General & Others A huge Yonko War Arc with a crew worth of Zoan users, yet none is awakened.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
When this scene happened my jaw dropped.
Wiper put in so much effort and then we see him so desperate he just dropped on his knees.
Thats when I though OMG HOW WILL THEY EVER DEFEAT THIS GUY HE'S INVINCIBLE.
I remember talking to 2 friends of mine in college. One of them watches One Piece, but the other doesn't. He knew about Luffy being rubber and we were talking about Enel at the time. This friend was like "how the fuck do they beat this guy if he can't be hit and moves super fast and can predict shit" Than it hit him.
Dude shouted in the middle of the parking lot "FOR FUCK'S SAKE HE'S MADE OF RUBBER!"

That was a magical moment. Me and my friend started laughing so fucking much at him being EXTREMELY PISSED because he didn't realize sooner.
Good times.

I think stuff like Kaido's gigantic fire dragon avatar, his bulky, more-dragon like hybrid mode (

)
are result of awakening. Zoan awakening is not a new form in specific, but the ability of exploiting your zoan as his peak on top of increased endurance and durability.
"But Luffy..." Luffy's zoan is unique even among mythical zoan, said by Kaido himself.

Same for BM, Bigger Mom and the ability to use her soul to heal herself result from awakening (as normally her DF doesn't work on people)
I wouldn't be surprised if all of this get explained either in a SBS, a magazine or a VC

I remember talking to 2 friends of mine in college. One of them watches One Piece, but the other doesn't. He knew about Luffy being rubber and we were talking about Enel at the time. This friend was like "how the fuck do they beat this guy if he can't be hit and moves super fast and can predict shit" Than it hit him.
Dude shouted in the middle of the parking lot "FOR FUCK'S SAKE HE'S MADE OF RUBBER!"

That was a magical moment. Me and my friend started laughing so fucking much at him being EXTREMELY PISSED because he didn't realize sooner.
Good times.
It would have been funnier if your friend pointed out how Enel should have effortlessly beaten Luffy due to him melting because of the heat caused by Enel's lightning, if One Piece had at least some realism.

Aren't Zoan Awakenings just increased toughness and recovery ? (Unless it's Luffy lol)

It explains the toughness of Kaido at least.

If the Impel Down beasts were Awakened, I find it hard to believe that at least Calamities and Kaido are not. They're not as flashy as Paramecia Awakenings so I'd get why they're not mentionned.

Yet
Post automatically merged:

Aren't Zoan Awakenings just increased toughness and recovery ? (Unless it's Luffy lol)

If the Impel Down beasts were Awakened, I find it hard to believe that at least Calamities and Kaido are not.

Specifically the awakened zoans are dangerous because they revive after being beaten. Like the impel down guards. Or Luffy. Or probably kaido in a few weeks

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

If the Impel Down beasts were Awakened, I find it hard to believe that at least Calamities and Kaido are not.

Don't worry.
In 2 years the "DF Vivre Card pack - awakened users special edition" is gonna answer everything for us. And we can count on @EtenBoby to translate them for us like the chad that she is.
:finally:

Or probably kaido in a few weeks
:suresure:

To be fair Kubo did this for his last arc. I don't want imagine how long One piece arc will be, perhaps even more.
Wano Arc (which I think is currently around 130+ chapters) is the only arc on par with the length of the average Bleach arc.
I think that from a writing standpoint, Kubo's best written arcs were actually his shortest ones in the Agent of the Shinigami Arc and the Fullbring Arc.

Those two arcs (both are about 50-55 chapters long) were pretty concise with decent pacing and had the least amount of plot holes and contrived writing going on.

The other three arcs (Soul Society, Arrancar Arc and Thousand Year Blood War) have a lot more going on in them but because of that, Kubo always seems to lose his threads and slip up.

Anyone that complains about the pacing of Dressrosa and Wano would be legit horrified by Bleach arcs. Soul Society was about 130+ chapters, Thousand Year Blood War was around 200+ chapters and the Arrancar Arc was like a whopping 240+ chapters. :snoopy:

In 700 chapters, Oda has given the reader 26 arcs. In 700 chapters, Kubo gave the reader 5 arcs. :doffytroll:
In terms Kubo did it very good.
Only Aizen was messed up, but Aizen had in the end something far stronger then just a bankai so I can understand this choice.
Did Kubo really do powers and abilities well though?
I) Yhwach was made to be downright invincible and was taken out in the most bullsensical manner.

II) Aizen just flat out forgot to use his Shikai against Ichigo throughout their entire fight. His Benkai was never even shown.

III) Ichigo went through the entire manga fighting the most hax sassenachs the verse has using only brute force and only one single named attack which was just a big sword slash.

IV) Ichigo is given Quincy powers for like one scene and this is never brought up again.

V) Gremmy is a goddamn reality warper that loses to Kenpachi's big muscles.

VI) Kurotsuchi makes a drug that can manipulate space and time.

VII) Two Visored blokes were revived after they were killed by Gremmy's reality warping powers, turned into zombies and then turned into a different kind of zombie by Kurotsuchi.... Somehow.

VIII) The whole fight between Shunsui and Ise Nanao against Liille Barro.

If the fight had just ended when Shunsui cut down Barro then I would not have even mentioned this one.

Instead, Barro somehow magically transforms into an eight butterfly winged, Transylvanian naked necked chicken, equine chimera centaur hybrid abomination made out of pure spirit energy.

So Kubo's solution to this situation is to go into a boring family history lesson regarding the Ise clan and some mind boggling bullshit explanation involving Shunsui’s Zanpakuto sword spirit somehow giving birth to another Zanpakuto sword spirit (that likes to play hide and seek) in order to hide yet another (but supposedly cursed) Zanpakuto sword that can only conveniently work on a being like Barro (who is 90% of the time in just a regular human form).
Like, yeah I get that Oda has been disappointing in Wano but while the worst of Oda is disappointing, the worst of Kubo is a flat out wild acid trip. :snoopy:

If the Impel Down beasts were Awakened, I find it hard to believe that at least Calamities and Kaido are not. They're not as flashy as Paramecia Awakenings so I'd get why they're not mentionned.

Kaido said Zoan awakening is a transformation after Luffy awakened

Didn't Zoro just miss the attack? He even admitted it
You can miss an attack when someone dodges it. Kaido's position changed so he dodged it