Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be the first person here on the opposing side to really illustrate the difference between Luffy not winning and ZKK happening vs Luffy winning and ZKK happening.

For years I argued against the first point and this chapter has proven that this would never become the case. Luffy won his fight and that's that. Zoro did not "take over the fight" or interfere.

However, by circumstances of what is happening, and the clear cliffhanger that we are left on with Kaido/BM as well as Wano's fate with this volcano, it's clear that there is "more" in the narrative sense.

Luffy's fight is done. Kaido lost. But does that mean he can't emerge from Mt. Fuji to run perform a suicide move against Wano? Maybe he's already dying via the magma? Maybe he's already at a point where he is looking to die and is forcing the alliances hand (kill him first or he will destroy the capital and then die)?

At this point, it IS fair to say that something can happen with Kaido (and potentially Zoro). Like I've stated many times in the past, my problem wasn't ZKK, it was logical issues of it happening before Luffy won or if he had won, what scenario could Oda use to allow it to happen without diminishing Luffy's accomplishment?

Just things we can ask ourselves because one of Japan's most famous paintings involves an Eastern dragon flying out of Mt. Fuji. If that happens, then I think it's a possibility. If not, then obviously not.

Please don't take this as me arguing for or against it. Again, my main argument with ZKK was about Zoro interfering with Luffy's fight, or how Zoro could justifiably do it after Kaido loses. Luffy has won and Kaido is an a predicament that "may" lead him to do something extreme and tie back to his suicide motif.

Thats exactly why I feared they may not get them. Oda is writing them as brutes and I'm guessing the Impel Down guards were forced into awakening somehow?

They sat in their territories for decades and "gave up", Kaido has PTSD from Oden at least, BM has PTSD with Carmel and neither has gotten over it. Luffy on the other hand should still be reeling in PTSD from Akainu but Jinbei helped him deal with it and move on.

Luffy has shown extreme reslience/determination/ambition and such, he is putting the Yonkos to shame and maybe that's why he got to awaken.

But it still doesn't make sense that Katakuri and Doflamingo can get awakenings, both of them have sat put for many years in their territories for years now AFAIK and yet got awakenings.

Is Oda trying to say Kat and Doffy are mentally superior to BM and Kaido then? Given all we saw from both of them especially Kaido, him not being awakened just seems all the more ridiculous too by far. Oden said to him to get stronger and awakening would have definitely helped with that. But Kaido even dismissed awakenings to Luffy so it feels like Oda is purposely avoiding them for the Yonkos and making excuses through Kaido too.

Kaidos resilience is absolutely amazing too, he has been the best tank by far especially mentally, he just won't stop fighting or give up in this raid. He is unstoppable/unrelenting and this is without a confirmed awakening too. The Impel Down guards kept getting back up and fighting, the Minotaurus one at least so I expected Kaido to do the same but Oda made Luffy do that instead and made him turn out to be a Zoan instead to really rub it in too LMFAO!
Kaido and BM are awakened but Oda didn't see the necessity to explain their awakening because they were already using it from the get go.

his mind is not weak, he endured torture , he has FS and advCoC , he shown the best haki feats till now. suicide is just a hobby. he and BM are not weak minded more they have flaws. so has Doffy and Katakuri has their mind flaws. Doffy has his trauma and Katakuri too.
Doffy and Katakuri worked through their trauma. Doffy created a new family for himself, Katakuri created a new image to protect his family.

FS and adv CoC don’t mean anything. Kaidos not mentally strong, he literally wants to Jill himself.

Doffy and Katakuri worked through their trauma. Doffy created a new family for himself, Katakuri created a new image to protect his family.

FS and adv CoC don’t mean anything. Kaidos not mentally strong, he literally wants to Jill himself.
they are still traumatized till now, just like Kaido and BM. and Kaido's trauma might have occured after he was already awakend.

G

Gorosei Informer

Kaido and BM are awakened but Oda didn't see the necessity to explain their awakening because they were already using it from the get go.
That's just our headcanon and copium. They have shown abilities that could be awakening and should be even but unless Oda confirms it, I refuse to accept they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.