Best Mangekyou Sharingan?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I guess I'll start off by asking which of the Konoha teams was your favorite?

Definitely team 10! I love how functional they are, how fleshed out 2/3rds of the team is and Shikamaru's personal growth from a slacker who wants nothing out of life to a respected team leader and close aid of the Hokage. Choji's insecurities and later determination to not be a burden on his team is pretty great too, though I think Kishi retreads that too much in the War Arc, I still found them coming together to beat Edo Asuma to be a touching moment for the team.

They got a surprising amount of screen time too. Important enough that their parents even got nuked, weird as it is to say.
Team Asa is my fav, imo they had the best bonding and coordination out of the four..
Besides, even their individual fighting styles are neat. Shikamaru's shadow possession, mind transfer and Choji's Gear 3rd are all cool to see in action. I'm only upset we didn't get more of them as a team.

at the base level a byakugan is better. you are born with it,
can see chakra points and target them effectively(gentle fist)
very solid ability to detect movement /precognition which a base sharingan does as well .
techniques like rotation make it a very good defensive dojutsu.

sharingan can allow you to copy ninjutsu
and adept at speed, precognition.

however in terms of potential , sharingan far outpaces byakugan especially when you get to the EMS range. I think thats due in part because kishimoto had sasuke as a main character so the sharingan was developed a lot more than the byakugan. that may not be the case in boruto if they delve into that more. hagoromo did inherit the sharingan and his brother the byakugan as with most otsusuki's. I have strong doubts that there isnt another stage to the byakugan but I will say for now, sharingan has better potential and byakugan is better for your average joe.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Team Asuma is my favorite but I like Gai more as a character even if Asuma is close behind.

Shikamaru vs Hidan or the whole thing with Asuma death was great. I also like their powers, etc.

Neiji was quite interesting in the beginning but after he was sidelined too much. Lee fight vs Gaara was awesome too and the results of his operation.

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Do you think himawari could develop the Tenseigan. I know there are some requirements but she is descending fron bot hangomoro and hamura, her father is the reincarnation of asura so could she ?
I'm not even sure what that is, honestly.
at the base level a byakugan is better. you are born with it,
can see chakra points and target them effectively(gentle fist)
very solid ability to detect movement /precognition which a base sharingan does as well .
techniques like rotation make it a very good defensive dojutsu.

sharingan can allow you to copy ninjutsu
and adept at speed, precognition.

however in terms of potential , sharingan far outpaces byakugan especially when you get to the EMS range. I think thats due in part because kishimoto had sasuke as a main character so the sharingan was developed a lot more than the byakugan. that may not be the case in boruto if they delve into that more. hagoromo did inherit the sharingan and his brother the byakugan as with most otsusuki's. I have strong doubts that there isnt another stage to the byakugan but I will say for now, sharingan has better potential and byakugan is better for your average joe.
Yeah, I'm mostly comparing the 3 tomoe Sharingan to the Byakugan. The Mangekyou and Eternal Mangekyou far outpace the Byakugan's abilities. I think I prefer the 3 Tomoe over the Byakugan, aesthetically and ability wise. Genjutsu, movement prediction, being able to copy jutsu? It's very versatile and can still see the color of chakra. Whereas the Byakugan has better (and wider) vision but that's about it.

I will say, remembering more on Neji in Part 1, I do like the Yin/Yang motif with the Byakugan. That was cool.

W

wordyworm

I guess I'll start off by asking which of the Konoha teams was your favorite?

Team 10 all the way. Their bonds are the strongest, not just because of the Ino-Shika-Cho heritage, but because of Marlboro-sensei himself. Asuma really went out of his way to make sure he bonded with his team and that they bonded with each other. He was the best teacher of the jonin group.

He understood how to motivate his students, something Kakashi completely failed at. Gai really only trained Lee, and Kurenai honestly didn't seem to do much in the way of instruction--she just let the kids do what they do best.

Asuma understood the big picture--that's why he's so good at shogi and why he was able to find Shikamaru's strengths.

2nd best team in terms of teamwork is Team 8, then Team Gai and then Team 7. I find team 8 has more interesting characters than the others though, just in terms of personality and skills.

W

wordyworm

Lmfao. Kakashi on any social media would be too funny.
That's my fav role play blog! Some highlights:

Kakashi is a hilarious choice for an RP blog because he's been so heavily traumatized but he's such a loyal ninja, so how does he cope? With weed, nicotine gum, and the Sims.

The Leaf treated him like a machine for so many years and just expected him to function no matter what had happened. They broke him at a really early age and created a weird existentialist adult who never had the chance to live a normal life, even for a ninja. No family, no romance-- we hardly see where he lives or what he likes to do, so he's a fun character to put in weird situations. Also, I sent the Akamaru one xD