Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
of course, especially now that we lost 2 townies during the night

and i'm pretty sure Yo Tan Wa was also town
Seriously though.

I'll be waiting for what my waifubro has to say.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
β€Ž
-The Scum Case on DoctorIndigo-

Sitting comfortably? I have something on my mind to share - a confession, if you will. You see, I haven't been entirely honest. When I received my role for this game, after navigating my way to the website, I saw immediately I was Town. A relief, I must say. Better yet - I was the Rogue One MC, my favourite movie in this franchise. And then I saw I was a Cop. A Cop... of sorts.

I can indeed investigate a player every night. I do certainly receive results. But not alignment. I am an Ability Cop, which tells me the classification of an ability a player uses that Night Phase. For example, if I targeted a Doctor, I would receive "Protective". I received "Your target used a Destructive and a Manipulative effect last night phase" for Juliet. So I can confirm, without any doubt, that she fired.

So first, why? Well, I've played this game for a while, and I like to think I have pretty good insight into setups. The first thing I asked myself after seeing this role is "what purpose does it serve". It's an investigative role that doesn't give clear, defined, this player is town/scum results, but can be used to catch lies and test claims anyway. It's a weaker cop, but then, why is it in the game. I deduced, correctly it would appear, that this means there is no alignment cop in the game. There wouldn't be much reason to have my role be it's own thing if the town had a dedicated role that could check alignment. This is why, when I claimed, I simply said "Cop".

Secondly, and I'll be brief here, there is no reason for me to be lying about this. I clearly got away with implying I was an alignment cop, so you can spare me the pearl clutching.

Finally, how does this pertain to DoctorIndigo? Well, you see, with no alignment cop in the game, or at least no dedicated one, why does a Miller exist? It's conventionally "Bastard" to include a Miller in a game where there is no Cop, because it's a role that affects another. Watchers/Trackers can be affected by Sanity, and at its core, a Miller reverses the sanity of the investigation that targets it, but this isn't how Drago, and many hosts in fact, handle Miller.

Between claiming it today and the fact that there is no need for a Miller to even be in the game, it seems pretty clear to me. DoctorIndigo is Scum.

"Let me summarise.
I'm not an Alignment Cop, I'm an Ability Cop.
There is no Alignment Cop in the game.
A Miller would not exist in the absence of an Alignment Cop."

Now... let the Witch Hunt begin!

I

Indigo

Sitting comfortably? I have something on my mind to share - a confession, if you will. You see, I haven't been entirely honest. When I received my role for this game, after navigating my way to the website, I saw immediately I was Town. A relief, I must say. Better yet - I was the Rogue One MC, my favourite movie in this franchise. And then I saw I was a Cop. A Cop... of sorts.

I can indeed investigate a player every night. I do certainly receive results. But not alignment. I am an Ability Cop, which tells me the classification of an ability a player uses that Night Phase. For example, if I targeted a Doctor, I would receive "Protective". I received "Your target used a Destructive and a Manipulative effect last night phase" for Juliet. So I can confirm, without any doubt, that she fired.

So first, why? Well, I've played this game for a while, and I like to think I have pretty good insight into setups. The first thing I asked myself after seeing this role is "what purpose does it serve". It's an investigative role that doesn't give clear, defined, this player is town/scum results, but can be used to catch lies and test claims anyway. It's a weaker cop, but then, why is it in the game. I deduced, correctly it would appear, that this means there is no alignment cop in the game. There wouldn't be much reason to have my role be it's own thing if the town had a dedicated role that could check alignment. This is why, when I claimed, I simply said "Cop".

Secondly, and I'll be brief here, there is no reason for me to be lying about this. I clearly got away with implying I was an alignment cop, so you can spare me the pearl clutching.

Finally, how does this pertain to DoctorIndigo? Well, you see, with no alignment cop in the game, or at least no dedicated one, why does a Miller exist? It's conventionally "Bastard" to include a Miller in a game where there is no Cop, because it's a role that affects another. Watchers/Trackers can be affected by Sanity, and at its core, a Miller reverses the sanity of the investigation that targets it, but this isn't how Drago, and many hosts in fact, handle Miller.

Between claiming it today and the fact that there is no need for a Miller to even be in the game, it seems pretty clear to me. DoctorIndigo is Scum.

"Let me summarise.

Ratchet is scum 100%

your entire premise on calling me a liar is based on game setups, that's it?

Ratchet

β€Ž
Ratchet is scum 100%

your entire premise on calling me a liar is based on game setups, that's it?
You seem to have lost your way completely. I explain it all there - my ability has nothing to do with Millers, and the ability that does is not in the game. Miller with no Cop is "Bastard", which is frowned upon in Mafia when unannounced. Q.E.D there are no Millers in the game.

Ratchet

β€Ž
Well its true that having an ability cop in a game where an alignment cop exists is a bit redundant. Eh, idk man.
It was a good deduction on my part, I feel. I felt like Drago didn't want Town to have strong investigative roles, so weakened it, which in turn means no alignment cop, and thus, no Miller.
@Ratchet care to explain why do you think i completely fucked Pheonix D1 if i'm scum?
Could be Bussing, could be Multi-Scum teams.

"Let me summarise.

Okay, frankly Ratchet, I am not liking this.

First of all, you being an ability cop, does not mean that alignment cop cannot exist in this game.

Second, I am also an ability cop. Maybe there are multiple town ability cops in the game, but this is not a very large game, so this makes me distrust you.

I

Indigo

@DoctorIndigo

Claim your abilites please
i'm not claiming my role or character

all i can tell you is this

i have an ability that let's me give another player a gift

i have to spend a night getting it ready and then i can give it to another character on the following night

that's why i said i can confirm myself town on D3, because i spent n1 getting this shit ready to gift it to another town player, the most townie player we can think off

Ratchet

β€Ž
Okay, frankly Ratchet, I am not liking this.

First of all, you being an ability cop, does not mean that alignment cop cannot exist in this game.

Second, I am also an ability cop. Maybe there are multiple town ability cops in the game, but this is not a very large game, so this makes me distrust you.
Well, I don't think you would counter claim me here if you were lying. But what reason do I have to clarify I'm no an alignment cop, if I was lying about it?

Firstly, what were your results? Secondly, your claim is only further evidence of no ability cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.