Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yh, Kaido losing to Luffy here will be proof that Joyboy does exist and that Luffy is Joyboy
It's the proof that Luffy beat Kaido 1V1 or otherwise there would be plenty of Joyboys given that he lost 7 times
Post automatically merged:

So yh, Kaido losing to Luffy here will be proof that Joyboy does exist and that Luffy is Joyboy
It's the proof that Luffy beat Kaido 1V1 or otherwise there would be plenty of Joyboys given that he lost 7 times

More accurately what Kaido says here is "The person who manages to beat me in the future" to which King replies saying "In that case it doesn't look like Joyboy will ever appear", The implication here is that Kaido cannot be defeated (at the very least Kaido going forward from the point when they had this conversation) and that the only person that will be capable of doing so is Joyboy. Moreover the fact that Kaido is still in search of Joyboy means he has never truly been defeated yet, at the very least not since he had made that statement to King.

What do you think of this scene then?

With the added context, is Kaido putting Oden on emperor level? Or that these are top 5 he has faced?

Let be honest, if this is all what Zoro character offer for this arc, hell all the theory, all the promised what was for Zoro, all the speculation, his build up for this arc, must feelt very disappointed for the Zoro fandom.

Like legit you guya waited so long for that moment and there been so many hints. But in the end Zoro was not the monster Samurai. He got his cut moment but it never feel impressive, in fact Kaido never mention him after.

I feel like the predict about Zoro overcome and became the next Oden already in wano totally fail off.

Of course beating King isn't bad, but in the end he was just a YC1lvl guy... What I imagine for Zoro and what we actually got, it pretty underwhelming. How you other guys think about(Zoro fandom?).

Im be honest I was neutral in case for Zkk, had a discussion with Jo and others and even said that I could see ZKK happening. But I doubt after this chapter that is going to happen.

After all the years of debating ZKK,how the Zoro fandom thinks about it, how you guys react if ZKK not happen? Are you guys are happy with Zoro build up in wano so far?

@nik87 @Finalbeta @style @Cinera @HA001 @zzShinichi @Peroroncino @Mr. Bushido @mly90 @ShishioIsBack @Enma @Guan Yu @Lor D. Coast @Reborn @mugiwara44
@Den_Den_Mushi @Garp the Fist @ShishioIsBack @Cinera @Light D Lamperouge @Seth @Marimo_420 @MarineHQ62 @Ryuarashi @Sword God Ryuma @Reborn @Geo @LolonoisZolo @ShadyOjiro @Dragomir @Grumpy Zoro @Monet @Sade @Rukusho
@Reborn @Geo
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @sneko @stairs-kun @Oblivion @yj @solis @Seth @Zowo @style @Blother @Camie @MarimoHeado @Marimo_420 @Orojackson Refugee @Zenos7 @Don DaSlayer @Guymieux @Dark Hound @HAJIKATA @Queen @LadyVados @bennbeckman @Ice devil slayer

Are you guys happy with Zoro performance so far(in case if ZKK not happening)?
Im be honest, the only way how it could happen is if Kaido awakes and stand up, since if he stand up it clear that Luffy would need help against a stronger Kaido(awakening). But right it is hard to see such a scenario.
Reborn perfectly summed it up.
Obviously the only way it happens is if Kaido wakes up. But with how Oda has treated the fighting, even ending it the same way he said he won't be satisfying, it is not looking promising.

Kaido getting defeated without awakening is just atrocious.

Zoro has done more than enough to be honest.

Big Mom got two chapters focused on her flashback from 866 to 867 and it didn't end until 868.

I knew Kaido's flashback wouldn't be that long, but I thought we would at least get one or two chapters focused on it similar to Big Mom's flashback.

Instead his flashback only ended up being four pages.

G

Gorosei Informer

they already got their backstory. They got rejected my some girl , no want to prove her they are better than the man she will choose.
Quote fail @Ghostly Reflections[/QUOTE]

Thats barely anything lol. Bege got far more especially in the anime and that's just trivia for Kidd and Killer tbh. Don't get me started on Law too...

Shanks might be a sort of Doflamingo to Kidd and Killer.

But with Oda he may barely give us anything on screen for them or even nothing at worst too.

Oden was good and all but he wasn't able to tank a single thunder bagua
So I can't see him defeating kaidou
Oden had lethality, he didn't have to tank Thunder Bagua if there wasn't any interference.
Against Sun God Nikka Joyboy, Kaido had the chance to use his higher end moves from hybrid mode, drunken mode, giant dragon mode etc etc.
But against lethal DFless swordsman, 1 clean slash lands and the battle can be over already. (Kaido was basically over the moment Oden Totsuka landed). Kaido never had any chance to use his higher end moves against lethal DFless swordsman like Oden.

Post automatically merged:

He is not defeated a single time after he made his crew
All 7 defeats are in his childhood or when he was in rocks meaning before he made his pirate group

Would Oden become Joyboy if the old hag didn't interfere?
Probably not as it looks to me like Kaido only developed this thought pattern after Oden's death. Maybe as a result of Oden's last words to him and Yamato's talk about Joyboy.
Technically speaking though, if Kaido did already think that Joyboy would be whoever beat him prior to meeting Oden, then yh, if Oden did beat Kaido, in Kaido's head Oden would've been Joyboy regardless of whether he was indeed the man of destiny or not. At least going off what we know from this chapter.

Oden had lethality, he didn't have to tank Thunder Bagua if there wasn't any interference.
Against Sun God Nikka Joyboy, Kaido had the chance to use his higher end moves from hybrid mode, drunken mode, giant dragon mode etc etc.
But against lethal DFless swordsman, 1 clean slash lands and the battle can be over already. (Kaido was basically over the moment Oden Totsuka landed). Kaido never had any chance to use his higher end moves against lethal DFless swordsman like Oden.
Oden used his strongest move on kaidou
But that move didn't defeat or killed him

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
He is not defeated a single time after he made his crew
All 7 defeats are in his childhood or when he was in rocks meaning before he made his pirate group
His seven defeats happened after joining Rocks, and we don't know if all 7 defeats happened during his time as a Rocks pirate. One thing we can confirm with a big of certainty is that one of these defeats happened at God Valley.

Adv CoC Users: Luffy, Kaido, Shanks, Big Mom, Zoro, Blackbeard?
FS Users: Katakuri, Luffy, Kaido, All Admirals? Koby? Blackbeard? Mihawk, Sanji? Rayleigh

Prob more FS users these are just of the top of my head
(Alive Only)
Adv CoC Users: Luffy, Kaido, Shanks, Big Mom, Yamato, Enma, Lord Katakuri next appearance, possibly Blackbeard, Dragon.
FS Users: Katakuri, Luffy, Kaido, possibly Dragon, Ben Bekman.

Status
Not open for further replies.