Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we supposed to be invested in Luffy vs kaido when kaido is effectively a stepping stone to Teach? Has Kaido actually done anything to Luffy? no, every bad thing he has done has been to the people of wano and the samurai.

Kaido hurt Luffy's friends so we now need 100+ chapters to deal with him. However the only thing Luffy even needs from kaido is his poneglyph. Basically, we are spending 100 chapters and hundreds more in build up, for Luffy to steal a treasure map.

Okay, you can do that. Or you can just focus the story on Luffy finding the maps to raftel. You know, the actual main story. But NOOOOOO. We need 102 chapters of dressrosa, 78 chapters of WCI, 100+ chapters of wano, and you wonder why new fans are hesitant to pick up one piece.
We're invested in Luffy vs Kaido because:

1. Kinemon and Momo have been in the story for a decade now and may as well be considered honorary Strawhats at this point
2. It's what the story has built towards since Punk Hazard
3. Kaido is connected to the Joyboy myth and by extension the void century and the One Piece

I'm sorry if the only things you care about are Teach and finding the One Piece, but most readers were actually interested in the characters who weren't directly connected to all that shit. Like the entire point of the One Piece is that it's an abitrary goalpost for Luffy to move towards so that the plot can happen. Maybe you don't like that it doesn't take away focus from everything else, but all the "side characters" like Kaido, Big Mom, Doffy, etc actually deserve the focus they've been given

Irrc he had a lot more and the doctor actually had to force him to do physical activities

he also lost some eyesight
Really it's only the 2 I recall outside of some minor ones. Once at the end of DR when he got sick and was out for a month (which prompted the breaks), and once during in fall 2020 where he was legitimately sick with a cold or something (out for 2 weeks) but because it was during Covid people freaked out. It really doesn't happen often, and people also just get sick lol

I'm not sure what the point of this conversation is lol. If it's a fully focused, 4-5 chapter long fight on a level of danger we haven't seen before and Akainu goes down in less hits than Kaido, then I'm not seeing the problem at all for either side.

Fight lengths do not make a good fight. The point is its still very likely to happen because Luffy and Akainu have history.
The good thing with Akainu lethality is that the fight could be a few chapters long and still be very intense, as he wouldn't need many hits to deal serious damage to Luffy (and inversely Luffy won't need as many hits as he did against Kaido to bring him down)

ill explain it fully, but you might not like it. its a lot of stupid puns and wordplay going on because of course it is.

first off, in old samurai plays and movies and stuff theres a thing where they yell "chest!" or "chesuto!" and its a contraction of "chie o sutero" or "throw away your wits". like theyre running into battle so who cares about thinking, just go in.

so in wano they say "snatch!" or "sunacchi!" and its meant to be a contraction of "namae o sutero, chie o sutero" or "throw away your name and wits". in this case like, our individual names dont matter, we throw it away for wano, blah blah. this is why its supposed to be a big deal why momo isnt allowed to say it, because hes the kozuki heir and throwing away his name would throw away the only reason everyone else is fighting.

and the reason its "snatch" is because oda is a pervert and snatch is an old timey word for pussy, so. "chest", like boobs, and "snatch" like...
That was interesting. Was this explained in VC or something? I don't remember it ever explained in the manga.

I mean I expect Usopp to achieve his dream of becoming a great warrior with Yasopp acknowledging him, and since Elbaf will likely focus on Usopp it just makes sense imo.
I also don't believe his dream is achieved here, just my opinion. Tbh, I think it'll carry great lengths, but his dream will be something achieved closer to the climax (i.e. he does something during the final war or surpasses his father). I personally think you'll see Robin and Franky's dreams first, because they have to do with reaching Laugh Tale, but even then their dreams ultimately can serve a purpose during the endgame (more revelations with the WG, and Sunny being used in larger ship battles).

You cannot explain to me to legit argue about Pica being defeated by a stronger attack than King, let alone Zoro using ACoC + a new style, without obvious bias. It's also interesting how you're still denying to be a huge Doflamingo stan. At least Veku and Plex are open about it (and way less extreme than you).
At some point you just gotta let @sanjikun be

What's the point of debating him or arguing with him. If someone is hell bent of believing all Planets and sun revolve around earth you can only try to argue with them so many times.

Just let him have his beliefs..he's not harming anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.