My Hero Academia - Chapter 352 : Ultimate Move

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Its kinda hard to understand whats going on in this fight due to the way it was drawn
I have never been a fan of Horikoshi-s choreography/paneling, I have always been dependent on the anime if I want to understand a fight.

That said, this fight was a lot better and more entertaining than I thought. I really thought it was gonna be 70% Talk No Jutsu and nameless blasts back n forth, what I see & understand, I like.

Plus, hey, psuedo South Park reference in my mind- he froze his warm summer heart. Or did he need to warm his frozen heart?

Peroroncino

๐Ÿ…ท๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ป๐Ÿ…ฐ ๐Ÿ…ผ๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ณ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ณ
โ€Ž
I have never been a fan of Horikoshi-s choreography/paneling, I have always been dependent on the anime if I want to understand a fight.

That said, this fight was a lot better and more entertaining than I thought. I really thought it was gonna be 70% Talk No Jutsu and nameless blasts back n forth, what I see & understand, I like.

Plus, hey, psuedo South Park reference in my mind- he froze his warm summer heart. Or did he need to warm his frozen heart?
Yeah the fight as a whole only had like 3 or 4 attacks too.
Kinda lame if you ask me.

Yeah the fight as a whole only had like 3 or 4 attacks too.
Kinda lame if you ask me.
I feel as if it was referenced (or is it my headcannon?) that Dabi has been running on nothing but fumes & hatred, so by making him chill the fuck out, his adrenaline & momentum would shut down.

But, yeah, this has been built and hinted for yeeears, only to get a ch & a half. I am reminding myself MHA doesn't do multi chapter fights for anyone other than All Might or Deku, still semi feels like "Mangaka speedruns ending!". Hawks vs Twice and subsequently Hawks vs Dabi are still pinnacle of the manga, imo. I'm trying to recall, haven't all of Dabi's fights been super short? No real stamina due to his flesh burning / he melts ppl (that sand guy...haha. he fucked him up, so quickly that for a second, even Dabi forgot about it).
Post automatically merged:

Dabi didnโ€™t want TNJ he wanted the smoke

๐Ÿ˜‚ great point.

Fight was solid, but it's crazy how Endeavor had no involvement, not even a cutaway inner monologue. Even the sidekicks are giving out morale support.

And Shoto just kind of unnecessarily dunks on him in the beginning saying it's his punishment to not be able to help. (Though could be a mistranslation).
We did flashback to Shoto and Endeavour discussing this several times, and it was always pretty clear that Dabi was something Shoto wanted to take on by himself.

G

Gorosei Informer

Amazing panels and art from Horigoatshi but you can tell he really wants to wrap up the series soon. After all these years of build up and development, it feels a little sudden and underwhelming with the fight seemingly being over already.

But what a grand finale too! Very powerful and beautiful, truly emotional and impactful too imo. I did expect a longer fight considering who is involved but I'm glad to see it happen regardless after all this time too and I'm still satisfied.

Funnily enough, the direction Hori has taken Shoto in with his abilities, I expected to happen to Dabi. "Cold fires/freezing hell" or something like that, like a ghost (funny I should say that lmao) or so?

This is such a cool concept (pun not intended) and it fits perfectly for SHOOOOOOTOOOOOOO who is resembling Endeavour here with that new state he's created for himself!

I've not watched the anime since the OH arc but I really hope they do this fight justice especially with such spectacular visuals and attacks on display! Also interested to see what Hori is gonna do with Dabi here and I really hope Toga gets a badass fight and finale to her story arc too. I really want to see him throwback to her impersonating Uraraka and killing Curious using her gravity powers too.

Having Uraraka find out (she doesn't know yet right?) and I wish we could have seen more of Toga stealing others powers after impersonating them too. Toga could have been the Mystique of MHA and caused so much chaos in the MHA word, especially politicially/for society itself with her powers potentially, without even including the quirk mimicking she can do now.

Feeling bittersweet that MHA may be ending this year or by next year at the most? But I'm glad we finally got to the actual Shoto vs Dabi fight, although I am feeling the lack of Endeavours involvement here too. But I'm still happy with how Hori is handling this and interested to see where this goes, should make for some very interesting scenes with Endeavour and Shoto later.

I also wish Geten was related to Rei after resembling her and having an ice quirk but maybe Hori changed his mind, dropped a potential plot point there? I also wanted "Dabi" to meet Rei, to reunite with his mother and see how that wuld play out too.

Also LMAO:

https://www.tumgir.com/tag/geten is touya

Another great chapter of Shoto vs Dabi, I guess this is the end of the fight so I do wonder what will happen to Dabi now.

Also this panel of Dabi looks crazy, he pretty much looks like a demon.

Also maybe it's just me but that panel of Dabi reminds me of this boss from Octopath Traveler.