Character Discussion Did Kaido acknowledged Zoro as a monster samurai like Oden?

did kaido acknowledged zoro as a monster samurai like oden?

• Total voters
so im genuinely curious realy think that kaido acknowledged zoro as a monster samurai like oden?

honestly it was more like mocking for me even zoro him self was disappointed

if zoro don't get another chance to prove him self i thing its another minus point for him in this saga (character wise)
so far he said
1. he will gather and guide samurai (didn't do it)
2. will avenge yasuie (didn't do it)
3. will cut kaido to pieces (just cut him twice and it get healed quickly)

i will be clear i don't think kaido or anyone else will be killed in this ark but i hope he get another chance to prove him self and get kaido's acknowledgement (although its not likely at this point)

we probably will see kaido in future so it also can happen in other arks

so im genuinely curious realy think that kaido acknowledged zoro as a monster samurai like oden?

if zoro don't get another chance to prove him self i thing its another minus point for him in this saga (character wise)
so far he said

i will be clear i don't think kaido or anyone else will be killed in this ark but i hope he get another chance to prove him self and get kaido's acknowledgement (although its not likely at this point)

nah he didnt
but after he kills him he will :cheers:

so far he said

Yes, Kaido has recognized Zoro as a great samurai like Oden. I just explained this in another thread.

When Kaido says that Zoro's wound will leave a scar, it is a direct comparison to Oden, in which Zoro matches that feat. Even a few chapters earlier, when the Scarabb wound Kaido, he emphasizes that they have not matched Oden since they failed to reopen Oden's wound.

For Kaido and therefore for us:
Scarab will not open the wound < Oden.
Zoro will have inherited her = Oden.

At least as a samurai, not necessarily as a force. I don't think Zoro on the roof was at Oden's level, but now with the Adv CoC, yes. We know that the Adv CoC makes the difference.

Also, if Zoro kills Kaido, I don't think Kaido will have time to admit it.

:milaugh:

Yes, Kaido has recognized Zoro as a great samurai like Oden. I just explained this in another thread.

When Kaido says that Zoro's wound will leave a scar, it is a direct comparison to Oden, in which Zoro matches that feat. Even a few chapters earlier, when the Scarabb wound Kaido, he emphasizes that they have not matched Oden since they failed to reopen Oden's wound.

At least as a samurai, not necessarily as a force. I don't think Zoro on the roof was at Oden's level, but now with the Adv CoC, yes. We know that the Adv CoC makes the difference.

He couldve said a simple: Oh youre like Oden! You’re strong!,etc but instead he said: Itll leave a scar and thats enough from you.

Doesnt strike me as super respectful and Oda is usually on the nose when it comes to comparisons. Lets not forget that this was pre ACoC Zoro, the one that King was ragdolling.

Last edited:
He couldve said a simple: Oh youre like Oden! You’re strong!,etc but instead he said: Itll leave a scar and thats enough from you.

Doesnt strike me as super respectful and Oda is usually on the nose when it comes to comparisons. Lets not forget that this was pre ACoC Zoro, the one that King was ragdolling.
Throughout Wano much emphasis was placed on Oden's injury. Ignoring his feat is equal to acknowledging that someone is similar to Oden.

Kaido compared Luffy to Oden when he managed to damage him and it is understood that Zoro injuring him in a similar way to Oden is an acknowledgment.

Besides Kaido's words of "it's enough for you" is not a contempt, it's a praise, he is saying that Zoro should be proud.

i honestly don't think he acknowledged him if he did he would simply say it we even saw he mocked samurais in front of luffy
im talking about acknowledgement not Power level and how strong is zoro
Post automatically merged:

I'm confused as to why everyone is acting like kaido has to confirm zoro is as strong or stronger than oden, zoro turning enma into a black blade would confirm he's stronger
again im talking about a plot point it doesn't 't need to be zoro but only strong samurai we have in wano is zoro so most simple thing is expecting to see zoro getting acknowledged as a monster samurai like oden
my question is about getting acknowledged not how strong he is in end of wano its part of it but its not same thing

he didn't he has already forgotten about Zoro's existence :D
yeah its true

yeah in top of that zoro him self was also disappointed

Last edited: