General & Others Naruto General

Best Mangekyou Sharingan?

• Total voters
When I stop for a min an think about it the wrold of naruto is a bit F up isn't it. Child soldiers and basically inbreeding inside clans with the new gen having it a slightly different aspects as most have merried outside the respective clans
Yeah, as much as I liked the war-peace-dilemma that was introduced to Naruto with the Pain-arc, it kind of contradicted the entire setup of the Naruto universe, where children aspire to be soldiers and happily train every day to fight, and consequently kill people. Though I suppose most of that is under the cover of protecting their respective hometowns.

After defeating Nagato, which had finale vibes (Naruto returning back to Konoha and people cheering at him), things slowly started to go overboard. Especially when the war started. I think that the peak of power should've stayed the usual Mangekyo Sharingan, Nagato's Rinnegan and Bijuu-Mode. Accompanied by the traditional Ninja techniques, use of tactics and weapons. But towards the end we were already at people leveling countries.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
After defeating Nagato, which had finale vibes (Naruto returning back to Konoha and people cheering at him), things slowly started to go overboard. Especially when the war started. I think that the peak of power should've stayed the usual Mangekyo Sharingan, Nagato's Rinnegan and Bijuu-Mode. Accompanied by the traditional Ninja techniques, use of tactics and weapons. But towards the end we were already at people leveling countries.
And it made too many ninjas irrelevant. Naruto by the end could do what any ninja not named an Uchiha could do and better. Even something like sharing his chakra among the entire Shinobi Alliance was pushing it.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Am I the only one a little upset every Bijuu's chakra is the same color? I like the blood red look for Naruto, but I thought that fit because Kurama's fur is red. It's a minor complaint but it makes them seem a lot blander.
Edo Tensei Nagato should've been about where Hashirama and Madara were. I can excuse the God Tiers for being actual gods. No way around it unless you decide to not include a juubi jinchuuriki entirely. But the power scaling shot up way too much. 5 Kages can barely push Madara to a serious difficulty lmao.

Am I the only one a little upset every Bijuu's chakra is the same color? I like the blood red look for Naruto, but I thought that fit because Kurama's fur is red. It's a minor complaint but it makes them seem a lot blander.
No mate, I totally feel you there, I was pretty bothered by the fact that all Jinchuuriki V1 & V2 states looked pretty much the same. But one needs to keep in mind that this was introduced during a phase where Naruto had already been pretty bland and lacking in consistency and creativity.

I loved that Gaara's armor was entirely different, since Shukaku consists of sand, and also fancied Nibi's blue Chakra.
Then again, I generally disliked the idea of making the Bijuu just misunderstood pets with quirky personalities, when in the beginning Kyuubi was portrayed as an evil entity with purely sinister Chakra.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I loved that Gaara's armor was entirely different, since Shukaku consists of sand, and also fancied Nibi's blue Chakra.
Then again, I generally disliked the idea of making the Bijuu just misunderstood pets with quirky personalities, when in the beginning Kyuubi was portrayed as an evil entity with purely sinister Chakra.
Oh man, I remember reading the chapter over christmas break of Kurama and Naruto first working together. Must've been like, 16 or 17 and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Looking back on it, I really dislike that twist. Kurama and Naruto cooperating kills Naruto's growth at chapter 507, he's got nothing else to work towards as he's already sworn himself to help out the Kyuubi.

It's also a lot less cool having this monster fox as some ally, who possesses you and talks to Kakashi/Gai in the middle of fighting Obito.

It's also a lot less cool having this monster fox as some ally, who possesses you and talks to Kakashi/Gai in the middle of fighting Obito.
This was plain ridiculous. And Gai cheering on Kurama, lol

I mean, suppose Naruto befrending the fox was inevitable, but it could've been delivered way more relatable hadn't it instantly been that tsundere best friend relationship between them.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
@Cinera

I think you're underestimating Orochimaru's prowess and cunning in the series. He was so powerful that his arms (ninjutsu) had to be removed for the entirety of the story, and he could still perform well against 4Tail Naruto with a failing body. With unlocked arms and the ability to possess new bodies for additional power boosts, Orochimaru easily could've been relevant in the end game. Honestly, give him a body that could handle Senjutsu and he'd be above any of the Gokage and probably as large a threat as someone like Obito was.

He was an antagonist who had logical methods of growing his power to match the story.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Yes, and honestly I didn't understand his actions during the war at all. Sasuke and Orochimaru had so many behavior changes that they became totally unrelatable and illogical characters.
Sasuke was a pretty decent character up until the last 100 or so chapters. After the Kabuto fight, I couldn't really follow where he was going. I know the talk with Hashirama / meeting Itachi again impacted him. But it felt like he was going from one extreme to another way too quickly.

Sasuke was a pretty decent character up until the last 100 or so chapters. After the Kabuto fight, I couldn't really follow where he was going. I know the talk with Hashirama / meeting Itachi again impacted him. But it felt like he was going from one extreme to another way too quickly.
Aye, no one could follow him anymore :')

Kishimoto tried to explain it with Tobirama and the whole story about chemicals in Uchiha brains... But that's just so far fetched

Luffy at least explained why he wants to be PK in a way that's simple and makes sense. Naruto's reasoning was just "dunno, but I want it." Sarada has like 20-year goals and plans and shit.
Really? Didn't Naruto want to become Hokage (aka best ninja in the leaf) to prove his value to everyone since no one cared for him and disrespected him? I think that's a good reasoning behind his goal tbh

The more I read about the Uchiha, the more I thought that Tobirama was justified in wanting to annihilate them. Literally a clan of maniacs who can snap at the drop of a hat, wreak wanton destruction and blame it on their inherent nature to love or such bullshit. What's even funnier is that the Uchiha's so-called 'complaints' about their treatment were 99% bullshit. Literally every major clan in Konoha has their own private compound, so the Uchihas were never singled out in that regard. They enjoyed a high social status in Konoha, with 99.999% of civilians and fellow ninjas treating them with admiration and respect. To me, the more Kishi wanked the Uchihas, the more I thought that they were a bunch of power hungry, mentally and emotionally unstable toddlers who were better off gone.

The more I read about the Uchiha, the more I thought that Tobirama was justified in wanting to annihilate them. Literally a clan of maniacs who can snap at the drop of a hat, wreak wanton destruction and blame it on their inherent nature to love or such bullshit. What's even funnier is that the Uchiha's so-called 'complaints' about their treatment were 99% bullshit. Literally every major clan in Konoha has their own private compound, so the Uchihas were never singled out in that regard. They enjoyed a high social status in Konoha, with 99.999% of civilians and fellow ninjas treating them with admiration and respect. To me, the more Kishi wanked the Uchihas, the more I thought that they were a bunch of power hungry, mentally and emotionally unstable toddlers who were better off gone.
Oi oi oi, I just realised Tobirama is a bit like Hitler, should we really go down that road with such a logic :noo: But... Essentially, yes, every Uchiha turned out batshit crazy. Can't really name a single normal one. Maybe Shisui comes closest, but not even. If you think about it, the craziness started out with Itachi. BUT he didn't even plan for Itachi to be "good", originally he wrote him to be evil, so that was the essential thread which started the Uchiha silliness. Then continued by Sasuke, Obito, Madara.

To be honest, Kishimoto just got eaten by his own plot. And his characters. I will forever love Naruto despite all of it though, says a lot.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Oi oi oi, I just realised Tobirama is a bit like Hitler, should we really go down that road with such a logic :noo: But... Essentially, yes, every Uchiha turned out batshit crazy. Can't really name a single normal one. Maybe Shisui comes closest, but not even. If you think about it, the craziness started out with Itachi. BUT he didn't even plan for Itachi to be "good", originally he wrote him to be evil, so that was the essential thread which started the Uchiha silliness. Then continued by Sasuke, Obito, Madara.

To be honest, Kishimoto just got eaten by his own plot. And his characters. I will forever love Naruto despite all of it though, says a lot.
It's a bit nuts that the Uchiha got maybe 20 years (at best) of discrimination, but remained as the chief authority for anyone in Konoha as the police, and still decided they wanted to revolt. That's the point of no return, even if it was resolved peacefully, we saw no indication they were treated much worse than before but were willing to risk the lives of everyone in Konoha and the Land of Fire with revolution over this. Their loyalty was fickle at best.

Even worse was the fact Kumo tried to steal a Hyuuga like 3 years earlier and were annoyed at their failed. They'd reignite their military to take advantage of Konoha's weakness. Iwagakure under Oonoki was known for being an advantageous shit head, and Rasa was entertaining the destruction of Konoha with Orochimaru when Konoha was more stable.

Looking at it from Danzo's perspective, I can 100% see why he would decide the Uchiha had to go. They were too great a threat to the security of Konoha.

Wouldn't even call Itachi a good Uchiha either. Using Tsukuyomi on your brother twice before he leaves the village, intending to use Shisui's eye to to brainwash Sasuke into obeying Konoha.. Yeah, he's not a moral paragon like the fandom makes him out to be.