Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paperchampion23
While Oda didn't answer everything, I feel lot of stuff got addressed in this chapter. Where did Kaido come from, how he met Rocks Pirates, how he found about Wano with some explanations about his ideas and why he is like this according to Eten. Ticking bomb getting defused by Momo combined with the chapter ending with a flashback of Kaido telling King that Joy Boy will be the one to defeat as he fall after losing his clash against Luffy island sized punch. This does feel like a decent enough end.
Yes, Oda did not address everything, some things are strange (lack of clear awakening or Acala move apparently) but til proven otherwise I'm assuming the fighting part of the arc is over.
What you think?
The realist in me thinks it's done. It certainly feels that way in most cases, so 1050 should be the end of the fight and its how ive felt for months (Luffys fights being ~8-10 chapter battles with other things addressed in the middle).

Yes, there are few little oddities here and there (no obvious awakening, Acala, Vs chapter, some additional mysteries about Kaido), and yes, Oda doesn't have to really address those other things in the long run if he doesn't want to, I understand that. Especially if he's saving some things like his lineage with a Yamato flashback or Rocks stuff because it's meant to tie into the next 2 Yonko after Wano.

Now, would I mind if it continued to address those things? Absolutely not. Id rather a more "complete" or intense fight/story arc for Kaido if its warranted. If it also makes most people happy, then that's fine with me.

We'll have to wait and see. Im 80% sure we'll get a narration box next week, because I can't "hope" for things like this anymore lol. I entirely made the same mistake back with Doflamingo (no VS chapter but Zoro got one! He only JUST started using awakening! We didn't see him without his glasses!) and Katakuri (Oda ended the clash on an offscreen! This is a YC the fight needs to last even longer, 1 chapter with snakeman isn't enough!). Then there is the expectations I had with the F6, BMP and Jack this arc (which I was wrong about in terms of them doing more). Queen and King weren't so bad. And BM wasn't to an extent but I wanted more.

But I am rooting for the other side that wants it to continue. Would rather be wrong in this instance, so more people are happy about this ending.

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

Interesting Morj video about why Kid won't fight Mama, for those who want to see him as prescient.
He does mention many time that it may actually happen and it's not a theory video.

Big Mom vs kid doesn't work. He was right about that tho.

But how many people ignore Napoleon and Water Law connection.

There are also many people who are ignoring "Napolean was banished to Elba(F) after defeat in Waterloo " connection.

Assrape? Lmao the only assrape I saw was Bakazuki stopping Lizaru from heading to wano because of Fodder Samurais.
So shanks is inferior to Teach as per your loser of a headcannon?

This is how badly Papazuki bullied Goofy. Bullied him so hard he got PTSD and started self-harming himself and would have given up his dream without Papa Jinbe. Bullying was so harsh Akainu still lives rent free in Goofy's head that dude's scar starts throbbing at the slight mention of Akainu's name two years later You're fucking done, kiddo. Keep spamming your retarded muh afraid of samurai and shanks meme to cope like it's in any way comparable to the mental breakdown Wakainu put your fav through. But hey everyone need coping mechanism.

So Kaido is defeated after fighting for only 63 chapters? That is far to fast and anticlimactic.
I'm sure he wakes up next chapter and awakens to fight 10+ more chapters
I don't mind if people want more fight with his awakening or a few more moves (that's totally within reason I suppose), but like this battle has been pretty crazy for almost 2 years. To call it rushed or anticlimactic is weird to me. Especially when getting G5 at this point feels like a bonus on top of all the fighting Luffy has done since Chapter 1000.

It's the most action paneling Oda has ever done in this series, the raid alone is almost as long as Dressrosa and its purely fighting.

"Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway." Oda isn't watching Mr Morj videos or adhering to fan checklists.
What are you talking about lol?
He was right in this video because Kidd vs Big Mom didn't work, he is probably wrong on the Raid failing which there is no problem to begin with.
He is still the guy that called Big Mom coming to Wano and Conquerors being the key to defeat Kaido. He is not Oda so he won't get everything right, his videos became tiring because of the whole Raid will fill bs (which gives him a lot of audience so it's smart).
You tried to point him being wrong in a video where he isn't lol

Status
Not open for further replies.