Spoiler One Piece Chapter 975 Spoilers Discussion

Who was MVP in this spoiler?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, too little too late. We needed to understand Kidd’s motives before he started fighting, because as of right now Kidd is literally fighting for no reason.
It's not too late, just stop, Kid's character ain't ruined. I actually like him being more mysterious than Law for example.
But hey, thank god we now understand the story of how Kinemon stole a baby pig.
Agree, fodder flashbacks don't interest me.

He said it was “a cakewalk in comparison” , if Pre WCI Luffy was put through all that again, do you think it wouldn’t be a cake walk? Facing 3 different Yonko forces and losing an arm in the process is more than anything Luffy faced outside of Marineford, its ludicrous to say otherwise.
In comparison to what, Luffy was weak whilst facing against all those forces. His level of strength compared to Admirals like Kizauru, Pacifista's, Vice Admirals etc.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Except we already know his motives

Huh??

That’s not his motives though? That was Kidd explaining why he was about to retreat. And up until now, he was trying to retreat until he had some boat trouble, and all the sudden he’s in full on Yonko fight mode again?

Nah, that’s a non-existent/off paneled character arc right there. Oda off paneled Kidd’s character arc to tell us the story of side characters that no one care about. OP isn’t even a top ten shonen sakes-wise right now, and it’s probably because of nonsense like this.

Did I miss something? Since when did Kidd rapidly switch his attitude from not wanting anything to do with pirate alliances against Kaido, to suddenly joining forces with Luffy and law? I’m genuinely curious...

Up until this point, I was really loving Kidd’s role in the New World tbh. Kidd’s story has been, basically, what Luffy’s role in the New World should’ve been has Oda not turned him into pirate Jesus. Oda has Kidd go to the new world only to get completely bodied by his own arrogance, which in a better manga is what should’ve happened to Luffy.

I was really looking forward to seeing what changed Kidd’s mind and made him decide to take the fight to Kaido, overcoming his own failures and suffering and evolving into a new and stronger character.

But as far as I can tell, the only reason Kidd is even here is because he had some trouble setting sail to literally retreat from the battle?

So is Kidd’s entire character arc just “fuck it, might as well fight Kaido since I can’t give up” ??? I’m really hoping I actually missed something here, because if I didn’t, I think Oda for me will have officially butchered Wano as an arc, glossing over the literal main characters of the entire manga to give us a stupid flashback about side characters, effectively making the literal main characters of One Piece (straw hats, supernovas) the Wano plot equivalent to just giving the side characters (samurai) bigger weapons.

Please someone tell me I missed Kidd’s character arc and Oda didn’t just off-panel it.
You didn't miss anything. For Oda, Kidd and other WG are just a tool for hype and use them as pawns. Law is more important than him for example. Oda needs to finish their story now because what's coming is more than just WG's stuff.
Im, World government, BB, Mihawk, Shanks.
After wano, oda will not really use them a anymore.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
He didn't joined them. He was on his way to Onigashima. He just coincidently ended up crossing their paths. It wasn't part of his plan
So then you're saying that the reason that Kidd is currently fighting Kaido's forces alongside Luffy and Law,

is because he coincidentally came into contact with Luffy and Law who had completely different motivations from him, but he just randomly decided to fight alongside them anyway?

That is seriously probably the objective worst character writing in all fiction bro. If that's the actual explanation for this crap.

You didn't miss anything. For Oda, Kidd and other WG are just a tool for hype and use them a pawn. Law is more important than him for example. Oda needs to finish their story now because what's coming is more than just WG's stuff.
Im, World government, BB, Mihawk, Shanks.
After wano, oda will not really use them a anymore.
That's ur speculation. there will be 1 or 2 arcs where they won't be relevant, BUT they'll be relevant in Final war, at least.

Bogard

You can't win
Huh??

That’s not his motives though? That was Kidd explaining why he was about to retreat. And up until now, he was trying to retreat until he had some boat trouble, and all the sudden he’s in full on Yonko fight mode again?

Nah, that’s a non-existent/off paneled character arc right there. Oda off paneled Kidd’s character arc to tell us the story of side characters that no one care about. OP isn’t even a top ten shonen sakes-wise right now, and it’s probably because of nonsense like this.
He never planned to retreat. He just didn't want to ally with Luffy because his previous allies betrayed him. He wanted to do things his own way. He just coincidently ended up crossing Luffy/Law on his way to Onigashima with his ambition to take his revenge on Kaido and take his people back. It wasn't part of his plan to ally with them and isn't ally with them until proven wrong

Bogard

You can't win
So then you're saying that the reason that Kidd is currently fighting Kaido's forces alongside Luffy and Law,

is because he coincidentally came into contact with Luffy and Law who had completely different motivations from him, but he just randomly decided to fight alongside them anyway?

That is seriously probably the objective worst character writing in all fiction bro. If that's the actual explanation for this crap.
It's just a dick measuring contest now that they ended up crossing the same path. He isn't actually allied with them until proven wrong

Doesn't matter if Killer fought alongside Kidd.

Luffy still got oneshotted,
it wasnt killer that oda highlighted Kidd from Kaido , kaido threw killer away to be Orochi dog while he wanted to break Kidd spirits and make him a underling. Kidd impressed Kaido while Killer didn't!

Kid endurance and stamina > pre udon Luffy

Normal killer =/= kamazou retarded killer that cant even remember Zoro.
You think he Awakened over the timeskip

Status
Not open for further replies.