General & Others Naruto General

Best Mangekyou Sharingan?

• Total voters
Wouldn't even call Itachi a good Uchiha either. Using Tsukuyomi on your brother twice before he leaves the village, intending to use Shisui's eye to to brainwash Sasuke into obeying Konoha.. Yeah, he's not a moral paragon like the fandom makes him out to be.
Yes, that's why I said "good". ARGUABLY he was pushed into taking action, only arguably. But I think his choice was 100% the wrong thing to do from any reasonable being. To save his brother, kill everyone else... It's a mess.

It's a bit nuts that the Uchiha got maybe 20 years (at best) of discrimination, but remained as the chief authority for anyone in Konoha as the police, and still decided they wanted to revolt. That's the point of no return, even if it was resolved peacefully, we saw no indication they were treated much worse than before but were willing to risk the lives of everyone in Konoha and the Land of Fire with revolution over this. Their loyalty was fickle at best.

Even worse was the fact Kumo tried to steal a Hyuuga like 3 years earlier and were annoyed at their failed. They'd reignite their military to take advantage of Konoha's weakness. Iwagakure under Oonoki was known for being an advantageous shit head, and Rasa was entertaining the destruction of Konoha with Orochimaru when Konoha was more stable.

Looking at it from Danzo's perspective, I can 100% see why he would decide the Uchiha had to go. They were too great a threat to the security of Konoha.

Wouldn't even call Itachi a good Uchiha either. Using Tsukuyomi on your brother twice before he leaves the village, intending to use Shisui's eye to to brainwash Sasuke into obeying Konoha.. Yeah, he's not a moral paragon like the fandom makes him out to be.
Well to be fair, making an Uchiha into anything other than a genocidal entitled toddler appears to require either A) genociding them first or B) mass brainwashing so I can’t blame Itachi or Shisui for what they did xD.

Personally, Tobirama was too kind. I would exterminated them to the last man; the vast, vast majority of Konoha is innocent and don’t deserve to remain at the mercy of a clan of whiny, pathologically psychotic maniacs.

That's one element of the show that's always overlooked, especially in the cases for older generations. Shinobi graduated the academy earlier in the past (RIn/Kakashi/Obito all seemingly graduated before 12) and most of the last 50~ years has been intensive, multi-national war on all fronts. Kakashi is just another victim in the long line of victims, though I think his own trauma gets slept on a lot. His dad killed himself after being ridiculed as a traitor, his only friends die (one by his own hands) and his sensei passes soon after.

Then he's in ANBU for years, handling dirty missions and operating with a limited identity. It's surprising he's as go lucky as he is.
His life has been so terrible and hard.

But it's not really surprising, seeing how much Obito's initial sacrifice and Gai changed him for the better. I think when someone gives their life for you, you have to live for them too.

What upsets me the most about whimsical plot writing is that in this whole mess Kakashi apparently never even looked out for Minato's newborn baby :') baby his sensei died for and left an orphan :') all because originally Kishi never planned to delve into Naruto's parents.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Well to be fair, making an Uchiha into anything other than a genocidal entitled toddler appears to require either A) genociding them first or B) mass brainwashing so I can’t blame Itachi or Shisui for what they did xD.

Personally, Tobirama was too kind. I would exterminated them to the last man; the vast, vast majority of Konoha is innocent and don’t deserve to remain at the mercy of a clan of whiny, pathologically psychotic maniacs.
Lmao, that's very true. An Uchiha can't be called an Uchiha without committing some atrocity or trying to remove another's free will. I don't follow Boruto, but I imagine it's only a matter of time until Sarada cracks too.

Honestly, I don't see how Naruto or any of the main characters walked out of the Fourth Shinobi War without being horribly Anti-Uchiha. Three of them and an orphan killed thousands and almost ended the world, but somehow Sasuke's now welcomed back and things are good with him again..

His life has been so terrible and hard.

But it's not really surprising, seeing how much Obito's initial sacrifice and Gai changed him for the better. I think when someone gives their life for you, you have to live for them too.

What upsets me the most about whimsical plot writing is that in this whole mess Kakashi apparently never even looked out for Minato's newborn baby :') baby his sensei died for and left an orphan :') all because originally Kishi never planned to delve into Naruto's parents.
Tbh, I can totally forgive that. Kakashi was like, 14/15 when Minato died, a member of ANBU and an emotional wreck himself. Rin died recently, Obito not long before, his mom when he was young (or in child birth?) and his dad killed himself at the age of like, 5.

Kakashi wouldn't be a responsible choice for taking care of any kid. I doubt he really knows much what it's like to be a kid. It'd of made more sense for him to try and adopt Sasuke due to similar trauma. I also-sort of get Jiraiya not doing much, between Orochimaru and his spy network, I just don't understand why Hiruzen didn't try to help more himself.

I imagine it's only a matter of time until Sarada cracks too.
:lusalty:I hope fucking not, she's finally a likeable female character in the Naruto universe

Tbh, I can totally forgive that. Kakashi was like, 14/15 when Minato died, a member of ANBU and an emotional wreck himself. Rin died recently, Obito not long before, his mom when he was young (or in child birth?) and his dad killed himself at the age of like, 5.

Kakashi wouldn't be a responsible choice for taking care of any kid. I doubt he really knows much what it's like to be a kid. It'd of made more sense for him to try and adopt Sasuke due to similar trauma. I also-sort of get Jiraiya not doing much, between Orochimaru and his spy network, I just don't understand why Hiruzen didn't try to help more himself.
Wait wait wait, I said nothing about adoption. Clearly he would never be able to handle such a responsibility. I said "looking out" for Naruto. I wouldn't mind if it was just ANBU style stalking from time to time - that would have made a lot of sense. No one in their right mind would not check up on someone that important.

But the fact that Naruto grew up without a single friend and Kakashi allowed that - kinda unforgivable.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
:lusalty:I hope fucking not, she's finally a likeable female character in the Naruto universe

Wait wait wait, I said nothing about adoption. Clearly he would never be able to handle such a responsibility. I said "looking out" for Naruto. I wouldn't mind if it was just ANBU style stalking from time to time - that would have made a lot of sense. No one in their right mind would not check up on someone that important.

But the fact that Naruto grew up without a single friend and Kakashi allowed that - kinda unforgivable.
I think Kakashi is too grief stricken and broken for a long time for that tbh. He seemed even awkward with Team 7 for awhile.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama

You’ve got a good point, but that’s actually why I really like Kakashi character. He’s exactly what would happen if you’re forced to go through trauma and murder that young and you’re given no real time or counseling to heal from it and come to grips/cope wit it. Basically Kakashi had to watch everyone he loved die and right after it happened it was basically “aight well that’s that, aye I got this assassination mission wit your name on it. I’ll see ya in a week”

Okay, if it makes sense to you guys, I guess it's okay. Not everyone can be like Shikamaru, eh.

But fundamentally it was just a backtracked mistake, as Kakashi never even thought about Minato in Naruto's context until much much later when Kishi established Minato's story.

He made up for it big time considering how many times he saved his pupils' asses ahaha

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
To be honest, the revelation that Naruto was Minato's son did some damage to some of the characters. Hiruzen in particular, who knew it all yet did little to help Naruto as he grew up. Though I understand, he was the Hokage and couldn't focus all his efforts on him, he could've still told an anbu to help raise him and even tell them that Naruto was Minato's kid as a way to make them more open about raising him. And considering he's a jinchuriki, it makes it more imperative.

I think this goes back to the fact the 4th Hokage was never intended to be Naruto's father, therefore Naruto wasn't to have some big shot father.

That said, Kakashi was pretty fair towards Naruto compared to others at the start. He didn't want Sakura or Sasuke to neglect him for who he was during their formative days, and encouraged teamwork among them. While he spent more time with Sasuke later on, that was because he and Sasuke knew what it meant to lose people you care for. Trying to lead Sasuke down a better path and not let hatred get the better of him. Plus Jiraiya specifically told him he'd look after Naruto and he should focus on Sasuke.

Hiruzen in particular, who knew it all yet did little to help Naruto as he grew up. Though I understand, he was the Hokage and couldn't focus all his efforts on him, he could've still told an anbu to help raise him and even tell them that Naruto was Minato's kid as a way to make them more open about raising him. And considering he's a jinchuriki, it makes it more imperative.
ESPECIALLY him and Kakashi. Hiruzen even PROMISED to take care of Naruto... Like what the hell. But then again, the whole universe has a messed up treatment of orphans in general. It's hard to believe a village where even kids are forced to fight wars etc. doesn't have a system for taking care of kids whose parents died in battle. Hokage dies sacrificing himself for the village - no one takes care of his kid. No orphanage, foster care. Blows my mind.

And an orphanage does exist, because hello Kabuto. It's all very contradictory.

But hey, Naruto fixed all this. The kids in Boruto are pretty carefree and taken care of, almost like there is no trace of all the neglect and hatred not even 15 years ago or whatever. Which was Naruto's goal from the start, so that I'm glad about.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
But hey, Naruto fixed all this. The kids in Boruto are pretty carefree and taken care of, almost like there is no trace of all the neglect and hatred not even 15 years ago or whatever. Which was Naruto's goal from the start, so that I'm glad about.
Unfortunately, it makes for a rather uneventful and boring setting for a series.

Unfortunately, it makes for a rather uneventful and boring setting for a series.
Yas, less compelling definitely.

But in all fairness they can (and are planning to) turn that around easily - it only takes one event to make all the characters miserable.

The new trio has so much potential, they are more interesting characters as opposed to the one-dimensional old trio.

I also don't like the fact how much Amaterasu was shitted on in the end. Even though Kabuto called it perfect attack and (in case of Blaze Release) defense, but there were too many people shitting on it.

Sasuke hits eyeless Madara with Amaterasu, latter just takes off his armor and absorbs the rest without any discomfort. Naruto gets hit, just pushes it away with Bijuu Chakra. And Sasuke feels the need to imbue his Chidori with Amaterasu to clash with a plain Rasengan. Only for the flames to be pushed away. Juubi just pushed the flames away from his body and against Kaguya it also had no effect.

Meanwhile, Kamui was absolutely overpowered. Passing through everything by going intangible, while Kakashi with his low Chakra and non-Uchiha body could warp away a clone so fast Tobi thought the clone just vanished, also aiming for Juubi's head and having Obito to interfere in order for Juubi not to be killed. While, when being boosted with a bit of Rikudo Chakra, being able to dodge Kaguya's attack while she was at her strongest, to then speedblitz her with a Kamui-Raikiri.

I'm glad Itachi took Tsukuyomi in the grave with him without Kishimoto shitting on it as well. Lol.