Speculations For Zoro Fans, how will Zoro vs Mihawk fit into the Narrative?

Zoro's endgame fight for the WSS title will not be a fight where he fights the #2 of the opposition as the #2 of the Strawhats, in service to Luffy. It will be another 1v1 duel with the entire Strawhats or maybe even the entire world spectating, as Zoro places his life on the line fighting for his dream. Only this time, Zoro would win and his name would reach the heavens.

Even after beating King, look at what Oda made Zoro think about, "From now on to the day I beat him to become the Greatest Swordsman...".

Shiryu or no other opposition #2 would take the title away from Mihawk, it is solely Zoro's job to do so.
Oda made it perfectly clear in chapter 5, 51, 1033
That luffy wants the Zoro to have the wss by the time luffy is pirate king which is before he enters the final war.
Mihawk isn’t Zoro endgame fight from chapter 5 alone

The thing is I don't see Luffy fighting shanks they probably would have a CoC clash between each other as a greeting then dialogue.
I still find that part weird why would they have a coc clash, oda as always had a coc clash when people want to fight even the clash between wba and shanks was antagonistic and shanks should never have that feeling toward luffy as far as he is good

Idk why people think Oda would take the most important moment away from one of the characters he clearly likes the most.

This is the same as saying he won't achieve his dream.

Mainly because Zoro sees beating Mihawk as necessary for his goal. You might not think it is necessary but the character does.

Honestly I think the strawhat wouldn't mind considering they know this is Zoro's life work.

I always pictured the fight happening in the same arc Luffy meets Shanks so that we get good dialogue from Luffy and shanks while also getting a good fight from Mihawk and Zoro.
I don’t think Luffy will meet shanks. I think Luffys initial goal of surpassing shanks’ crew will be done by defeating BBs crew after BBs crew defeats Shanks’. This way luffy can accomplish that goal and retain his hat.

As for the watching Zoro, yes the characters would do it, but oda has nor will he likely ever write a plot where luffy isn’t taking down the strongest enemy in the arc.

I think the mihawk fight will take place on an isolated island during the final war and the fight will end by Zoro and Mihawk splitting the skies and the gorosei will see Roronoa Zoro defeated Mihawk literally “name reaching the heaven”

Yeah yeah I know, Mihawk said he'd wait at the top, and ace said he wouldn't die. People say things.

The whole WSS thing is so boring and without competition that people are completely fine with Zoro
training with Mihawk, to beat Mihawk, it's so lame.

Even Oda knows it's lame.

why would shanks want to test luffy when he is probably weaker than Luffy since he defeated kaido, you don't test people stronger than you.

To test how far he has come he wanted to see Luffy when he has become a great pirate and a clash is a fun way of testing that. They would probably be equal at this point since no one at this top level is so strong they aren't comparable. Like any fight between Yanko is probably extreme dif

Sh vs RHP isn't a serious battle
Luffy vs Shanks is just a spar or friendly clash

Unless Shanks turns out to be evil
I strongly believe that Shanks has some "evil" side... Buggy has that, even Bullet is written that way, so I don't accept what others say being a Roger Pirates member as a valid reason why not... I really hope Oda convincingly turns Shanks into one of the "most hated" character in the series...

Yeah yeah I know, Mihawk said he'd wait at the top, and ace said he wouldn't die. People say things.

The whole WSS thing is so boring and without competition that people are completely fine with Zoro

The reason there is no competition is more than likely because they realized how pointless it is. Nobody challenges any of the strongest title holders period and that's because it is suicide and if someone did want to achieve the title why randomly fight swordsmen who don't have the title. that will help achieve nothing since Mihawk is the only one that matters.

Zoro could fight 100 people who want to be WSS and be nowhere closer to his goal because none of them had value just because they wanna be number 1

why would shanks want to test luffy when he is probably weaker than Luffy since he defeated kaido, you don't test people stronger than you.
Kaido isn't stronger than Shanks. Get over it.

I really hope Oda convincingly turns Shanks into one of the "most hated" character in the series...
Blackbeard is basically written as exactly that.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I strongly believe that Shanks has some "evil" side... Buggy has that, even Bullet is written that way, so I don't accept what others say being a Roger Pirates member as a valid reason why not... I really hope Oda convincingly turns Shanks into one of the "most hated" character in the series...
Closest thing I can see Shanks to being "evil" is him being the ultimate gatekeeper. Like he knows Luffy is JoyBoy so all his actions so far was for the purpose of creating the perfect environment for JoyBoy to flourish and finish his captain's dream.
-He stole the Nika fruit
-He tries to maintain the balance of power
-He tells the Gorosei about Luffy and gets the great cleansing started

Etc. Etc. Like Luffy is mainly a means to an end for Shanks or something.

Closest thing I can see Shanks to being "evil" is him being the ultimate gatekeeper. Like he knows Luffy is JoyBoy so all his actions so far was for the purpose of creating the perfect environment for JoyBoy to flourish and finish his captain's dream.
-He stole the Nika fruit
-He tries to maintain the balance of power
-He tells the Gorosei about Luffy and gets the great cleansing started

Etc. Etc. Like Luffy is mainly a means to an end for Shanks or something.
Good points... Or he can be someone who is a fan and believer of WG/Im ideologies of balance which could be opposite of that of Joyboy's... That's what I believe he can possibly be if he has some "evil" side...

Blackbeard is basically written as exactly that.
Yeah... But imagine Oda turning Shanks, one of the well-loved character, turned into someone more hated than BB...

I don't know this feel like fear from haters who have been bashing Mihawk for decades with Vista memes now suddenly dread the possibility of him facing Zoro lol.

I don't know this feel like fear from haters who have been bashing Mihawk for decades with Vista memes now suddenly dread the possibility of him facing Zoro lol.
Fear of what? I don't even know what you're talking about.

Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, is that what this is about?
Yes, he's top 3, stronger than Shanks, yada yada yada, blah blah blah.

In any case, this WSS stuff in one piece is still underdeveloped and whack
Can't I have this opinion without being a part of some dumb agenda about Shanks/Mihawk-Sanji/Zoro

The reason there is no competition is more than likely because they realized how pointless it is. Nobody challenges any of the strongest title holders period and that's because it is suicide and if someone did want to achieve the title why randomly fight swordsmen who don't have the title. that will help achieve nothing since Mihawk is the only one that matters.

Zoro could fight 100 people who want to be WSS and be nowhere closer to his goal because none of them had value just because they wanna be number 1
It kinda makes me wonder how the title is maintained if it's never defended
I know the logical explaination is "Oda said so" but as a reader who wants to
suspend my disbelief for a moment and immerse in the world, it's a little jarring.

"Don't challenge him, he's just the strongest, farming with his baboons and what not"

Don't get it twisted, I still believe Oda's words, but from the perspective of the story itself
there's not much there, except these "legendary" duels with shanks 13 years ago.

Is 1050 chapters too early to say Oda missed? Maybe but if Mihawk literally does nothing in a 30 year story except fight zoro
it's kinda a miss no? IDK, these are just my thoughts.