General & Others A huge Yonko War Arc with a crew worth of Zoan users, yet none is awakened.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
@Sentinel @Tyki_Mikk @MarineHQ62 @King7 we were talking about this, but Mr Morj presented an idea that after Kaido was defeated, he would awaken like Luffy did and come back for one final blow.

Apparently dragons in eastern mythology have power over animals and can revive them from death or some shit like that, so the theory is that Kaido will awaken and revive his entire crew, but they will all be in their awakened beast forms like the ID Jailers. They will be mindless and Kaido will have complete control over them (Hundred Beasts Kaido, King of the Beasts, etc). When Luffy KO’s Kaido for good, his entire crew will pass out again since Kaido is reanimating them.

Idk. Just trying to rationalize probably the single worst arc climax in OP history. I am desperately hoping for more.
If Kaido can do this, he should’ve done this to Jack 30 chapters ago so we can have a brief glimpse of what a zoan awakening looks like in the modern manga. This shit would be awful right now.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Oda is already pissing on the BMP by revealing that Snack couldn't defeat an Injured Judge.

Who knows what will happen to Smoothie and Cracker soon, Only Katakuri is safe from humiliation at this point among these two yonko crews. Everyone else is a Looney tunes villain
Lmfao for real. The beast pirates were the underdogs of this war. Not a single thing went their way, the deck was stacked.

That also summarizes Haki and arguably Devil fruits as a whole
Awakening and Haki staying ambiguous up until it's relevant for plot is the most cancerous shit that happened post timeskip, if you deleted both and left devil fruits alone the story would have been a million times better.

Every time something new is revealed it's almost to save Luffy's butt mid fight, not to establish a coherent fighting element.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
If Kaido can do this, he should’ve done this to Jack 30 chapters ago so we can have a brief glimpse of what a zoan awakening looks like in the modern manga. This shit would be awful right now.
It would be far from the only instance of plot induced stupidity in One Piece I can assure you of that lol.

Oda could introduce a mechanic like if Kaido force-awakens his crew, it makes them all pass out afterwards or something and therefore Kaido couldn’t use it until now or his entire crew would’ve been KO’d. Idfk lol. I paradoxically want Wano to end but not if the ending is this underwhelming.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Awakening and Haki staying ambiguous up until it's relevant for plot is the most cancerous shit that happened post timeskip, if you deleted both and left devil fruits alone the story would have been a million times better.

Every time something new is revealed it's almost to save Luffy's butt mid fight, not to establish a coherent fighting element.
At least we have future sight which totally was warranted for Luffy to learn

I love how future sight changed how Luffy approaches situations. The 20 chapters of him being ragdolled by Katakuri to master it sure were worth it! I’m sure he’ll be less hot headed and won’t be caught unawares by his opponents anymore!

yup, definitely an impactful power up that has redefined our goated protagonist.

I love how future sight changed how Luffy approaches situations. The 20 chapters of him being ragdolled by Katakuri to master it sure were worth it! I’m sure he’ll be less hot headed and won’t be caught unawares by his opponents anymore!

yup, definitely an impactful power up that has redefined our goated protagonist.
haki is shit

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Scabbards getting up within 10 chapters after geting smacked by Kaido in their supposedly "fight to death" is when Oda killed any kind of possible tension. If he didn't have the guts to kill anyone, he should at least have pretended they are until the end of the raid.
If Oda had balls he’d of killed the only scabbard we care about, Kinnemon.

Luffy is honestly worse than Ichigo in terms of having every single powerup in the series, and that's saying something.

Even Naruto wasn't that much of a Jack of all trades like Luffy

Why does Oda obsess with the Jack of All Trades archetype?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
It would be far from the only instance of plot induced stupidity in One Piece I can assure you of that lol.

Oda could introduce a mechanic like if Kaido force-awakens his crew, it makes them all pass out afterwards or something and therefore Kaido couldn’t use it until now or his entire crew would’ve been KO’d. Idfk lol. I paradoxically want Wano to end but not if the ending is this underwhelming.
No one would like to see more of the beast pirates than me but I don’t think I want them jobbing so quickly again. The tension in this arc evaporated when Linlin was squeeling like a pig for Law/Kidd to stop.
The scabbards and Tama made The Smiles and Jack/Flying Six seem like a Non Threat.

Only the Yonkos and King/Queen could have turned the tides after Tama showed up and the Scabbards were healed.
And as entertaining as Queen is as a character, he’s a pretty shit fighter. He holds everything back and barely lands any blows on his opponent

Goda
Admitted to forgetting to name Kid's DF. Gave King TWO character title boxes and probably forgot to put his bounty as well.
:kobeha:
King had 3 intro boxes in wano
Compote also has 3 or 4 in WCI

:suresure: Oda was basically forgetting about these 2 a lot in the arc
Post automatically merged:

Nah, Kubo would have made Wano around 200-250 chapters long and probably done something like this.
Nag
Kubo at least will give us good fights

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Scabbards getting up within 10 chapters after geting smacked by Kaido in their supposedly "fight to death" is when Oda killed any kind of possible tension. If he didn't have the guts to kill anyone, he should at least have pretended they are until the end of the raid.
You know, it is indeed peculiar that Kaido’s crew, an army of monstrous Zoans who should be known for fast healing, immense endurance and tankiness, have not had one single member come back after their defeats, but the Straw Hat Pirates, Law and co, and the Wano Samurai have had several characters get back up after being knocked out by Kaido himself or otherwise having taken extreme injury. Curious. Lmfao

No one would like to see more of the beast pirates than me but I don’t think I want them jobbing so quickly again. The tension in this arc evaporated when Linlin was squeeling like a pig for Law/Kidd to stop.
The tension for me was gone when Big Mom starting rage-attacking a downed Eustass Kid who was also taking unseen damage from Hawkins, and yet she still could not defeat him. How do you establish tension when your main characters all have magical and invisible armor? Lol

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Luffy is honestly worse than Ichigo in terms of having every single powerup in the series, and that's saying something.

Even Naruto wasn't that much of a Jack of all trades like Luffy

Why does Oda obsess with the Jack of All Trades archetype?
It’s lowkey hilarious how Ichigo had a bit of every race, was as versatile as they come but continued to use the same technique in every fight lmfao. and Naruto was just stupidly OP in like two categories, definitely doesn’t compare to how Luffy has just about maxed out all his growth in the haki department and has an awakened god fruit