Status
Not open for further replies.
Nami got actually someone to fight for her, not just a weapon.
She fucking missed the attack.
SHE MISSED.
And Zeus, by himself, hit Ulti.

The more I remember that "fight", the more I remember why I NEED this arc to be over. I know the "hope this arc ends and we get to the new one" thing is somehow normal, but I never, NEVER felt this annoyed by an arc.
One thing is I appreciate an arc, but get fed up from it and want to go see new things. Another completely different thing is legit disliking an arc on its almost entirety and just pray to whatever entity out there to please not let Oda fuck up the rest of the story.
From now on we have Zeus vs x character instead of Nami

Nami got actually someone to fight for her, not just a weapon.
She fucking missed the attack.
SHE MISSED.
And Zeus, by himself, hit Ulti.

The more I remember that "fight", the more I remember why I NEED this arc to be over. I know the "hope this arc ends and we get to the new one" thing is somehow normal, but I never, NEVER felt this annoyed by an arc.
One thing is I appreciate an arc, but get fed up from it and want to go see new things. Another completely different thing is legit disliking an arc on its almost entirety and just pray to whatever entity out there to please not let Oda fuck up the rest of the story.
I seriously don't the "lets extend this arc and pay it will be better" mentality. Oda has given me no reason to believe he can fix this.

His best arcs were always short and sweet. We need more of those

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I seriously don't the "lets extend this arc and pay it will be better" mentality. Oda has given me no reason to believe he can fix this.

His best arcs were always short and sweet. We need more of those
People don't want this arc for it to be "better".
People want this arc in hopes something happens to push their agendas.
The end of Luffy vs Kaido isn't bad because the "punch is lacking". It's bad because the culmination towards it is trash, so, the conclusion feels unfulfilling.
I'm telling you, man. If you look at 1049 by itself, completely ignoring the rest of the fight, the symbolism is all there.
The lanterns asking for the big scary dragon to go away, Kaido getting beaten, the lantern asking for the kozuki clan to be restored, Momo managing to save the flower capital, Orochi being "confirmed" defeated and Hyori finally being able to be "free", etc. The Kaido flashback with him telling King that Joyboy is the man who will be able to defeat him, the "oden wanted to open Wano to welcome Joy Boy", etc. Everything narratively needed for the fight to be over, is on this chapter.
But of course people are mad. After the freaking gauntlet and asspulls involved on this Kaido fight, no wonder people dislike how it ended. Doesn't mean people should expect Oda to keep the shit show going.
Let it end. Kaido is not gonna play some major role later on. Dude has a fucking decade of "hype". It's enough. Move on.
This fucking author is gonna die before ending this fucking manga if tries to pull stalling after stalling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.