Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin is already "the Oden" since Oden's role was poneglyph reader.
If you believe that the generations MUST parallel each other, then I have to remind you that Oden left Wano as part of WBs crew, not Roger's.
:gokulaugh: Sunbell is the helmsman and Gaban is the cook in your logic...

Is Kurozumi dizzy’s alt? Is that why he won’t quote me directly? Is that also why he’s coming up with asinine arguments about Robin fulfilling the Oden role (???) and acting like parallels don’t exist in One Piece?! :kaidowhat:
Frankly, yes he is...

Is Kurozumi dizzy’s alt? Is that why he won’t quote me directly? Is that also why he’s coming up with asinine arguments about Robin fulfilling the Oden role (???) and acting like parallels don’t exist in One Piece?! :kaidowhat:
I just didn't feel the need to quote the post directly above mine. I just got here, please explain to me why do you think that Robin doesn't fulfill the Oden role.
Yes, Roger was curious to meet the samurai in WB's crew, but the only reason Oden joined was for him to read the poneglyphs.

Good to see this thread hasn't changed at all 😂

However, Momo isn't going to leave Want once this arc wraps up. It's time for the guy to take up the Shogun position and rebuild the country before the inevitable final war.

Yamato is the only character that makes sense in joining at this current point of the story.

(Unless Vivi miraculously shows up👀)
It's funny how you seem to ignore that Yamato's character is tied to Momo's and that Tama is right there with the SHs as we speak.

Yes she is ;)

No. Actually it's Carrot despite her lack of presence in the story so far.
She really isn’t.

Like think about it -
Zoro gets wrongly imprisoned and nearly executed by helmeppo - Luffy beats helmeppo
Usopp home and village is almost destroyed and his friend murdered by Kuro - Luffy beats Kuro
Sanjis restaurant and mentor is almost taken by Krieg - Luffy beats Krieg
Namis home was taken by Arlong and her mother murdered - Luffy beats Arlong
Choppers father was killled by wapol - Luffy beats Wapol
Robins family is killed by the World government and a buster call - Luffy fights a buster call and declares war on the world government
Frankys brother is nearly killed by Lucci and his father killed by corrupt CP agents - Luffy defeats CP9
Brooks shadow is taken by Moriah - Luffy defeats Moriah
Jinbes inspiration Otohime is killed by Hody - Luffy beats Hody.

Carrots home was destroyed by jack and her mentor killed by pero - inu defeats jack and neko defeats Pero

yeah If carrot was going to join luffy would’ve fought at least one of them.

She really isn’t.

Like think about it -
Zoro gets wrongly imprisoned and nearly executed by helmeppo - Luffy beats helmeppo
Usopp home and village is almost destroyed and his friend murdered by Kuro - Luffy beats Kuro
Sanjis restaurant and mentor is almost taken by Krieg - Luffy beats Krieg
Namis home was taken by Arlong and her mother murdered - Luffy beats Arlong
Choppers father was killled by wapol - Luffy beats Wapol
Robins family is killed by the World government and a buster call - Luffy fights a buster call and declares war on the world government
Frankys brother is nearly killed by Lucci and his father killed by corrupt CP agents - Luffy defeats CP9
Brooks shadow is taken by Moriah - Luffy defeats Moriah
Jinbes inspiration Otohime is killed by Hody - Luffy beats Hody.

Carrots home was destroyed by jack and her mentor killed by pero - inu defeats jack and neko defeats Pero

yeah If carrot was going to join luffy would’ve fought at least one of them.
You are still repeating the same old fallacy: Confusing Joining and Recruiting.

Carrot WON'T be recruited, she will JOIN the crew. Meaning that her "arc", will only happen AFTER she joins (between the end of wano, and the end of the story)

You are looking at Carrot's story completely in the wrong way. What Carrot had, is a setup to a joining, not a recruitment, so OF COURSE she didn't had a save by Luffy, that's not the point right now.

Just like Robin and Nami's story came AFTER they joined, Carrot's one will come AFTER.

That's something Yamato won't have, why ? Because on the contreary to Carrot, yamato had a lot of screen time (too much actually) to have another later. Carrot don't have that weakness, Oda has perfect freedom to create an entire storyline for Carrot.

You are still repeating the same old fallacy: Confusing Joining and Recruiting.

Carrot WON'T be recruited, she will JOIN the crew. Meaning that her "arc", will only happen AFTER she joins (between the end of wano, and the end of the story)

You are looking at Carrot's story completely in the wrong way. What Carrot had, is a setup to a joining, not a recruitment, so OF COURSE she didn't had a save by Luffy, that's not the point right now.

Just like Robin and Nami's story came AFTER they joined, Carrot's one will come AFTER.

That's something Yamato won't have, why ? Because on the contreary to Carrot, yamato had a lot of screen time (too much actually) to have another later. Carrot don't have that weakness, Oda has perfect freedom to create an entire storyline for Carrot.
There’s no more time for an additional arc for a character like carrot she doesn’t have a deeper past like Nami and Robin did.

Carrot ain’t joining nor is she being recruited. She’s going to go back to Zou with inu and neko

There’s no more time for an additional arc for a character
There is ALWAYS time and Oda can developp a character in only one chapter. Don't worry about time, it's not the problem. Also, Carrot won't have the same story as Robin or Nami, she will just have a regular development like Franky.

Carrot ain’t joining nor is she being recruited. She’s going to go back to Zou with inu and neko
There is no reason for Carrot to go back to Zou after what she experienced. It would make no sence narratively for her character as wonder-hungry as Carrot to go back to her boring home for no reasons.

There is ALWAYS time and Oda can developp a character in only one chapter. Don't worry about time, it's not the problem. Also, Carrot won't have the same story as Robin or Nami, she will just have a regular development like Franky.

There is no reason for Carrot to go back to Zou after what she experienced. It would make no sence narratively for her character as wonder-hungry as Carrot to go back to her boring home for no reasons.
Franky also got development during EL and was recruited. Carrot isn’t getting any development or showcasing here in wano.

Or carrot realizes the open seas and luffys journey is too dangerous for her and she stays on wano with the monks to adventure later.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I just didn't feel the need to quote the post directly above mine. I just got here, please explain to me why do you think that Robin doesn't fulfill the Oden role.
Yes, Roger was curious to meet the samurai in WB's crew, but the only reason Oden joined was for him to read the poneglyphs.

It's funny how you seem to ignore that Yamato's character is tied to Momo's and that Tama is right there with the SHs as we speak.
Oden wasn’t an archaeologist seeking to learn the True History of the world; he probably knew a lot of it by virtue of being the scion of a historically significant family, and clearly learned the rest just by traveling with WB and Roger. I think it’s a misnomer to say he and Robin have anything in common other than existing in the same fictional series. Also, saying Oden joined Roger just to read Poneglyphs is a real stretch, did you read the part of his flashback where he decided to leave WB?? That was never a part of his motivation, he was simply inspired by a man who charmed everyone he met…which is exactly what’s happened with Yamato and Luffy.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Well the different between dizzy and kurozumi is dizzy is c4n team and kurozumi is tama4nakama and he thinks Tama is better ninja than Raizo
Also, as far as I can tell, Kurozumi hasn’t posted any underage smut or viciously insulted everyone who disagrees with him like a hurt child lashing out, so yeah, you’re right, this ain’t the pervert.

Franky also got development during EL and was recruited. Carrot isn’t getting any development or showcasing here in wano.
Carrot had enough development for a good focus in whole cake. Now, the only thing Oda needs is to do is dig a little deeper into the character:

- He doesn't need a back story
- He doesn't need to reintroduce Carrot
- He doesn't even need to recontextualize and recharacterize Carrot.

The only thing he need to create, is a good character arc storyline. And that is pretty easy to do.

Or carrot realizes the open seas and luffys journey is too dangerous for her and she stays on wano with the monks to adventure later.
That would go against the core message of One Piece, and would legitimate both the monologue of a villain and the fact that naivety and wonder are weaknesses.

Oda will never do that. He is contructing Carrot has someone who will surpass that and will be able to stay the same in her core.
Really, from a narrative perspective, there is only two possible (complementary) future for Carrot:

- To die (and be ressurected and join the crew later on)
- To join the strawhat and be recruited later.

Carrot had enough development for a good focus in whole cake. Now, the only thing Oda needs is to do is dig a little deeper into the character:

- He doesn't need a back story
- He doesn't need to reintroduce Carrot
- He doesn't even need to recontextualize and recharacterize Carrot.

The only thing he need to create, is a good character arc storyline. And that is pretty easy to do.

That would go against the core message of One Piece, and would legitimate both the monologue of a villain and the fact that naivety and wonder are weaknesses.

Oda will never do that. He is contructing Carrot has someone who will surpass that and will be able to stay the same in her core.
Really, from a narrative perspective, there is only two possible (complementary) future for Carrot:

- To die (and be ressurected and join the crew later on)
- To join the strawhat and be recruited later.
Go against the core of one piece?? That is literally the core of one piece that if you go out to see in search of ultimate freedom you have to be prepared to die and to fight for it.

That’s why luffy stopped asking shanks to let him join because he was too weak and shanks lost an arm because of him. Carrot growing and accepting this would be good for her character. She has no arc on the sunny

Go against the core of one piece?? That is literally the core of one piece that if you go out to see in search of ultimate freedom you have to be prepared to die and to fight for it.
You have missunderstood me. Carrot WILL understand that the sea is dangerous. My point is that she will go anyway, because if she do the opposite it would contradict the core values of One Piece, being that Wonder and naivety are NOT weaknesses. Danger is something that carrot must and will learn, but she will also not lose herself in the process.

That’s why luffy stopped asking shanks to let him join because he was too weak
The thing is, Carrot is not weak So there is no reason for anyone to block her pass. She is not Tama, she is a mousquetaire after all. She lost to someone because of bad luck but it doesn't mean she can't overcome that weakness.

She has no arc on the sunny
She had one, a little, but she had one.

She won't go back to Zou because there won't be a Zou to go back to :kata:

Status
Not open for further replies.