Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't the attack, it was the fact that no matter how powerful Luffy was Kaidou was just going to try to straight up melt his arm if it wasn't defended with ryuo. Luffy explained that ryuo would prevent Kaidou's attempt to do so.

I already mentioned the evidence that you can harden your head. Ryuo is just another level of applying armament haki, you can apply armament haki on your head. Calling to logical fallacies like an internet pseudointellectual makes you look like a bit of a moron when you not only ignore the manga but the post you reply to.
Where is this "it was the fact that no matter how powerful Luffy was Kaidou was just going to try to straight up melt his arm if it wasn't defended with ryuo." explicitly said?

I asked for evidence of Whitebeard beng able to do so. Ryuo being another level of applying armament haki that you can apply on to weapons or attacks does not mean a character can inherently do it in other facets. Not responding to the argument and instead calling me a pseudointellectual hurts your case more than you think you just helped yours.

It's hard to tell with Oda these days to be honest. He has given us so many false endings of late with the Kaido fight you don't even know what to expect anymore.
There was no false ending last week.

-Lanterns were thrown up into the sky right as Kaido fell down
-Momo managed to move the island and got his big moment
-Luffy won a physical and ideological clash
-Kaido got his flashback and the callback to him saying JOYBOY will be the one who can beat him

They were already KO'd before they even made contact with magma, nice try admiral fan :suresure:
Funny of you to think someone gets killed because he was in lava. One chapter back Kaidou was engulfed in lava. To even think that the.state they were in due to lava is such a pathetic cope from retarded base. 🤣🤣
you're an idiot fuck off
Waido bathing in magma:suresure::suresure:

Even in his defeat he is still showing middle finger to Lolmiral Stans:milaugh:
Both opinions are shit
Magma 3 - 0 Lonkos. :akasalt:

Kaido wanted to start large-scale war supposedly to die in a grandiose way kinda like WB did, but ironically, he's been beat without even the Wano folk he's oppressed for 20 whole years witnessing it & is now dying in the same way Oden died (i.e. by boiling), no grand scale purpose in sight and with no one to witness it.

I can understand why characters like Kaido and Linlin dying by boiling Lava would raise some eyebrows, but then again the same Kaido that fell from a friggin sky island and walked off with only a slight head ache was being hurt by slams on the rooftop lol and Oden who is an anomaly akin to Linlin also died via boiling so it's feasible. Narrative-wise this death makes sense as underwhelming as it might be for some.

Kaido wanted to start large-scale war supposedly to die in a grandiose way kinda like WB did, but ironically, he's been beat without even the Wano folk he's oppressed for 20 whole years witnessing it & is now dying in the same way Oden died (i.e. by boiling), no grand scale purpose in sight and with no one to witness it.

I can understand why characters like Kaido and Linlin dying by boiling Lava would raise some eyebrows, but then again the same Kaido that fell from a friggin sky island and walked off with on a slight head ache was being hurt by slams on the rooftop lol and Oden who is an anomaly akin to Linlin also died via boiling so it's feasible.
Yeah making Kaido "die" in a grand battle with plenty of people to witness it just doesn't make narrative sense since it's literally what he wants lol

No no no rational thinking isnt allowed on this forum >:(((
Mt Fuji erupting might lead to Wano going down to sea level and a multitude of things.

"Why is it important for Luffy to be the sole one to defeat Kaidou"...are you really asking this?

Zoro and everyone relevant have gotten their 1v1 definitive win against their respective opponent. Luffy has none yet. So Kaidou it is.

And btw Kaidou wants to be PK. So it's a PK clash. You know that a certain boy named Luffy also want to be PK right? And he also promises to surpass Kaidou in order to be able to being the one worthy of being PK right?
I mean, Luffy's been getting assistance in the Kaido fight since the beginning. It's not like Luffy can't become the strongest if he doesn't beat Kaido right now. I don't get your point. Alot of Kaido's beliefs have yet to be challenged. Nothing about the samurai being strong despite Luffy saying that and Kaido's dream of dying and losing to Joy Boy isn't broken.

Doffy's dream was also to become PK but that isn't the major theme that's covered in that arc. So did Crocodile and Moria. Their themes don't focus on them being PK necessarily. Crocodile talks about how bonds are useless and Moria talks about how all his friends died in the new world. So why would Kaido's be solely on PK when he barely mentions it. his main dream is to die and his ideology is that might makes right. Luffy still defeated Kaido and Kaido can still get back up via Awakening. Not to mention the 9 Strawhats fitting Toki's 9 shadows prophecy and the Strawhats being strong enough to protect Luffy would tie in perfectly with Sabaody and how all the Starwhats trained to be strong enough for the New World. Wano basically being the last arc of the New World/4 Yonkos Saga.

Mt Fuji erupting might lead to Wano going down to sea level and a multitude of things.

I mean, Luffy's been getting assistance in the Kaido fight since the beginning. It's not like Luffy can't become the strongest if he doesn't beat Kaido right now. I don't get your point. Alot of Kaido's beliefs have yet to be challenged. Nothing about the samurai being strong despite Luffy saying that and Kaido's dream of dying and losing to Joy Boy isn't broken.

Doffy's dream was also to become PK but that isn't the major theme that's covered in that arc. So did Crocodile and Moria. Their themes don't focus on them being PK necessarily. Crocodile talks about how bonds are useless and Moria talks about how all his friends died in the new world. So why would Kaido's be solely on PK when he barely mentions it. his main dream is to die and his ideology is that might makes right. Luffy still defeated Kaido and Kaido can still get back up via Awakening. Not to mention the 9 Strawhats fitting Toki's 9 shadows prophecy and the Strawhats being strong enough to protect Luffy would tie in perfectly with Sabaody and how all the Starwhats trained to be strong enough for the New World. Wano basically being the last arc of the New World/4 Yonkos Saga.
Luffy literally promised in chapter 1000 that he will surpass Kaidou in order to be PK. Are you suggesting that Luffy must surpass Kaidou 10 years later instead of in this decisive clash that determines not only PK worth/candidacy but also Joy Boy capability? Kaidou also literally stated he will be PK, thats why it's Luffy's fight and no one else. All of the things you mentioned "strong samurai, 9 shadows, death completes a person, Toki's prophecy" etc etc are all secondary to One Piece's very main theme, which is the milestones to be PK. Surpassing the strongest as the worth to reach PK is the absolute priority in this manga. Nothing else is more important.

Nah, that's a misinformation The original concept of Teach was that he could nullify any type of attacks that hit him meaning even three admirals might not have been able to get rid of him . It literally stated that this concept of Teach is the opposite of the Teach who is in hard pain from any attack.
I have the databook right in front of my eyes btw
Oh i didn't know that thanks
I shoulda just read this post before making that thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.