both a) commonly seen as bastard, and b) sufficiently commonly used in games to need a rule against them. (There are some mechanics, such as Jesters, which are considered to be bastard by many players despite not appearing on this list, but moderators rarely place Jesters in non-Opengames and thus players are normally forewarned in that situation.)

Status
Not open for further replies.