General Mafia General Chat

J

Joygirl1

Omg the Star Wars game has turned really ugly, hasn´t it? :(
*Inappropriate dark humor: It is actually more disturbing than disturbance in the force*

I should probably be the last person to say anything after what I did in the DAL round but I hope you guys can talk it out and get it together afterwards. Like Kagura and I did. It´s not worth to destroy every good or at least normal relationships you had before. You may even be on the same wavelength outside of mafia, this development is so sad to watch.
Can only say that I´m super glad that Kagura and I could make peace and since then we get along very well.

Omg the Star Wars game has turned really ugly, hasn´t it? :(
*Inappropriate dark humor: It is actually more disturbing than disturbance in the force*

I should probably be the last person to say anything after what I did in the DAL round but I hope you guys can talk it out and get it together afterwards. Like Kagura and I did. It´s not worth to destroy every good or at least normal relationships you had before. You may even be on the same wavelength outside of mafia, this development is so sad to watch.
Can only say that I´m super glad that Kagura and I could make peace and since then we get along very well.
Well, that‘s what spite leads to. Never anything good. I even went on a 2 months break because I was spited too much. If people are successful in games it happens for a reason. Ratchet frequently stays up until 5 or 6 am his timezone for games and puts a lot of effort into them. It‘s only natural he has many victories. And many crushing victories at that. It‘s not fair towards such players to spite them like that. Sure, you should play to win. But there‘s a line that just should never be crossed.

I actually implemented a mechanic once to let everyone win if everyone placed a vote during the same day phase in the first 3 days. But of course it didn‘t happen because people just never use their votes.
Im actually not surprised about hearing that lol not voting is almost like gamethrowing, mhm

Have games been hosted here where votes who arent placed count against ppl themselves? Think ive seen a few games on nf (maybe wad hosted some like these too?). It could maybe 'motivate' ppl to actually use their votes more often

Im actually not surprised about hearing that lol not voting is almost like gamethrowing, mhm

Have games been hosted here where votes who arent placed count against ppl themselves? Think ive seen a few games on nf (maybe wad hosted some like these too?). It could maybe 'motivate' ppl to actually use their votes more often
I hosted one of those on NF. Shizune usually does that, with no votes counting twice against the player not voting. Usually everyone votes in his games.

Emil

Certified Memelord
i think im joining the majority lynch squad

if plurality, then players not voting should count as 2 votes on themselves

but better just have the game be majority lynch. atleast after like day 3

was there ever a game that started plurality then shifted to majority 3rd cycle onward. wud be cool to get best of both world

or have the game be plurality but allow hammer mechanic to be active so if majority is reached at any point its hammered

i think im joining the majority lynch squad

if plurality, then players not voting should count as 2 votes on themselves

but better just have the game be majority lynch. atleast after like day 3

was there ever a game that started plurality then shifted to majority 3rd cycle onward. wud be cool to get best of both world

or have the game be plurality but allow hammer mechanic to be active so if majority is reached at any point its hammered
I dont think majority really works here with big games and ppl living in different time zones

Also dont like majority since ppl are either just parking their vote on someone and if they dont keep track of them the day could end at any time, and CFD doesnt work how its intended to if u need to switch at least 15 votes to someone else in like 30mins-1h

I guess the problem is also that 24/48h limit for phases + majority lynch dont fit together. Iirc majority usually had unlimited day length and ppl could decide to end it at any time if there was actually nothing to talk about anymore since they had time to read, catch up, give thoughts. Put a limit on it and ppl will either end the day by just parking their vote on someone cause "i wont be around for EoD since I'll be gone for the next 20h" or we dont reach majority cause ppl decide to lynch someone else and some ppl just aren't around to change their vote

Thats why plurality is superior, theres always someone dying every day, well unless some roles can make it end in no lynch, lol. I prefer when lynch goes to 2nd in line if scum can avoid it, just so someone at least gets lynched.